Author Topic: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors  (Read 99020 times)

Re: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors
« Reply #570 on: July 01, 2016, 10:42:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If I was Dwyawyawne Wade, I'd be pretty angry at the Miami Heat.  That dude took pay cuts to help orchestrate that Big 3.  He should get a "thank you" contract that pays him big money, but sounds like the Heat want to nickel and dime him.

« Reply #571 on: July 02, 2016, 01:42:54 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
ETWAUN MOORE (yes that one) just made 34 million dollars.

Source: the #Pelicans have come to an agreement with ETwaun Moore. 4 years, $34 million.

Good for him!
Maybe Jajuan Johnson could still make it in the league. we all want quasi-stretch fours.  :P
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #572 on: July 02, 2016, 02:03:22 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
people keep talking about AB's contract and that he might be upset about, Jae is the one who should cry he is taking pennies for 4 more SEASONS! AB and IT4 can re-up next season but certainly the one after if they make it to FA.  :blank: 
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #573 on: July 02, 2016, 02:12:46 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
The rumornilll is quiet. Too quiet. Something's about to happen.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #574 on: July 02, 2016, 03:01:24 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
If I was Dwyawyawne Wade, I'd be pretty angry at the Miami Heat.  That dude took pay cuts to help orchestrate that Big 3.  He should get a "thank you" contract that pays him big money, but sounds like the Heat want to nickel and dime him.

Yeah, he's really struggling, financially (sarcasm) ::).

« Reply #575 on: July 02, 2016, 04:47:37 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
The rumornilll is quiet. Too quiet. Something's about to happen.

Players, agents and management are sleeping? Or does free agency mean all nighters (honest question)
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #576 on: July 02, 2016, 12:21:04 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
This is the place for rumors, so here is one more. I just saw this in SoSH:

"Here's a name I just heard this morning when texting buddy of mine who is D-League coach working with a summer league team. Rondo to the Sixers for the max or close to it? Good lord it really is silly season if this is true.

The text said, "Looks like your boy Rondo may get his max after all in Philly. Close to it anyway."
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #577 on: July 02, 2016, 12:24:34 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

"Here's a name I just heard this morning when texting buddy of mine who is D-League coach working with a summer league team. Rondo to the Sixers for the max or close to it? Good lord it really is silly season if this is true.

The text said, "Looks like your boy Rondo may get his max after all in Philly. Close to it anyway."

I would be psyched for Rondo and this would be a good move for Philly. Bring in the best passer in the game to make all of their big men look better than they are for trade purposes. Simmons having the ball less may be the only reservation here.

« Reply #578 on: July 02, 2016, 12:45:19 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

I would be psyched for Rondo and this would be a good move for Philly. Bring in the best passer in the game to make all of their big men look better than they are for trade purposes. Simmons having the ball less may be the only reservation here.
Or maybe not, according to this article...

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Sixers-reportedly-interested-in-Rajon-Rondo.html
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #579 on: July 02, 2016, 01:11:43 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Or maybe not, according to this article...

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Sixers-reportedly-interested-in-Rajon-Rondo.html
That just appears to be that writer's opinion. Doesnt dispelled that Philly is interested.

« Reply #580 on: July 02, 2016, 01:29:44 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Yeah, he's really struggling, financially (sarcasm) ::).

Sure, he's very well off overall regardless, but its a matter of respect and loyalty, especially to the one player who has been a major part of all of their championship teams and has sacrificed a great deal to make it happen. Other players I'm sure will take notice of this and be wary of signing with the Heat long term.

« Reply #581 on: July 02, 2016, 01:34:46 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Just Riley being Riley. He's going to go after Durant hard trying to convince him to "take his talents to South Beach". His thinking is we still have Wade's bird rights he'll just fall in line regardless. In some ways he's right. I could see Wade taking a little less if Durant signed. It would kill me if Wade bolted after Durant spurns him tho.

« Reply #582 on: July 02, 2016, 02:03:11 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
Sources: Free agent Ryan Anderson walking into his final meeting now -- w/ Houston in LA. Afterward, he will hunker down and make decision.

« Reply #583 on: July 02, 2016, 03:08:55 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
 Jon Krawczynski ‏@APkrawczynski 2m2 minutes ago

AP Source: The Orlando Magic have agreed to terms on a 4-year deal with Bismack Biyombo.

« Reply #584 on: July 03, 2016, 04:06:24 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Portland is supposedly prepping a 2 year/$40M dolllar deal for Gasol with the Spurs also being another major suitor for him.

Either way, that's yet another potential contender/faux-contender in the West that KD would have to deal with.

If he goes to OKC and doesn't make it to the Finals, that will look like a major, major failure and wrong decision on his part.