Author Topic: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors  (Read 98563 times)

Re: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors
« Reply #480 on: July 01, 2016, 10:51:07 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Lin to Brooklyn

Free-agent guard Jeremy Lin has agreed to a three-year, $36 million deal with the Brooklyn Nets, league sources told The Vertical. Lin’s deal includes a player option for the third year, a trade kicker and bonus provisions, a league source said. Lin confirmed his agreement with an Instagram post shortly after The Vertical reported that he was nearing a deal. – via Yahoo! Sports

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #481 on: July 01, 2016, 10:52:00 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Former .@celtics big man Kris Humphries among the players discussed by Boston about bringing in via free agency, sources tell .@CSNNE

https://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/status/748886398317527040

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Hump played well here under Stevens.  I am sure he would be cheap.

« Reply #482 on: July 01, 2016, 10:58:41 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2645241-jordan-clarkson-latest-news-rumors-and-speculation-on-lakers-pg

Clarkson staying with Lakers 4 year/$50M. That's actually a decent contract for him. I thought he'd get more than that.

Wow, that is low.  Figured he'd be a crazy overpay candidate.

« Reply #483 on: July 01, 2016, 11:15:35 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Lin to Brooklyn

Free-agent guard Jeremy Lin has agreed to a three-year, $36 million deal with the Brooklyn Nets, league sources told The Vertical. Lin’s deal includes a player option for the third year, a trade kicker and bonus provisions, a league source said. Lin confirmed his agreement with an Instagram post shortly after The Vertical reported that he was nearing a deal. – via Yahoo! Sports

He's now their second-best player. If it stays that way, I'll be quite happy.

Mike

« Reply #484 on: July 01, 2016, 11:19:26 AM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
Former .@celtics big man Kris Humphries among the players discussed by Boston about bringing in via free agency, sources tell .@CSNNE

https://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/status/748886398317527040

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Hump played well here under Stevens.  I am sure he would be cheap.

We already have Olynyk, Yabusele, Bentil, Mickey, and probably Johnson. This is most likely the typical trashy Blakely reporting.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #485 on: July 01, 2016, 11:21:56 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Humphries? Haha. Wow if true.

« Reply #486 on: July 01, 2016, 11:22:18 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2645241-jordan-clarkson-latest-news-rumors-and-speculation-on-lakers-pg

Clarkson staying with Lakers 4 year/$50M. That's actually a decent contract for him. I thought he'd get more than that.

Because of the Gilbert Arenas rule, the most he could get was about $58 million over four years, since he was an Early Bird restricted free agent.

« Reply #487 on: July 01, 2016, 11:23:08 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Because of the Gilbert Arenas rule, the most he could get was about $58 million over four years, since he was an Early Bird restricted free agent.

Still, I'm surprised that he agreed to 50 not 58, which would've been 2 extra million per year.

« Reply #488 on: July 01, 2016, 11:28:53 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Anyone think Luol might be a good candidate for a 1 + 1 deal before ultimately trying to sign long-term next year? I think he'd definitely consider it, and he'd be a great small-ball 4 option for us, especially if we sign one of Horford or Howard, but not both. He was deadly in Miami at the 4 last year.

What's the limit on a lineup of the following:

PG: IT, Rozier
SG: Bradley, Smart
SF: Crowder, Brown
PF: Deng, Mickey, Guerschon?
C: Horford, Zizic

ECF? That's actually a good matchup against Cleveland. The ability to switch nearly everyone on James or Irving and every individual is a threat from the outside.

« Reply #489 on: July 01, 2016, 11:36:55 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Anyone think Luol might be a good candidate for a 1 + 1 deal before ultimately trying to sign long-term next year? I think he'd definitely consider it, and he'd be a great small-ball 4 option for us, especially if we sign one of Horford or Howard, but not both. He was deadly in Miami at the 4 last year.
I'm on board. I wouldn't be surprised to see a commitment to small ball the likes of which we haven't seen here. Starting Deng at the 4, would make small ball not a change of pace but the default style.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #490 on: July 01, 2016, 11:37:41 AM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
Deng's inability to stay healthy is a concern.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #491 on: July 01, 2016, 11:37:50 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

TP, didn't know that.  Still kinda surprised he didn't get his max, or a player option or something.

« Reply #492 on: July 01, 2016, 11:39:42 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
interesting stuff so far, especially mozgov. he was collecting splinters on the cavs bench, and now makes HOW MUCH a year?? this new market is impossible to figure out.

what is also interesting is that so far, no move has taken place that would seem to impact who wins the next championship. the best is yet to come.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #493 on: July 01, 2016, 11:45:29 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
interesting stuff so far, especially mozgov. he was collecting splinters on the cavs bench, and now makes HOW MUCH a year?? this new market is impossible to figure out.

what is also interesting is that so far, no move has taken place that would seem to impact who wins the next championship. the best is yet to come.  ;D

This is a great point.  Some people want to act like the sky is falling, but nothing has really changed.  Some non-contenders have added decent players, but it doesn't really matter in the big picture
I'm bitter.

« Reply #494 on: July 01, 2016, 11:51:00 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

This is a great point.  Some people want to act like the sky is falling, but nothing has really changed.  Some non-contenders have added decent players, but it doesn't really matter in the big picture
To restate, no move has taken place which made me think, "Gee, would be great to have had this player on this contract".
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."