Author Topic: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors  (Read 98555 times)

Re: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors
« Reply #420 on: July 01, 2016, 03:11:05 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Nobody wants Roy Hibbert?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #421 on: July 01, 2016, 03:12:34 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Nobody wants Roy Hibbert?

Washed up. His best days are buried in the past with Lance Stephenson and Paul George in Indy.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #422 on: July 01, 2016, 03:13:02 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Shelburne is reporting that Horford does not have any deal in place with Atlanta and is currently taking calls. Al Horford on a 4 year max sounds awesome right now.

Woj did say that IF Atlanta gives him the 5 year max he will take it though right?

Eh, I still don't think he automatically takes a 5 year deal just because they give it to him. If they don't add anything and lose Bazemore, then they're a borderline playoff team in a slightly improved East after losing Teague, too. I think he'd go with a four year max at a place like Boston or Houston rather than just play there for the extra year in a losing environment.

I don't think they'll give him the fifth year; they've seemed hesitant all along. Horford would fit perfectly with us, and he seems like the type of guy who would appreciate a simple pitch: we could just let him sit down with Brad for a while, discussing his role, Brad's vision, etc. I like our chances with him.

I really do not like idea of a 4 year max contract for Horford.

Max contract for Horford, given his experience, would be 35% of the cap, right?  If so that means $32.9M a year roughly.  He's not worth even close to that figure.  Honestly, even $20M is a stretch for Horford (even under this rising cao).  Upwards of $30m is ridiculous.

Horford is in the 7-9 year range, so I think it's just 30%.

$26.4M, same as KD.

Ahh, so it goes of how much experience they currently have, not how much they would have when next season starts?

$26.4m a year over 4 years is a LOT of money for Horford - I'm really not sure how I feel about that. 

I guess it's a toss up between Horford at $26.4M or Howard for $32.9M.  That's a tough call.  It's a difference of $6.5M a year which sounds like a significant amount initially...but then if you think about it rationally, a full MLE under this cap will probably be somewhere around the $9m, so $6.5M of cap space is ultimately not going to get you much in this market.  The difference is practically irrelevant.  I'd rather spend the extra and for Dwight, personally.

But if Dwight isn't available, and it will help to get Durant here, then I guess I can live with throwing $26M at Horford givign the craziness that is surrounding the salary cap world right now.

I shudder when thinking about the type of deals Sully will be offered.

Right now Isaiah Thomas, Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder must look like three of the most valuable trade assets in the league.

It's hilarious to think of all the complaining when Ainge signed Bradley.  Bradley might get three times that amount if he was a free agent right now.

He's firing that agent. Ainge stole his services.

Gotta admit, Ainge has set this cap up perfectly. Can't do much better than he has on most of these contracts. Specifically Bradley, Crowder, IT, & even Amir's 12 M option.

Heckuva job by Ainge.

And somehow people think we should be firing him? I'm baffled.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #423 on: July 01, 2016, 03:18:28 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
Sources: Free agent guard Eric Gordon has emerged as Knicks' top perimeter target. Sides starting to discuss parameters of a possible deal.

Rose, Gordon, and Noah all on the same team?  Ahahaha ;D. And to think that they used to make fun of how old our teams were, at times.  Your 2016-17 New York Knicks, brought to you by Blue Cross Blue Shield, lol ;D.

« Reply #424 on: July 01, 2016, 03:23:32 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Any one else fearful that many other teams are improving this offseason and we may not?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #425 on: July 01, 2016, 03:26:34 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
Sources: Free agent guard Eric Gordon has emerged as Knicks' top perimeter target. Sides starting to discuss parameters of a possible deal.

Rose, Gordon, and Noah all on the same team?  Ahahaha ;D. And to think that they used to make fun of how old our teams were, at times.  Your 2016-17 New York Knicks, brought to you by Blue Cross Blue Shield, lol ;D.

As Mike said :
Southcoast health that's more than medecine.

« Reply #426 on: July 01, 2016, 03:28:01 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Any one else fearful that many other teams are improving this offseason and we may not?

With the way they "improve" their roster, I'm not fearful at all.

« Reply #427 on: July 01, 2016, 03:37:44 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

A little bit. I still think we end up with either Howard or Horford. But I would also like for our name to be mentioned in these rumors a bit more. If we miss out on horford, KD, Howard, etc (all the big name guys), who do we go to next? Guys wanna get paid, when they see money from teams they'll pounce quick. We should be alert and be targeting lesser guys if our bigger plans fail.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #428 on: July 01, 2016, 03:55:14 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #429 on: July 01, 2016, 03:56:42 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

A little bit. I still think we end up with either Howard or Horford. But I would also like for our name to be mentioned in these rumors a bit more. If we miss out on horford, KD, Howard, etc (all the big name guys), who do we go to next? Guys wanna get paid, when they see money from teams they'll pounce quick. We should be alert and be targeting lesser guys if our bigger plans fail.

No, it's time to unload the max contracts on the bigger guys no matter what. No more mediocre guys.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #430 on: July 01, 2016, 07:16:33 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Yes, absolutely. Frustrating start to the offseason. I hope things pick up.

« Reply #431 on: July 01, 2016, 07:22:14 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Totally agree. No more treadmill guys. Enough already.

« Reply #432 on: July 01, 2016, 07:23:04 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

Don't you know we never try to improve, we only collect assets

« Reply #433 on: July 01, 2016, 07:23:12 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Other teams can zip right by us to 5th in the east. By all means. Go right ahead.

« Reply #434 on: July 01, 2016, 07:36:08 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we are going to strike out, but I hope otherwise.  By the time, we find out the other guys will be gone.