Author Topic: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors  (Read 98556 times)

Re: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors
« Reply #225 on: June 30, 2016, 05:23:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Ivwoukdnt be opposed to upgradingvour starting frontcourt from Sully and Amir to Howard and Horford.

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Crowder/Brown
Horford/Olynyk
Howard

Thats a dang good 9 man rotation where you can add another vet pressence or two on the cheap and use the last 4-5 roster spots on developing more youth like Hunter, Mickey, Bentil, Zizac and or Jackson depending or who is drafted and stashed out of the final three guys

« Reply #226 on: June 30, 2016, 05:29:22 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Who might be a good alternative frontcourt partner for Dwight in the event that Horford signs elsewhere?

Ryan Anderson?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #227 on: June 30, 2016, 05:31:14 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Ivwoukdnt be opposed to upgradingvour starting frontcourt from Sully and Amir to Howard and Horford.

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Crowder/Brown
Horford/Olynyk
Howard

Thats a dang good 9 man rotation where you can add another vet pressence or two on the cheap and use the last 4-5 roster spots on developing more youth like Hunter, Mickey, Bentil, Zizac and or Jackson depending or who is drafted and stashed out of the final three guys

If Howard comes in at $22 million instead of $26 million, there would be enough room to bring back Turner if he would accept most we could give him with the early Bird exception.

« Reply #228 on: June 30, 2016, 05:32:20 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
It's looking like Amir's contract will be guaranteed which is no surprise. If Durant/Horford chose the C's, who do you think is a good trading partner for him?

« Reply #229 on: June 30, 2016, 05:34:05 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Who might be a good alternative frontcourt partner for Dwight in the event that Horford signs elsewhere?

Ryan Anderson?

I'd just keep Amir and JJ myself, and try again for Durant next summer.  KO and JJ can replicate Anderson reasonably well.  Depending what Howard costs, perhaps JJ could be shipped out and Bazemore brought in, or there could be enough for another 1+1 flexibility deal.

« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2016, 05:36:10 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
It's looking like Amir's contract will be guaranteed which is no surprise. If Durant/Horford chose the C's, who do you think is a good trading partner for him?

Aside from sour grapes getting in the way, I think Atlanta would be a good place for the pair of Amir and JJ to go.  Houston and Dallas are both options as well, if either strike out in free agency.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 05:47:24 PM by saltlover »

« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2016, 05:45:01 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Ryan Anderson?

I'd just keep Amir and JJ myself, and try again for Durant next summer.  KO and JJ can replicate Anderson reasonably well.  Depending what Howard costs, perhaps JJ could be shipped out and Bazemore brought in, or there could be enough for another 1+1 flexibility deal.

Yeah, I would prefer a better defensive option than Ryno at PF, even if I have to sacrifice some offense there.

Still, I'd feel better if there were a decent third option in the offense for when the IT/Dwight PnR doesn't work.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #232 on: June 30, 2016, 06:01:06 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Aside from sour grapes getting in the way, I think Atlanta would be a good place for the pair of Amir and JJ to go.  Houston and Dallas are both options as well, if either strike out in free agency.

Hell, if Horford would go elsewhere and we still signed Howard, I wouldn't mind trying AJ and JJ and other assets for Milsap. You'd have to think that they'd be rebuilding in those circumstances and willing to trade him, and he'd come rather cheap since he's on essentially an expiring contract. We'd be a ridiculous defensive force with improved offense by simply adding those two, and you'd know with Milsap opting out next year that we'd have cap space. I'd say we're legit contenders with them, too.

The question is this - how much would he cost? Would AJ, JJ, Young, Hunter, and the Memphis pick or something like that be enough for him?

« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2016, 06:13:36 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2648363-chandler-parsons-latest-news-rumors-speculation-on-free-agent-forward

0% chance Parsons returns to Dallas

Oh boy, maybe a Dirk/Howard pairing isn't so crazy after all. Dirk has said that he'll field offers if they go young, which would seem to be their route if they lose Parsons and don't get Whiteside. Dirk would probably come decently cheap, too. I think Dirk and Howard have wanted to play together in the past, too. Wouldn't mind both of those on short-term deals if we lose out on Durant.

« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2016, 06:17:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Crowder/Brown
Horford/Olynyk
Howard

If Howard comes in at $22 million instead of $26 million, there would be enough room to bring back Turner if he would accept most we could give him with the early Bird exception.
Interesting.

BTW, congrats saltover. All my babies are in their 20's now, so I you will and can survive through not only those long nights the first year but through every other crazy thing your little bundle of joy will be bringing you your way over the years.

« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2016, 06:48:21 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
According to Bulpett, if we can't get Horford, we'll target Mahinmi and Mozgov among others. I'd love to land Mahinmi, and Mozgov might be a decent reclamation project.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #236 on: June 30, 2016, 06:48:52 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #237 on: June 30, 2016, 06:49:05 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
According to Bulpett, if we can't get Horford, we'll target Mahinmi and Mozgov among others. I'd love to land Mahinmi, and Mozgov might be a decent reclamation project.

Incoming Danny-bashing
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #238 on: June 30, 2016, 07:02:38 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
The Nets have landed a meeting with with Sacramento’s Rajon Rondo, one of the best point guards on the free-agent market, The Post has learned. – via New York Post

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2016, 07:08:26 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville