Author Topic: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors  (Read 98909 times)

Re: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors
« Reply #210 on: June 30, 2016, 04:44:42 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

This is funny.

As is the inability of some people on this blog to consider opinions other than their own. Creates paranoia, which is also funny.

Uninformed narcissism also is funny.

Grow up.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #211 on: June 30, 2016, 04:45:26 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Eddie Sefko
✔  ‎@ESefko 

Hearing that Dwight Howard is leaning toward either Boston or Atlanta. Doesn't look like anybody else is left in the picture.

4:13 PM - 30 Jun 2016

I predict we're getting at least one of those two, but something that crossed my mind is what if we got both of those guys? Would anyone have a problem with Horford/Howard as our starting frontcourt next year? Since it sounds like Durant's not coming here, we could use the leftover cap room to add both of them.

Horford, no.

Howard, yes.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #212 on: June 30, 2016, 04:57:04 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Not the Vertical, and it's his friend who's saying it, but here: http://theundefeated.com/features/expect-a-happy-ending-for-okc-in-durants-free-agent-drama/

Yeah, people need to read things more clearly and post more clearly. It's from a supposed friend of Durant. Spears isn't reporting this, and "OKC deal is 90% done" is nonsense since they're not even allowed to talk contracts yet..

On the other hand, another supposed friend of his said he's not wanting to leave that much money on the table at OKC, even though it's been widely reported (and even out of his own mouth) that money isn't his main or even secondary concern with this. So who knows how accurate it is. There's going to be leaks like this after each meeting.

« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2016, 04:58:41 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
The Kevin Durant visit in OKC is over, I'm told. What's more, the Thunder are now expected to get a meeting on the backend in NY as well.

Sam amick

« Reply #214 on: June 30, 2016, 04:58:45 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Eddie Sefko
✔  ‎@ESefko 

Hearing that Dwight Howard is leaning toward either Boston or Atlanta. Doesn't look like anybody else is left in the picture.

I predict we're getting at least one of those two, but something that crossed my mind is what if we got both of those guys? Would anyone have a problem with Horford/Howard as our starting frontcourt next year? Since it sounds like Durant's not coming here, we could use the leftover cap room to add both of them.

Horford at PF and Dwight at C? I like the sound of that. Jae Crowder will be our starting SF going from there lol.

Yeah, at this point I'm liking this idea, too, if KD stays in OKC, as long as Howard is not a full max.

« Reply #215 on: June 30, 2016, 04:59:19 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
We need Saltlover's assistance to assess the possibility of this... You out there, big guy?

I'm a dad!!!  The world's newest Celtic fan just came home from the hospital!

So I can't explain it all to you, but I did talk about this a little a few days ago in a fanpost on the front page:

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/6/26/12033394/the-race-for-durant

Mazel tov, SL! What's L'il Salty's name? Please don't say it's L'il Salty.

Bill Russell Saltlover

Nah, he'll be named Larry Coon Jr. after his father

Haha, thanks Jim and everyone else.  It's a girl.  I tried to convince my wife that Bradley was an acceptable girls name, and then offered Stephanie, both in honor of our coach.  But no dice.

The little one and I have found a nice arrangement in which she sleeps on my chest as I post on my phone.  Although I am sleep deprived, so I apologize in advance for any errors I make during the next few days.

I have a daughter. You're wrapped around her finger. It's easier for everybody involved if you just accept that now. ;)

Mike

« Reply #216 on: June 30, 2016, 05:00:16 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
The Kevin Durant visit in OKC is over, I'm told. What's more, the Thunder are now expected to get a meeting on the backend in NY as well.

Sam amick

Well that's good news, I think. That obviously means he wasn't totally persuaded to the point of not needing another visit with them, which is all you can ask for right now.

« Reply #217 on: June 30, 2016, 05:01:15 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Eddie Sefko
✔  ‎@ESefko 

I think Durant to OKC is contingent on them clearing room and signing Horford. I just dont see any reason for them to open a gaping hole in their lineup and all of a sudden start trying to clear cap to go after the guy if KD wasnt more or less demanding it.

Pure speculation on my part, but right now I think if KD returns, Horford will come with.

And them clearing room is contingent on the Thunder waiving Morrow/Ilyasova AND finding new homes for Kanter/Singler, which is not going to be easy.

« Reply #218 on: June 30, 2016, 05:09:29 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
We need Saltlover's assistance to assess the possibility of this... You out there, big guy?

So I can't explain it all to you, but I did talk about this a little a few days ago in a fanpost on the front page:

Bill Russell Saltlover

Haha, thanks Jim and everyone else.  It's a girl.  I tried to convince my wife that Bradley was an acceptable girls name, and then offered Stephanie, both in honor of our coach.  But no dice.

The little one and I have found a nice arrangement in which she sleeps on my chest as I post on my phone.  Although I am sleep deprived, so I apologize in advance for any errors I make during the next few days.

I have a daughter. You're wrapped around her finger. It's easier for everybody involved if you just accept that now. ;)

Mike

Two days in and I don't know much, but I know she owns me.

« Reply #219 on: June 30, 2016, 05:10:22 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
The 'decision is 90% made' comment says it's because Durant doesn't wanna give up that much money.
Can't we organize a sign and trade if that's the case?
Jaylen Brown+Nets picks?

Ultimately OKC isn't going to let him walk for nothing if he insists he's leaving.
We'd give them some great consolation assets.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #220 on: June 30, 2016, 05:11:24 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Bill Russell Saltlover

Mike

Congrats Salt. How awesome, you must be the proudest right now.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #221 on: June 30, 2016, 05:11:36 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Eddie Sefko
✔  ‎@ESefko 

I think Durant to OKC is contingent on them clearing room and signing Horford. I just dont see any reason for them to open a gaping hole in their lineup and all of a sudden start trying to clear cap to go after the guy if KD wasnt more or less demanding it.

Pure speculation on my part, but right now I think if KD returns, Horford will come with.

And them clearing room is contingent on the Thunder waiving Morrow/Ilyasova AND finding new homes for Kanter/Singler, which is not going to be easy.

They'll have to trade Ilyasova with his guaranteed contract now, too.

But, yeah, they're in a highly fluid situation. They don't want to go make that cap room and waste all of those assets (if they even can) until KD gives them an answer, but he'll want to know that they can actually do it before committing. Lol Just come to Boston where you don't have to worry about that, KD!  ;D

« Reply #222 on: June 30, 2016, 05:13:00 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
The 'decision is 90% made' comment says it's because Durant doesn't wanna give up that much money.
Can't we organize a sign and trade if that's the case?
Jaylen Brown+Nets picks?

Ultimately OKC isn't going to let him walk for nothing if he insists he's leaving.
We'd give them some great consolation assets.

It's not about the money. He's literally said so many times himself. He's got plenty of money between his past contracts and his $300M shoe deal.

« Reply #223 on: June 30, 2016, 05:13:00 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

Bill Russell Saltlover

Mike

Congrats, a daughter is the best thing that can happen to a man (that's the case for me).

« Reply #224 on: June 30, 2016, 05:20:06 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Eddie Sefko
✔  ‎@ESefko 

What would you offer Howard? 4 years $80million?