Author Topic: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors  (Read 98904 times)

Re: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors
« Reply #165 on: June 30, 2016, 01:28:38 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
https://twitter.com/Murf56/status/748564930513739776
@Murf56

In addition to Durant and Horford, IT even contacted Jimmy Butler. "I’ve talked to Jimmy Butler, but who knows how realistic that would be.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #166 on: June 30, 2016, 01:29:38 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
@ramonashelburne
Story going up shortly with @ArashMarkazi on Clippers inviting Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan and Chris Paul to pitch Durant on a Big 4

Blah gonna be hard to trump these pitches I hope he makes his decision soon, ready to move on

The Celtics gone up yet besides the Clippers may have to sacrifice Griffin in order make room for Durant.

« Reply #167 on: June 30, 2016, 01:30:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
@ramonashelburne
Story going up shortly with @ArashMarkazi on Clippers inviting Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan and Chris Paul to pitch Durant on a Big 4

Blah gonna be hard to trump these pitches I hope he makes his decision soon, ready to move on

I will be interested to see if they explain how that will work.

It involves him taking a major, major pay cut lol They have some balls to ask the would-be best player on that team to take that kind of pay cut, all while not having a sufficient supporting cast around him lol

« Reply #168 on: June 30, 2016, 01:30:48 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
@ramonashelburne

Can they even make a big 4 there, though?  I thought they would need to trade one of those three in order to sign Durant
I'm bitter.

« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2016, 01:39:30 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
@ramonashelburne

Can they even make a big 4 there, though?  I thought they would need to trade one of those three in order to sign Durant

The big four and the minimum eleven.

« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2016, 01:40:49 PM »

Offline Croc Hunter

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
@ramonashelburne

Yes, but unlike the Clippers pitch we won't be locking him in a room with Blake at the door not letting anyone in until he signs.

« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2016, 01:42:10 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
@ramonashelburne

I will be interested to see if they explain how that will work.

It's funny they're not bringing in PP who has played with Doc for many years. They're probably afraid he'll pull KD to the said and whisper, "go to the Celtics, I'll join you."

I'm actually kinda hoping we don't bring players in, maybe just AB since he's the longest running Celtic, but it shows less flash than bringing in the star players. KD knows who's on the team, you don't have to remind him.

Plus are they going to gut the bench? Just roll with PP and Rivers who ends up playing for cookies and milk for his dad? It would be kinda awkward if they end up cutting trading Griffen or Jordan to gain cap. 

« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2016, 01:47:39 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
We need Saltlover's assistance to assess the possibility of this... You out there, big guy?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #173 on: June 30, 2016, 01:54:38 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
If the Clippers were able to keep only Paul, DJ, and Griffin, trade away all of their non-star players (Reddick, Pierce, Wilcox, and Dawson), renounce all of their free agents, and not sign their draft pick, they still wouldn't have enough to give KD a max contract with $69, 432, 666M in contracts and cap holds for 9 other players to fill out the roster.

Right now without trading any of their other pieces, which they legitimately can't since their supporting cast and bench is thin enough as it is, and renouncing all of their rights to free agents/draft picks this year, they have $78, 194, 482M in contracts, meaning they can only offer Durant a contract worth less than $16M this year, along with only Reddick, Pierce, and CJ Wilcox as their supporting cast.

It's not happening.

EDIT: Actually, their current ability is less than that, because I didn't factor in cap holds for roster spots. They're actually at $80, 929, 482M with the ability to only offer Durant around a $13M deal this offseason.  ::)

« Reply #174 on: June 30, 2016, 02:02:08 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
So their pitch is... take an under value contract to split time with Blake Griffin and join a team that hasn't won anything full of "stars" who also haven't won anything.  I think we can count the Clippers out.

« Reply #175 on: June 30, 2016, 02:02:45 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Doc really is an idiot GM if he's going to trade virtually every non-max player to try and get Durant and only have four players under contract, while already hitting the salary cap.

« Reply #176 on: June 30, 2016, 02:03:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
So their pitch is... take an under value contract to split time with Blake Griffin and join a team that hasn't won anything full of "stars" who also haven't won anything.  I think we can count the Clippers out.
They have to trade Griffin to make it work. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #177 on: June 30, 2016, 02:07:38 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/06/isaiah_thomas_al_horford_very.html

https://twitter.com/celticsblog/status/748577191567437824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

IT reports to have been in contact via text with Horford who is "open to opportunity" of playing with C's and "likes how we play." IT is also lobbying Ainge to be in on the Durant pitch.

« Reply #178 on: June 30, 2016, 02:11:29 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
We need Saltlover's assistance to assess the possibility of this... You out there, big guy?

I'm a dad!!!  The world's newest Celtic fan just came home from the hospital!

So I can't explain it all to you, but I did talk about this a little a few days ago in a fanpost on the front page:

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/6/26/12033394/the-race-for-durant

« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2016, 02:13:38 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!

I'm a dad!!!  The world's newest Celtic fan just came home from the hospital!

So I can't explain it all to you, but I did talk about this a little a few days ago in a fanpost on the front page:

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/6/26/12033394/the-race-for-durant

TP. Congrats man  8)