Author Topic: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors  (Read 98558 times)

Re: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2016, 02:56:19 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I believe something is definitely up with Durant, and if he doesn't come this year (returns to OKC), he's coming next year. The Stars have been aligning on this one for quite some time.......

*Ainge is spotted in the stands, next to Durants mom, while scouting KD

*Media leaks that Ainge would've chosen Durant over Oden, if lotto balls fell Celtics way

*Durant, a well known Bird fanatic growing up

*Kendrick Perkins, a teammate who has the ability to sell on the C's & Ainge

*Ainge has made room this season for 2 Max free agents (also knew the cap was rising)

*Ainge met with agent, found out who KD wants to play with

*IT4 puts full court recruitment out there with Horford & KD

A lot of this is just random, but very interesting. Ainge is no dummy, in fact, he's probably the smartest GM in the biz. He somehow managed to get a seat at an expensive table. One he's saved up for.

Hah, don't tell that to some people on here.

Anyways, I think those are good reasons he would choose us. If not this year, hopefully we continue to take a step forward and show him what we are all about next summer. (Though, there are reports that he wants this to be a 1 time thing, that he wants to sing long term now)

Everything Ainge does is for a reason, and he always is a step ahead. He's patient. Waits until a situation benefits his Celtics, & then pounces, I feel like he's been college recruiting Durant since the beginning. He knows his family, been buddy buddy with his agent (same agent as James Young).

The guy covers his bases. I'd have to believe him & Stevens are good salesman. This meeting Saturday will go well, no doubt. Durant still might stay in OKC regardless, but best believe Ainge will be prepping for the next go around. He'll use this to his advantage somehow.

Please don't tell me that that's why he drafted and has, for some reason, elected to keep James Young, lol ;D.

« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2016, 03:39:53 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
So, Philly is in needs of guards, right? Right???

« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2016, 03:54:01 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
So, Philly is in needs of guards, right? Right???

Guards you say? We got plenty of 'em! Give us Noel or Okafor and you'll get your guards!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2016, 10:53:44 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2016, 10:55:23 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2016, 10:57:42 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Cannot beat this blog for laughs.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2016, 11:24:06 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2648363-chandler-parsons-latest-news-rumors-speculation-on-free-agent-forward

Memphis believes they'll ultimately resign Conley now, and are now pursuing Parsons, too.

I think this is good news for us in our Durant pursuit. If the Spurs really are more interested in getting Pau rather than Conley, then Memphis retaining Conley and adding Parsons would mean another semi-contender in the mix in the West, or a dangerous playoff team at the very least.

« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2016, 11:25:49 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/30/report-mavericks-get-first-meeting-with-hassan-whiteside-will-offer-max/

Mavericks get first meeting with Whiteside and will offer max.

Another good sign for us, since it seems that either Dallas or Memphis (if not both) could substantially improve this summer. The West may be a freaking jungle once again with only Cleveland being a true contender in the East.

« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2016, 11:36:08 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2648363-chandler-parsons-latest-news-rumors-speculation-on-free-agent-forward

Memphis believes they'll ultimately resign Conley now, and are now pursuing Parsons, too.

I think this is good news for us in our Durant pursuit. If the Spurs really are more interested in getting Pau rather than Conley, then Memphis retaining Conley and adding Parsons would mean another semi-contender in the mix in the West, or a dangerous playoff team at the very least.

Parsons would be a fun fit next to Conley and M.Gasol. I hope that happens.

Three unselfish skilled guys.

« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2016, 11:45:38 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i fail to see how this seemingly undirected and random slap at cb posters adds to this thread.

coachbo, please at least make your posts relevant and part of the larger discussion. just putting down others is not making this place any better.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2016, 11:54:51 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
"I wish I was like you, easily amused" ~Kurt Cobain.

« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2016, 12:00:10 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I agree CoachBo. Some dimwit wrote that Kanter could defend! only on Cs blog amirite?

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2016, 12:05:38 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
i fail to see how this seemingly undirected and random slap at cb posters adds to this thread.

coachbo, please at least make your posts relevant and part of the larger discussion. just putting down others is not making this place any better.

Seriously, and of all threads, the one that jpotter33 and greece666 have been painstakingly updating to keep everyone up to date?  Come on.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2016, 12:07:34 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I agree CoachBo. Some dimwit wrote that Kanter could defend! only on Cs blog amirite?

Hey, CoachBo knows big-man defense.  After all, he's better at it than Greg Monroe
I'm bitter.

« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2016, 12:07:36 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Seriously, and of all threads, the one that jpotter33 and greece666 have been painstakingly updating to keep everyone up to date?  Come on.

Yeah, TP to Greece666 for the help with this. He's seemingly got every rumor on here that I have missed or not got to yet!