Author Topic: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors  (Read 98981 times)

Re: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2016, 03:30:09 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Im thinking we should probably pursue Dwayne Wade.
i would be interested in learning why you believe bringing wade onto the celtics would be a good move.

wade had one of the worst seasons of his career (his RPM was -1.08 and his WS/48 was 1.05, which is about league average).

he has a lot of injuries. last year he did play in 74 games, but he's has only averaged 62 games played in his last 5 seasons. and please remember that he'll be 35 in january.

this team needs 3 point shooting, among other things. wade? he shot 15.9% from three point land last season and is 28.4% for his career. smart is better at it than wade.

i am sure some team will overpay for him, given his name and reputation. but i dont see whom he replaces on the celtics so as to give the celtics some sort of significant boost.

Wade had a rough regular season but he was great in the playoffs. If we lose out on our initial targets I wouldnt mind adding Wade to play alongside IT for a season. We have enough guards to spell Wade during the regular season as well. Wade is definitely going to help another playoff team out there. Why not see him as a 3rd-4th option in free agency?

« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2016, 03:35:01 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
i would be interested in learning why you believe bringing wade onto the celtics would be a good move.

wade had one of the worst seasons of his career (his RPM was -1.08 and his WS/48 was 1.05, which is about league average).

he has a lot of injuries. last year he did play in 74 games, but he's has only averaged 62 games played in his last 5 seasons. and please remember that he'll be 35 in january.

this team needs 3 point shooting, among other things. wade? he shot 15.9% from three point land last season and is 28.4% for his career. smart is better at it than wade.

i am sure some team will overpay for him, given his name and reputation. but i dont see whom he replaces on the celtics so as to give the celtics some sort of significant boost.

Wade had a rough regular season but he was great in the playoffs. If we lose out on our initial targets I wouldnt mind adding Wade to play alongside IT for a season. We have enough guards to spell Wade during the regular season as well. Wade is definitely going to help another playoff team out there. Why not see him as a 3rd-4th option in free agency?
Wade is a non-shooter so it hurts spacing a lot. Also, we have too many guards to add in another gaurd who is gonna demand at minimum 26 minutes a game. you can sacrifice all that development time to a guy who is not a part of the long term plan.

Our guard combo is fine right now. Thomas, Bradley Smart Rozier and Demetrius. If you wanna call Wade a wing, we are OK there too with Brown and Crowder. IF we are gonna spend big for a non-superstar, it must be for a big man, or at the least a swing. 
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2016, 03:58:58 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
ugh

If i have to look at his stupid face in celtic green this season....

I might throw up
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2016, 04:12:49 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
ugh

I might throw up

LOL

« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2016, 04:41:17 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
ugh

I might throw up

I hate that cheap shot artist and absolutely refuse to buy tickets if he becomes a part of the team. I will not lend my voice to support that disgusting cheater. My absolute least favorite player. Would rather have Kobe or JR Smith on the team.

« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2016, 04:46:57 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
ugh

I might throw up

« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2016, 04:50:39 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Word around is JC isn't wanting to go back to the Clips. That'd be a pretty big blow for Doc, if so.

If Crawford has had enough of Doc, I can't really blame him tbh

« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2016, 05:09:56 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2016, 05:19:00 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I don't wanna make a new thread for this but per Himmelsbach:

Celtics just *happen* to be making Isaiah Thomas available to media tomoro 7 hrs before free agency begins I'm sure there'll be no Durant ?s

What does this mean?

Edit: disregard.
(It's a community event in Roxbury but I'm a conspiracy theorist but anyway thanks Celtics we love the extra material)
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2016, 06:01:02 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2016, 06:28:09 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2649222-andrew-bogut-trade-rumors-latest-news-buzz-and-speculation-on-warriors-center

Warriors growing frustrated with Bogut's unreliability; prefer Ezeli; considering trading him

« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2016, 06:35:15 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2649222-andrew-bogut-trade-rumors-latest-news-buzz-and-speculation-on-warriors-center

Warriors growing frustrated with Bogut's unreliability; prefer Ezeli; considering trading him

Unless they find a suitable replacement (ie, not Ezeli ;D), trading Bogut would really hurt their half court offense without his passing, imo.  I'm surprised that they didn't sign Daniel Ochefu, even though I was hoping that we would, but whatever.  Ugh.

« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2016, 06:37:22 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/28/report-spurs-interested-in-pau-gasol/

Spurs make Gasol a "real priority" this offseason

With them focused on consolation prizes like Gasoline and Conley, I wonder what that means with their Durant pursuit.

Lol.

Haha stupid iphone autocorrect!

Lol, don't worry about it ;D.

« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2016, 06:50:12 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I kinda feel like neither Bogut nor Ezeli is the right answer for them. 

Draymond should be spending more time at center in the future.  When he isn't, they could really use somebody they can count on to be healthy and actually merit defensive attention inside during the playoffs.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2016, 06:51:02 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
http://hoopshabit.com/2016/06/29/boston-celtics-rumors-hassan-whiteside-target/

Celtics interested in Whiteside (per Kyler)

Who would have ever thought that Boston could be in the position to decide which of the top free agents they're going to sign?

Mike