Author Topic: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors  (Read 98923 times)

Re: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2016, 07:35:40 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/28/report-spurs-interested-in-pau-gasol/

Spurs make Gasol a "real priority" this offseason

With them focused on consolation prizes like Gasoline and Conley, I wonder what that means with their Durant pursuit.

Unless they expect Gasol to sign at a discount, I don't think there is any way they can afford to sign both Durant and Gasol.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I don't think Gasol is willing to pull a David West-type move and sign for the vet minimum with them. What I'm thinking is they'll give a quick pitch to Durant, and if they have an inkling of doubt about him signing there, then they'll probably move on to their more realistic options in Conley and Gasol, where there's been interest shown both ways.

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2016, 09:59:09 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2649039-dwyane-wade-latest-news-rumors-and-speculation-on-heat-guard

Wade ready to listen to outside offers after Heat contract talks stall

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2649033-lakers-rumors-la-plans-to-land-kevin-durant-meeting-pursuing-more-free-agents

Lakers not giving up hope for Durant meeting

One source said - "I can't imagine that Durant wouldn't talk to us. That would shock me."

How entitled and arrogant are the LA Lakers? Lol They were legitimately the second worst team in the league, yet they expect a top-3 player in the league to consider signing with them with no semblance of a real roster to out around him.

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2016, 10:03:27 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2649027-jarrett-jack-trade-rumors-latest-buzz-and-speculation-on-nets-guard

Nets shopping Jack before waiving non-guaranteed contract

Who do they have behind him? Only Larkin? Are they banking on signing Rondo?

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2016, 10:04:55 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
I'm sure Wade is posturing, but if he isn't.

He may be the way to get KD to Boston.

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2016, 10:14:58 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2649027-jarrett-jack-trade-rumors-latest-buzz-and-speculation-on-nets-guard

PLEASE SIGN HIM

He will help the tank

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2016, 10:18:16 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'm sure Wade is posturing, but if he isn't.

He may be the way to get KD to Boston.

By the Heat being out of the running for KD or by the Cs signing Wade and then trading Smart for Noel?

Whatever brings KD to the Cs is fine with me, but [obviously] not a huge Wade fan.

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2016, 10:33:38 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2649039-dwyane-wade-latest-news-rumors-and-speculation-on-heat-guard

Wade ready to listen to outside offers after Heat contract talks stall

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2649033-lakers-rumors-la-plans-to-land-kevin-durant-meeting-pursuing-more-free-agents

Lakers not giving up hope for Durant meeting

One source said - "I can't imagine that Durant wouldn't talk to us. That would shock me."

How entitled and arrogant are the LA Lakers? Lol They were legitimately the second worst team in the league, yet they expect a top-3 player in the league to consider signing with them with no semblance of a real roster to out around him.

ESPECIALLY after LMA's comments about them last year
I'm bitter.

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2016, 10:47:34 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

PLEASE SIGN HIM

He will help the tank

Actually, Jarrett Jack was instrumental in their suckitude last year, lol ;D.

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2016, 11:12:35 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

PLEASE SIGN HIM

He will help the tank

iirc he is recovering from his torn ACL + if they find no team to trade him to, they will just waive him.

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2016, 11:21:15 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

PLEASE SIGN HIM

He will help the tank

Actually, Jarrett Jack was instrumental in their suckitude last year, lol ;D.
From my point of view, he was annoyingly good.

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2016, 12:22:39 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
I do still fear Rondo going to Brooklyn a bit. He's obviously not 2012 Rondo anymore and not really a good fit with the modern NBA, but he'd do just enough to get the Nets out of one of the top-two worst records in the league.

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2016, 12:29:01 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I do still fear Rondo going to Brooklyn a bit. He's obviously not 2012 Rondo anymore and not really a good fit with the modern NBA, but he'd do just enough to get the Nets out of one of the top-two worst records in the league.

He was -1.3 in On/Off Differential last year per Bball Reference; Jarrett Jack measured in at +1.9. Rondo to the Nets would be a fantastic development for the pick.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2016, 12:54:45 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

He was -1.3 in On/Off Differential last year per Bball Reference; Jarrett Jack measured in at +1.9. Rondo to the Nets would be a fantastic development for the pick.

I wonder how much of that has to do with him playing major minutes with Boogie, though.

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2016, 01:13:30 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

I wonder how much of that has to do with him playing major minutes with Boogie, though.

Boogie was +6.8, and they played about 1800 of Rondo's 2500 together. So when Boogie was off the floor and Rondo was on, Rondo was terrible.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2016, 01:41:18 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Boogie was +6.8, and they played about 1800 of Rondo's 2500 together. So when Boogie was off the floor and Rondo was on, Rondo was terrible.

So yeah, roughly 60% of their minutes were together, and if I remember right, DMC's on/off splits are some of the most lopsided in the league. So that's at least partially responsible for it, though Rondo is certainly part of the blame for those splits, too.

Defensively it's a wash between the two anymore with both of them being below average defenders right now. Jack provides more shooting and Iso offense, but I'd worry a bit about Rondo getting Lopez some easy looks. They'll have some really poor spacing with him, though.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:47:56 AM by jpotter33 »