Author Topic: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors  (Read 98929 times)

Re: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 08:27:55 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Yikes Washington not even getting a meeting

Yeah, this season absolutely killed their chances. It's a pretty big turnaround from them being the non-OKC favorite a year ago.

Yeah a year ago I thought there was a real chance they could get him. Do you think they keep Beal?

Yeah, they pretty much have to at this point.

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 08:34:56 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Yeah, this season absolutely killed their chances. It's a pretty big turnaround from them being the non-OKC favorite a year ago.

Yeah a year ago I thought there was a real chance they could get him. Do you think they keep Beal?

The rumor I heard was he hates when he has to go home and play because of all the requests he gets from friends and family. 

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 08:52:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If the Wiz sign Noah, I imagine they'd be looking to trade Gortat, right?

Could be a good fallback option if Horford signs elsewhere.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 09:13:53 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

The rumor I heard was he hates when he has to go home and play because of all the requests he gets from friends and family.

Playing close to home is definitely a dual-edged sword for pro athletes.

Lots of perks but lots of headaches too.

Aaron Hernandez and Chris Herren come to mind.

That was one of the reasons that I was glad we didn't get Noel.

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 09:33:00 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Thats a good idea. Gortat would be a great fall back option, at a reasonable cost.

What the heck do the Wizards want Noah at max money for anyways? He's 31, coming off serious injury issues and two bad seasons, and he has very limited offense.

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2016, 12:24:57 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

idk, Noah could well be a bench player at this stage.

What makes you think they cannot use both?

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2016, 12:29:48 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Thats a good idea. Gortat would be a great fall back option, at a reasonable cost.

What the heck do the Wizards want Noah at max money for anyways? He's 31, coming off serious injury issues and two bad seasons, and he has very limited offense.

But Steve Kerr would pick Joakim Noah in a Game 7 of a playoffs series!  :angel:

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2016, 12:35:41 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

idk, Noah could well be a bench player at this stage.

What makes you think they cannot use both?

They are reportedly going to offer Noah a long term, max deal, which is crazy. I don't see them spending that much money to use a guy as a bench player.

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2016, 02:55:21 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/thunder/2016/06/25/kevin-durant-free-agency-thunder-spurs-celtics-clippers-heat-warriors/86386482/?hootPostID=333bcc572de0ff8ac60f4414f7137aa2

Knicks may be in. Think they have a chance?

I think that report of "the Knicks being on KD's radar" was out before he even showed the list of teams he'll be meeting with. So nothing has changed. Also, there's now the report that Noah is their top priority in free agency, so that puts the damper on the KD dream, since they can't realistically sign both of them with cap space.

Knicks top free-agent target is Joakim Noah

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/26/report-knicks-top-free-agent-target-is-joakim-noah/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2016, 03:07:52 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/thunder/2016/06/25/kevin-durant-free-agency-thunder-spurs-celtics-clippers-heat-warriors/86386482/?hootPostID=333bcc572de0ff8ac60f4414f7137aa2

I think that report of "the Knicks being on KD's radar" was out before he even showed the list of teams he'll be meeting with. So nothing has changed. Also, there's now the report that Noah is their top priority in free agency, so that puts the damper on the KD dream, since they can't realistically sign both of them with cap space.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/26/report-knicks-top-free-agent-target-is-joakim-noah/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

good lord. have the knicks and wiz even watched noah lately? dude is cooked. a max- or near-max contract would be a disaster.

his FG% the last few years:
2010-11 .525
2011-12 .508
2012-13 .481
2013-14 .475
2014-15 .445
2015-16 .383

and that's with the team having supposedly better offensive talent around him.

stay FAR away.

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2016, 03:13:20 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

good lord. have the knicks and wiz even watched noah lately? dude is cooked. a max- or near-max contract would be a disaster.

his FG% the last few years:
2010-11 .525
2011-12 .508
2012-13 .481
2013-14 .475
2014-15 .445
2015-16 .383

and that's with the team having supposedly better offensive talent around him.

stay FAR away.

I think this is an attempt to keep Rose after this season. I don't know why people are expecting the old Rose to come back after all of his injuries.

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2016, 03:14:52 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I think this one deserves some talk: http://m.newsok.com/how-kevin-durants-free-agency-will-happen-through-the-eyes-of-nba-agents/article/5506480?custom_click=rss

Some notable quotes:
According to reputable agents who've gone through the process in the past with star players, Durant may already have his mind made up.

“A player in Durant's situation is totally unique,” said one agent. “He is more anticipating seeing the pitches from other teams just because he wants to.”

Huh, if he's made up his mind then there's no point in touring. He might as well go take those Lakers and Knicks tours then, if he just wants to hear a pitch.

Another agent thinks, in the case of Durant, the club that wants to pry him away from the Thunder “needs to be a good team, in a better market with a better chance to win than OKC.”

“So Golden State and Miami become the only real players,” the agent said. “It's too hard to justify a move to Los Angeles (Lakers) or New York because they are not close to winning. Houston's out.”

I can't tell if this is speculation on the part of the agent, or if he's actually heard that GS and Miami are top options. Because Boston might not have the market of Miami, but it's just as good a team and arguably a better chance of winning it all now and in the future.

Another agent, however, thinks Durant's free agency will be different from James' in one regard: Durant isn't playing general manager.

Said the agent: “The LeBron Role – ‘I want Kevin Love. ... This is how the team needs to be to win' – it doesn't seem like Durant would ever play that kind of role. I don't think he wants to.”

This one is interesting, it goes directly against the report from Lowe where he said Horford was on KD's list.

It's a decision that may already have been made.

“He knows his plan before this process happens,” one agent thinks of the day Durant's free agency starts, calling the meetings with various teams "bull."

“It's more formality than anything else.”

Not a huge fan of this article lol. Hope it's not true.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2016, 03:15:24 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
You cant have rumors only speculation... It would be tampering if a GM or a coach publicly talked about another player before FA begins..

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2016, 11:29:25 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Jamal Crawford poised to leave Clippers? New York Knicks an option?

http://national.suntimes.com/nba/7/72/3215640/jamal-crawford-tweets-about-that-time-for-a-change

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/jamal-crawford-emerging-viable-option-join-knicks-article-1.2687880

This would be a big hit to the Clippers. It seems the maximum amount of cap space they could have by renouncing all free agents is somewhere between $15-$17M, which isn't a lot this offseason, and they'd only have around 9 players or so.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:41:55 AM by jpotter33 »