Author Topic: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors  (Read 98962 times)

Re: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2016, 12:24:19 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
https://twitter.com/CelticsHub/status/747821013279342593?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Celtics also have a meeting set up with Horford - only team who has meeting with both Durant AND Horford!

Our secret master plan of pairing them together is finally coming together...

Sounds nice if you believe the old report that Horford was somebody Durant wanted to play with I doubt it though. His other suitors are filled with guys way better than Horford

It was a Zach Lowe report that stated it, which is pretty credible. He's an excellent analyst and has plenty of connections around the league.

Besides, I took it as Horford being the one he wants to most play with that's available this summer rather than in general.

And a low-usage, two-way virtual perennial All-Star seems to be much more of a fit than someone like the Splash Bros in GS or the ball-dominant Westbrook. I could see why he would want to play with someone like Horford, who shares the same type of character as him where winning is priority number one.

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2016, 12:29:52 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16559518/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-already-talking-free-agent-kevin-durant

Knicks get a head start.

They're not getting a head start; they're trying to get what we, San Antonio, GS, OKC, Miami, and LAC already have.

In what world do they think they even have a chance for Durant? Do they think that they have 2011 Rose or something? Don't they only have like $35M in cap space and only four players on their roster right now?? lol

We're talking Dolan and the Knicks here; they're delusional.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2016, 01:03:06 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
If the Wiz sign Noah, I imagine they'd be looking to trade Gortat, right?

Could be a good fallback option if Horford signs elsewhere.
idk, Noah could well be a bench player at this stage.

What makes you think they cannot use both?
TP Agree entirely. Noah will have fully entered the "rotation veteran" part of his career.

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2016, 01:09:50 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242441/Al-Horford-To-Receive-Interest-From-Lakers-Rockets-Magic-Pistons-Wizards-Celtics-Nets

"The Atlanta Hawks will compete to re-sign Al Horford with the Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets, Orlando Magic, Detroit Pistons, Washington Wizards, Boston Celtics and Brooklyn Nets."

I mean, if he cares mostly about winning, we're easily number one in that group, right? An argument may be made for the Hawks, but their core is quite old and has proven incapable of getting past Cleveland, let alone winning a freaking game
I think Boston and Atlanta would have to be the favorites.

Orlando and Detroit would also have chances.
Payton
Fournier-Hezonja
Gordon
Horford Ibaka
Vucevic

Jackson
KCP
Harris JOhnson
Horford
Drummond.

both would be formidable lineups.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2016, 02:32:47 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2403
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242441/Al-Horford-To-Receive-Interest-From-Lakers-Rockets-Magic-Pistons-Wizards-Celtics-Nets

"The Atlanta Hawks will compete to re-sign Al Horford with the Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets, Orlando Magic, Detroit Pistons, Washington Wizards, Boston Celtics and Brooklyn Nets."

I mean, if he cares mostly about winning, we're easily number one in that group, right? An argument may be made for the Hawks, but their core is quite old and has proven incapable of getting past Cleveland, let alone winning a freaking game

Payton
Fournier-Hezonja
Gordon
Horford Ibaka
Vucevic

Jackson
KCP
Harris JOhnson
Horford
Drummond.

I think Houston should be the favourite. They are absolutely made for Horford. Horford and D'Antoni would be incredible together.

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2016, 02:47:57 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Payton
Fournier-Hezonja
Gordon
Horford Ibaka
Vucevic

Jackson
KCP
Harris JOhnson
Horford
Drummond.

I think Houston should be the favourite. They are absolutely made for Horford. Horford and D'Antoni would be incredible together.

I'm not sure. Outside the Hispanic population, I don't see Horford looking forward to moving to a team with a star as polarizing as Harden. Hasn't Horford been quoted in the past about caring about people on his team playing defense? I just can't see him wanting to join someone like Harden.

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2016, 04:42:32 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2644277-harrison-barnes-latest-news-rumors-speculation-on-warriors-wings-future

Sixers plan to make big run at Barnes in free agency

This is relevant to us for several reasons:

1) we've had interest in targeting Barnes in the past, although with it almost assuredly a max and after his Finals disappearance this may have died down;

2) getting Barnes would lessen Philly's need of a wing, which would hurt our chances of trading something like Noel for Brown if we would happen to land KD (since Brown wouldn't be needed then)

3) it could force GS into an awkward position in choosing between him and Durant if they try and sign him early in free agency

So this is a story to be watching.

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2016, 04:46:36 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2644277-harrison-barnes-latest-news-rumors-speculation-on-warriors-wings-future

1) we've had interest in targeting Barnes in the past, although with it almost assuredly a max and after his Finals disappearance this may have died down;

2) getting Barnes would lessen Philly's need of a wing, which would hurt our chances of trading something like Noel for Brown if we would happen to land KD (since Brown wouldn't be needed then)

3) it could force GS into an awkward position in choosing between him and Durant if they try and sign him early in free agency

Barnes is a terrific shooter and has a lot of experience with winning teams. I think a Simmons-Barnes 3-4 combo would be terrific for Philly. Barnes is not a world beater but his presence along with the addition of Simmons and presumably Embiid Id imagine Philly would be better than Brooklyn next year. 
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2016, 04:48:18 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Barnes is a terrific shooter and has a lot of experience with winning teams. I think a Simmons-Barnes 3-4 combo would be terrific for Philly. Barnes is not a world beater but his presence along with the addition of Simmons and presumably Embiid Id imagine Philly would be better than Brooklyn next year.

Oh, I think they'll do enough this summer for sure to be better than Brooklyn. Hell, Simmons himself might make that happen. They just didn't have a facilitator to do anything offensively.

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2016, 04:51:21 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I think Barnes at max money is going to be a mistake. He doesn't convinces me. But Philly can afford, so whatever. Glad it won't be OUR mistake.

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2016, 04:51:49 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Teams/Agents/Players ARE talking right now...on the down low---right-?

How else do these deals happen so quickly after Midnight, once FA season starts--?
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2016, 04:59:57 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Teams/Agents/Players ARE talking right now...on the down low---right-?

How else do these deals happen so quickly after Midnight, once FA season starts--?

Yeah, you have to imagine a lot of backdoor/clandestine talking and negotiating goes on behind closed doors before free agency.

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2016, 06:50:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/28/report-spurs-interested-in-pau-gasol/

Spurs make Gasol a "real priority" this offseason

With them focused on consolation prizes like Gasoline and Conley, I wonder what that means with their Durant pursuit.

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2016, 06:56:36 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I think Barnes at max money is going to be a mistake. He doesn't convinces me. But Philly can afford, so whatever. Glad it won't be OUR mistake.

I agree but I also think it's a shot a team like Philly, et al should take.  He is very young, can still improve, fits a need, and in the exploding cap era could be reasonably priced years from now.

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2016, 07:01:19 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/28/report-spurs-interested-in-pau-gasol/

Spurs make Gasol a "real priority" this offseason

With them focused on consolation prizes like Gasoline and Conley, I wonder what that means with their Durant pursuit.

Unless they expect Gasol to sign at a discount, I don't think there is any way they can afford to sign both Durant and Gasol.