Author Topic: Do we even need to stash anyone?  (Read 2323 times)

Do we even need to stash anyone?
« on: June 25, 2016, 05:08:41 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Keeping it simple.  This is what our roster and depth chart is right now according to minutes and PT from last year,  plus draft position and potential from draftees

PG-Isaiah, Rozier, Jackson
SG-Bradley, Smart, Young, Rj
SF-Crowder, Turner, Brown
PF-Sully, KO, jerebko, Mickey, Yabusele, Bentil
C-Amir, Zeller, Zizic

That's 18 players which I believe we can go into camp with a roster that size, although free agency happens before that.  Turner(unrestricted), Sully, Zeller(right to match), Jerebko, Amir(team options)decisions need to be made on probably in that order, plus whoever we sign.

Stevens typically has been similar to Doc where he plays a larger pool of players and fiddles iwth it as the season goes and then pairs it down to a much smaller size. This past year we were really playing like 6 or 7 guys against atlanta due to injuries. Sully was also basically rendered useless that series.

If we let all 5 guys go and sign 2 and cut either Rj or Young we are at 14 players.  We don't even have to stash anyone.  I feel like we will though?

Re: Do we even need to stash anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 05:12:05 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I forgot Jackson so that's 19 players we have now.  I don't think we necessarily want rookies playing off the bat either but we still don't necessarily have to stash them.  The d-league here is also an option which is the same thing as far as development. So why stash unless its just to not have them count against the roster.

We may have to stash if we want to be active in free agency this year plus keep a guy like Jerebko or Sully or Turner.  Why not just play Brown here though?

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 05:13:04 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Missing Demetrius

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 05:14:24 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Jackson has been inserted at pg after Rozier.  Nader gives us 20 players but no way he makes this team?

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:20:12 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 05:19:38 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Jackson has been inserted at pg after Rozier.  Nader gives us 20 players but no way he makes this team?
Nader has accepted to be put directly on the Red Claws. That's why he picked him, he's not a great talent otherwise.

If I had to guess, I think Sullinger and Zeller are gone, and we're not going to sign both Turner and Jerebko.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 05:20:27 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
removing all options on players and giving those minutes to 2 free agents and Brown plus rookies.

PG-Isaiah, Rozier, Jackson(d-league)
SG-Bradley, Smart, Rj, Young(cut)
SF-Crowder, Brown
PF-Free Agent, KO, Mickey, Yabusele, Bentil(D-league)
C- Free Agent, Zizic

That's 14 total. 12 active.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:26:42 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 05:27:22 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I feel like Yab or Zizic or both are going to be stashed though.  we'll probably keep a couple of our guys plus add a couple new guys and stash both of them.  I just think it sucks if Brown is the only one here and Jackson and Bentil spend the entire year in the d-league, and Zizic and Yabusele overseas. 

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 02:01:11 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I think all three 1st rounders’ play.  Remember Yabusele and Zizic are not 1 and done college mid round picks, they are pros.  Zizic lead his league in rebounds at 19 and all I read about Danny and CBS commenting on Yabusele is that he can play now.  If we cut loose everyone we can the only bigs we have are KO and Mickey, so there are minutes for Yabusele and Zizic even with free agents.  Danny said not that not all 6 rookies would be on the roster.  I’m thinking Brown, Zizic, Yabusele, and Jackson make the roster.

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 09:17:24 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Everything depends on who we sign as free agents.
Hunter and James can go in any case.

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 10:02:03 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sully, Zeller and Young gone will bring us down to 15.  Young can be shelved in Maine, RJ will be too probably.  I think Bentil will surprise some.

If we sign some free agents look for Amir and Jonas to go.

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 10:17:55 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If we do somehow get two max (or near max) FAs, then that will signify the end of Amir and JJ, as we will need their salaries to sign those players. I also would see this as the end of Young since we would be making a hard push for contention and would need the roster spot for another veteran.

Not sure what to think of the four rookies (outside of Brown). Yab and Zizic may spend another year overseas. Bentil and Jackson basically have to fight it out for a spot on the roster, though, since neither is likely to play in Europe.

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 10:25:42 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
It will probably depend on which FAs they sign. They might need those two Euro guys at 16 and 23 if they don't sign anybody up front. Danny is covering all the bases here.

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2016, 10:30:13 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
removing all options on players and giving those minutes to 2 free agents and Brown plus rookies.

PG-Isaiah, Rozier, Jackson(d-league)
SG-Bradley, Smart, Rj, Young(cut)
SF-Crowder, Brown
PF-Free Agent, KO, Mickey, Yabusele, Bentil(D-league)
C- Free Agent, Zizic

That's 14 total. 12 active.

From what I've seen, there might be competition between Jackson and Rozier for a roster spot.
Bentil could beat out KO.  Hunter is shakey.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 11:10:10 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I'd stash them both, at least for next year.

Ideally we add 2 max FA bigs and then we don't need them.

IT / Rozier / Jackson
Bradley / Smart / Hunter
Crowder / Jerebko / Brown
Horford / KO / Bentil
Whiteside / Amir / Mickey

I like Turner, but if we can manage to swap out him, Sully, and Zeller for Horford, Whiteside, and the #3 pick, that's an outstanding haul.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale