Author Topic: Make a Case for KD joining Boston  (Read 6397 times)

Re: Make a Case for KD joining Boston
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2016, 10:19:15 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
There's no case to be made now. We have a lot of money and some probably high draft picks. And the best coach. That won't cut it.

If it didn't cut it Boston wouldn't be one of the six teams invited to talk to him.

He'll listen politely but he won't come here. You'll see. I'm not saying he'll be like "Oh man. If you adjust traded for Noel I would have come here!" That definitely won't happen. But he won't come here.

He's giving us a meeting because he's interested. He probably won't sign here, but this is not just a courtesy meeting. He's not wasting his time on frivolities like that. The notion that he's "just being polite" is insultingly ridiculous, to be frank.
He's not interested. Boston is his fall back if things don't go well and we are being used in order to sweeten the deal where he eventually goes.

That can be said for literally any team he meets with.

You honestly make no sense whatsoever. Do you think Durant views us the same as the other 24 teams that aren't meeting with him? Because that's what you're implying when you say he's not interested in us.

If you do actually think that, then I don't know what to tell you. There is a reason he's meeting with us. He is at least somewhat interested in joining us. Otherwise, we would not have been mentioned in that Woj report.

I really don't see how this is so hard to understand buddy. I know it's still a longshot to have him sign with us, but c'mon. The report LITERALLY says we are one of the teams meeting with him. If a meeting doesn't mean interest, then what point is it serving? Please answer that for me.
He walks into our place and yells "Show me the money!" so we do. Then he goes back to the team he wants to go to and says "Show me the money!" and they do and he says "The Celtics showed me more! You need to get as creative as them!" so then they do and he goes there, where he wanted to go all along.

The Celtics have very little chance in this now, because we don't look like a team dedicated to winning now. We look like a team that would rather draft 19 year olds than trade for something better.

Oh, so THAT'S what it is. I see now. Clearly, getting Noel would be much better. I am sure that Durant would absolutely LOVE to play with Noel much more than playing with Jaylen. Stupid Danny, why didn't you trade for the 22 year old? Instead, you had to pick the 19 year old. smh.

Bevause, you know, Noel would push this team to the ECF, right?
In one situation you look like a team trying to do everything you can to get better. In the other you don't.

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2016, 10:30:00 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Positive Recruiting

Boston is the best City in the USA.

Celtics is NBA's #1 storied franchise and you get to follow Pierce and KG as the next in a long line of Celtic greats.

Boston is close to your home city.

Team is already built for a superstar like you. You are being handed the keys to a team that is built to win for the next 8-10 years. It will be your team, you can choose your Pippen and we have enough to go get him.

The fans are knowledgeable and truly Fantastic. They will worship you if you come. They are hungry for that championship.

You have a chance to play the best and beat the best (LeBron James).

Great coaching. Great front office.

Culture of the team and city fit your personality.

NEGATIVE RECRUITING:

GSW:

Will never be your team. You are immediately subordinate to Curry, Thompson, and Green.

Not enough balls to go around in that system. Curry needs the ball, Thompson needs, the ball, Green needs the ball.

Too far away from home for you. You will be jumping on a bandwagon. Do you really want to deal with Mrs. Curry? Both of them !!!??

You are not a bandwagon player, are you? If they don't win, its your fault!!!

SAN ANTONIO:

Team window is closing due to age.

Are you going to bench Kawahi.

Duncan leaves, Popovich leaves.

By the time Trump is done, city may be on the other side of the border :)

You look better in green.

CLIPPERS

Really?

Lakers own not only the City, but the Arena.

Doc Rivers, really? Bad coach, bad front office. Weak bench. Just cannot win.

Watch your knees.... almost all Clippers superstars in the last 30 years have gone down to serious knee injuries. Danny Manning (twice), Ron Harper, Smith, Brand, Livingston, Griffin. Be very careful about the Clippers.

MIAMI:

Wade is done. Bosh may not be back.

Team is not built to win. It will always be Wade's team until he retires.

Do you really want to follow LeBron's path to fame? Even he left that sinking ship.

OKC:

That team is rebuilding...they let Ibaka go.

Westbrook is already a Laker.. and you know it.  Tough to get out of the West. See what happened to GSW, they were all beat up by the time they faced LeBron.

Come on down to the Celtics, we will keep the lights on for you!!!

Ref: Kendrick Perkins, Avery Bradley, Kevin Garnett, Bill Russell, Jeff Green

Email this quickly to KD and his agent...no time to lose and quit flappin about choices..

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2016, 10:34:01 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
There's no case to be made now. We have a lot of money and some probably high draft picks. And the best coach. That won't cut it.

If it didn't cut it Boston wouldn't be one of the six teams invited to talk to him.

He'll listen politely but he won't come here. You'll see. I'm not saying he'll be like "Oh man. If you adjust traded for Noel I would have come here!" That definitely won't happen. But he won't come here.

He's giving us a meeting because he's interested. He probably won't sign here, but this is not just a courtesy meeting. He's not wasting his time on frivolities like that. The notion that he's "just being polite" is insultingly ridiculous, to be frank.
He's not interested. Boston is his fall back if things don't go well and we are being used in order to sweeten the deal where he eventually goes. I'm not saying we shouldn't try. Just that after this draft we are simply not an organization that is attractive enough.

What does this even mean?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2016, 10:48:36 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
KD is coming to Boston...book it because I hardly see any argument for him to stay in the West coast other than joining GS or Spurs which is silly really because yes he wins with these programs but will it really cement his legacy knowing he has already joined an established team that wasnt and would never be his own in the first place.

Better to create your own legacy and no other team can offer that except OKC and Boston. But OKC has practically given up before the season even started by trading Ibaka for scraps and Westbrook clearly will jump ship next year so no sense staying there.

Boston has the lure of legacy, tradition good management and one superstar away from truly giving the Cavs the boot. KD alone  makes this team 60-65 wins.

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2016, 10:56:38 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Not sure if there's a better place for this, but I just read this and thought it was interesting.

Bill Simmons had an article a few weeks ago on theringer about how Nike is pushing for Durant to leave.  They paid him a lot of money and his sales are stagnant.  There might even be significant financial incentives for him to join a new team as there is always a boost in sales and stature when a story like that happens.  The point of his article was that Steph's rise had really made the war between Nike and Under Armour a thing.

The point I just read, which makes some sense, is that Nike is rumored to be against him joining Golden State, because he'd basically just be playing 2nd fiddle to Under Armour's guy (Steph). 

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2016, 11:12:42 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Not sure if there's a better place for this, but I just read this and thought it was interesting.

Bill Simmons had an article a few weeks ago on theringer about how Nike is pushing for Durant to leave.  They paid him a lot of money and his sales are stagnant.  There might even be significant financial incentives for him to join a new team as there is always a boost in sales and stature when a story like that happens.  The point of his article was that Steph's rise had really made the war between Nike and Under Armour a thing.

The point I just read, which makes some sense, is that Nike is rumored to be against him joining Golden State, because he'd basically just be playing 2nd fiddle to Under Armour's guy (Steph).

That is fantastic news lol

KD has said though that market size doesn't really matter to him, but still, if OKC and GSW are out of the picture, then I think it's a war between SAS and BOS.

The Spurs are unparalleled at replenishing talent with clever late picks. But they can't match the BKN picks, which are likely to be in the top 5 each year.

- LilRip

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2016, 11:15:42 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

He's not interested. Boston is his fall back if things don't go well and we are being used in order to sweeten the deal where he eventually goes.

You honestly make no sense whatsoever. Do you think Durant views us the same as the other 24 teams that aren't meeting with him? Because that's what you're implying when you say he's not interested in us.

If you do actually think that, then I don't know what to tell you. There is a reason he's meeting with us. He is at least somewhat interested in joining us. Otherwise, we would not have been mentioned in that Woj report.

I really don't see how this is so hard to understand buddy. I know it's still a longshot to have him sign with us, but c'mon. The report LITERALLY says we are one of the teams meeting with him. If a meeting doesn't mean interest, then what point is it serving? Please answer that for me.
He walks into our place and yells "Show me the money!" so we do. Then he goes back to the team he wants to go to and says "Show me the money!" and they do and he says "The Celtics showed me more! You need to get as creative as them!" so then they do and he goes there, where he wanted to go all along.

The Celtics have very little chance in this now, because we don't look like a team dedicated to winning now. We look like a team that would rather draft 19 year olds than trade for something better.

Oh, so THAT'S what it is. I see now. Clearly, getting Noel would be much better. I am sure that Durant would absolutely LOVE to play with Noel much more than playing with Jaylen. Stupid Danny, why didn't you trade for the 22 year old? Instead, you had to pick the 19 year old. smh.

In one situation you look like a team trying to do everything you can to get better. In the other you don't.

Except it's pretty clear (at least in my eyes) that you aren't trying to get better with that Noel deal. You're making a trade for the SOLE purpose of making a trade, thus pleasing you, CoachBo, and the many other Danny-haters that have been making somewhat ridiculous claims and attacks endlessly since the draft had just begun.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2016, 11:19:07 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Durant is getting the max this summer.  There's literally no way for him to get more money except by staying in OKC (and even then it's not that much more each year)

This is some pretty ridiculous mental gymnastics
Oh you think money is the only thing teams offer players? Interesting.

Okay, I'll bite.  What are the other things that they can offer?  Roster changes don't really make sense, since all 6 teams in the running have totally different rosters.  Endorsements are literally against the rules for teams to offer (as are any other types of compensation).

Do you think there's something else there, because it really seems like you're grasping at straws
I'm bitter.

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2016, 02:28:58 AM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

Well, I do need a new pair of sneaks for shooting around in the gym, blowing off steam after work. If Durant signs with us, of course I'll buy a pair of his green sneaks. Same probably applies to 1,000,000+ other Celtics fans  :P

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2016, 02:46:06 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Except it's pretty clear (at least in my eyes) that you aren't trying to get better with that Noel deal. You're making a trade for the SOLE purpose of making a trade, thus pleasing you, CoachBo, and the many other Danny-haters that have been making somewhat ridiculous claims and attacks endlessly since the draft had just begun.
Noel or Okafor would have been starters. Now. Today. Not three years from now maybe. At a position of need. What a stupid thing to say.

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2016, 02:48:05 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Durant is getting the max this summer.  There's literally no way for him to get more money except by staying in OKC (and even then it's not that much more each year)

This is some pretty ridiculous mental gymnastics
Oh you think money is the only thing teams offer players? Interesting.

Okay, I'll bite.  What are the other things that they can offer?  Roster changes don't really make sense, since all 6 teams in the running have totally different rosters.  Endorsements are literally against the rules for teams to offer (as are any other types of compensation).

Do you think there's something else there, because it really seems like you're grasping at straws
There will be multiple things that will get floated to agents and players. This is why players end up with various front office positions and ownership stakes. There will be shoe money that gets considered. There will be things.