Author Topic: Make a Case for KD joining Boston  (Read 6448 times)

Re: Make a Case for KD joining Boston
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 06:53:18 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
1. Guaranteed ticket to the conference finals right away. Get out of the West. Flexible roster with lots of complementary guys on value contracts.
2. Can add another max FA either this year or next.
3. Sustained success. All key players are younger. Smart, Brown, and two further Nets picks. Outstanding coaching. Smart management. Ownership willing to pay the tax.
5. Historic franchise and passionate fanbase.

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 06:57:51 PM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
There's no case to be made now. We have a lot of money and some probably high draft picks. And the best coach. That won't cut it.
Boston would be my landing spot for sure.

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 07:01:30 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
KD seems like a smart guy. I think you go through a good deal of analytics and projection systems, showing him how great we'd be with him (and Al Horford). I think you show him how good of a chance we have at a title with him. After you show him the numbers, the evidence, you appeal to his ego, his appreciation of history and legacy; you let him sit down and chat with Bill Russell for a while.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 07:13:26 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 07:16:45 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
The only selling point Boston has vs the other 5 contenders is Durant being from the East Coast.
Im sure he shoveled snow in Maryland.

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 07:21:28 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Hey KD.

I hear you're looking into the Celtics. Good choice. Our team is the optimal landing spot for your near future and distant future. If your goal is money, fame, winning, or a lasting legacy, by all of these metrics, Boston is the team for you.

Our young team of overachievers has fantastic locker room chemistry and no ego problems (ala Westbrook, Draymond, Curry). Our players are hard working, young, driven, and players other players like playing with (Avery Bradley). Our perimeter defense is set for years to come with young studs like Marcus Smart, Jae Crowder, and Jaylen Brown. We have the cap space to go after anyone you want and the assets to get trades done. Brad Stevens' is some kind of wizard when it comes to placing his players in situations where they can succeed. I know that you've already earned some level of success with OKC, but wouldn't it be nice to be in a situation where your team and your coach made that success easier, rather than being a force that worked against you? Aren't you tired of a team management that consistantly trades away your friends (Ibaka and Harden)?

You love the game of basketball, and I am sure you are aware of the lofty tradition behind the hallowed halls of the Boston Garden. The Celtics are where great players go to solidify their legacy (just ask KG). Sure, OKC can offer you more money in the short term, but if you were to go to Boston you would be utterly immortalized. You would belong to the cannon of basketball saints in green. You would be mentioned in the same breath as some of the best basketball players who ever lived. Solidifying your legacy means solidifying your continued paychecks (after your time in the league). There's a reason Larry Bird and Michael Jordan own their own teams, and that reason isn't because they chose a 5 year contract over a 4 year contract. Boston is an investment, and, for you, an investment well worth making.

Sure you could go to Golden State, and be in a position to win a championship or two, but that team is already at the top, and what comes up ultimately declines. Sure you could stick with OKC, but at some point, doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is madness. Winning in Boston won't be easy. It will still take work and some time, but it is always better to hitch your wagon to an up and coming team rather than hop on after another team has already reached it's apex.

Win in Boston and you will be loved forever. We are in a position where we can make the leap to contention, if you make the leap of faith to us. Let's win some championships together.

PS: We'll tell Marcus to tone it down during practice when he's guarding you. (-;

"I'm sold. Where do I sign my name?" -Kevin Durant ;D 8)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 07:24:00 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
KD seems like a smart guy. I think you go through a good deal of analytics and projection systems, showing him how great we'd be with him (and Al Horford). I think you show him how good of a chance we have at a title with him. After you show him the numbers, the evidence, you appeal to his ego, his appreciation of history and legacy; you let him sit down and chat with Bill Russell for a while.

Durant is also takes his faith quite seriously. I wonder if this is a way for him and DA to bond.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2016, 07:24:25 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
There's no case to be made now. We have a lot of money and some probably high draft picks. And the best coach. That won't cut it.

If it didn't cut it Boston wouldn't be one of the six teams invited to talk to him.

He'll listen politely but he won't come here. You'll see. I'm not saying he'll be like "Oh man. If you adjust traded for Noel I would have come here!" That definitely won't happen. But he won't come here.

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2016, 07:31:21 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Positive Recruiting

Boston is the best City in the USA.

Celtics is NBA's #1 storied franchise and you get to follow Pierce and KG as the next in a long line of Celtic greats.

Boston is close to your home city.

Team is already built for a superstar like you. You are being handed the keys to a team that is built to win for the next 8-10 years. It will be your team, you can choose your Pippen and we have enough to go get him.

The fans are knowledgeable and truly Fantastic. They will worship you if you come. They are hungry for that championship.

You have a chance to play the best and beat the best (LeBron James).

Great coaching. Great front office.

Culture of the team and city fit your personality.

NEGATIVE RECRUITING:

GSW:

Will never be your team. You are immediately subordinate to Curry, Thompson, and Green.

Not enough balls to go around in that system. Curry needs the ball, Thompson needs, the ball, Green needs the ball.

Too far away from home for you. You will be jumping on a bandwagon. Do you really want to deal with Mrs. Curry? Both of them !!!??

You are not a bandwagon player, are you? If they don't win, its your fault!!!

SAN ANTONIO:

Team window is closing due to age.

Are you going to bench Kawahi.

Duncan leaves, Popovich leaves.

By the time Trump is done, city may be on the other side of the border :)

You look better in green.

CLIPPERS

Really?

Lakers own not only the City, but the Arena.

Doc Rivers, really? Bad coach, bad front office. Weak bench. Just cannot win.

Watch your knees.... almost all Clippers superstars in the last 30 years have gone down to serious knee injuries. Danny Manning (twice), Ron Harper, Smith, Brand, Livingston, Griffin. Be very careful about the Clippers.

MIAMI:

Wade is done. Bosh may not be back.

Team is not built to win. It will always be Wade's team until he retires.

Do you really want to follow LeBron's path to fame? Even he left that sinking ship.

OKC:

That team is rebuilding...they let Ibaka go.

Westbrook is already a Laker.. and you know it.  Tough to get out of the West. See what happened to GSW, they were all beat up by the time they faced LeBron.

Come on down to the Celtics, we will keep the lights on for you!!!

Ref: Kendrick Perkins, Avery Bradley, Kevin Garnett, Bill Russell, Jeff Green

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 07:38:04 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

If it didn't cut it Boston wouldn't be one of the six teams invited to talk to him.

He'll listen politely but he won't come here. You'll see. I'm not saying he'll be like "Oh man. If you adjust traded for Noel I would have come here!" That definitely won't happen. But he won't come here.

He's giving us a meeting because he's interested. He probably won't sign here, but this is not just a courtesy meeting. He's not wasting his time on frivolities like that. The notion that he's "just being polite" is insultingly ridiculous, to be frank.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 07:40:27 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

But they don't have Boston sports fans. Look at the way that the city rallied around Tom Brady after Deflategate. Hell, we were so passionate that the freakin' commissioner of the league couldn't come to the opening game because he feared for his safety (Okay, maybe we shouldn't brag about that.).

Look dude, there's a reason that the American Revolution started in Boston. Don't you want us at your back, that passion, that fire? Because you sure as hell don't want to be against us. Choose wisely, my friend.

Mike

Lol. I didn't believe there was a snowballs chance... but if somehow this message can be delivered to him (esp last paragraph), I have no doubt KD will be a Celtic.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 07:43:10 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Why be polite. Why even listen if he wasn't interested. Jackson told Rose he was going go get KD and so far they haven't been brought in, and it's happening right down the street from them!

Boston has a shot like every one else. Do I think he will come? No, do I hope? Yes, but I think he may stay in OKC at least a year. But SA is full at the 3,4 spot. GSW has to let players go for his salary, they have maybe 20 right now to spend to Bostons 56. 

Plus I also pointed out that they would have a really cost controlled core and still could bring in more guys.

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 07:45:40 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Positive Recruiting

Boston is the best City in the USA.

Celtics is NBA's #1 storied franchise and you get to follow Pierce and KG as the next in a long line of Celtic greats.

Boston is close to your home city.

Team is already built for a superstar like you. You are being handed the keys to a team that is built to win for the next 8-10 years. It will be your team, you can choose your Pippen and we have enough to go get him.

The fans are knowledgeable and truly Fantastic. They will worship you if you come. They are hungry for that championship.

You have a chance to play the best and beat the best (LeBron James).

Great coaching. Great front office.

Culture of the team and city fit your personality.

NEGATIVE RECRUITING:

GSW:

Will never be your team. You are immediately subordinate to Curry, Thompson, and Green.

Not enough balls to go around in that system. Curry needs the ball, Thompson needs, the ball, Green needs the ball.

Too far away from home for you. You will be jumping on a bandwagon. Do you really want to deal with Mrs. Curry? Both of them !!!??

You are not a bandwagon player, are you? If they don't win, its your fault!!!

SAN ANTONIO:

Team window is closing due to age.

Are you going to bench Kawahi.

Duncan leaves, Popovich leaves.

By the time Trump is done, city may be on the other side of the border :)

You look better in green.

CLIPPERS

Really?

Lakers own not only the City, but the Arena.

Doc Rivers, really? Bad coach, bad front office. Weak bench. Just cannot win.

Watch your knees.... almost all Clippers superstars in the last 30 years have gone down to serious knee injuries. Danny Manning (twice), Ron Harper, Smith, Brand, Livingston, Griffin. Be very careful about the Clippers.

MIAMI:

Wade is done. Bosh may not be back.

Team is not built to win. It will always be Wade's team until he retires.

Do you really want to follow LeBron's path to fame? Even he left that sinking ship.

OKC:

That team is rebuilding...they let Ibaka go.

Westbrook is already a Laker.. and you know it.  Tough to get out of the West. See what happened to GSW, they were all beat up by the time they faced LeBron.

Come on down to the Celtics, we will keep the lights on for you!!!

Ref: Kendrick Perkins, Avery Bradley, Kevin Garnett, Bill Russell, Jeff Green

Kawahi is more than capable of playing the 2. He has the lateral quickness, speed and shooting ability to do so. Am also sure KD would welcome Kawahi taking the Lebrons/Melos defensive assignment of his hands. KD and Kawahi would be a nasty combo. Not happening tho

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 07:49:29 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
What I want to know who besides DA and Stevens goes into the meeting? Can players go? Current players I'd have IT and Crowder. Former, Scal,Tommy(if he can't for travel reasons, Mike (because he's seen a lot up close).

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2016, 08:09:13 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Listen KD! You know we got the squad of ultimate defensive hustling role players.  Its obvious we lack Offense but thats where you get to shine with whoever you want playing by your side. You know the vets will come  following as well for cap friendlyy contracts.

We didn't do no drastic trades as bad as out fans want us. Between you and IT, im sure Boggie will be in some talks if you invest a year in us.

IF  YOUR NOT READY TO FULLY CONSIDER US, maybe the best move is to resign one year with the thunder, see how the salary cap and player movement  shifts in your favor as we have the ammo to get  almost anyone in need of change. If Jaylen pans out amazing, him and the Nets 2017 picks be lethal trade ammunition. IF your willing to let us build around you for a year. We will turn you immortal!