Author Topic: To those criticizing Ainge  (Read 11892 times)

Re: To those criticizing Ainge
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2016, 06:37:35 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Leave it to LarBrd to make a long post telling people what they want to hear.

Now watch him make 100 posts telling us how much better Philly's assets are than ours, and when people call him out on it, he'll point them to threads like these.
I thought Philly had a pretty intriguing situation.  I still think they are super intriguing.  I'll be curious to see how Embiid plays.  Curious to see how Simmons plays.  Curious to see what they do with their wealth of bigs.  Curious to see if they open up their pocketbooks to add some much needed vets.   Personally, I hope they fail.  But I still strongly believe people are wrong when they dismiss Philly's future.

I've been off the tank bandwagon for Boston going back two seasons ago when we made our overachieving playoff run.  I believed in Stevens and felt we needed to have momentum to keep him on board.   The emergence of Crowder, Bradley and Thomas last season changed our situation substantially for us.  Above all things, the fact that Brooklyn went from perennial playoff participant to bottom 3 team transformed the ceiling for our future.   I've been saying for months that this is a perfect storm of events that gives our offseason unlimited potential.  Signing Durant is a real possibility.  We have a ton of things going for us.   We continue to have tons of flexibility and I'm sure we have lots of options.   It will be fun to see how rapidly things come together.   

When everyone else was saying we needed to jump quick at overpaying for a star, I was one of the only people here saying it made a lot more sense to wait until after we met face to face with Durant.  I'm glad that's what's happening.   On Friday, we can lay out our options, Durant can give us a sense of what he wants and what we need to do to secure his loyalty... and then let's make our moves either with or without Durant on board.  But waiting makes by far the most sense.

Really?  You've been on the bandwagon that long?

(Fake quotes removed)

Anyway, welcome to the bandwagon!  We have plenty of room for you here, but please don't say you got on earlier than you did.
I never said any of this. 

Last offseason, I predicted 45 wins.

My god you're full of it.  I take it back.  Get the heck off the Celtics bandwagon and go somewhere else.  Don't you dare accuse me of lying -- you should be kicked off the board for that crap.  Seriously, go away.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=78670.msg1901729#msg1901729
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=79369.msg1916790#msg1916790

Again, just go away.

Also., as a reminder, when you edit a post this long after posting it, it shows that you've edited it.  So don't try to scrub history.

« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2016, 06:41:12 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Now watch him make 100 posts telling us how much better Philly's assets are than ours, and when people call him out on it, he'll point them to threads like these.
I thought Philly had a pretty intriguing situation.  I still think they are super intriguing.  I'll be curious to see how Embiid plays.  Curious to see how Simmons plays.  Curious to see what they do with their wealth of bigs.  Curious to see if they open up their pocketbooks to add some much needed vets.   Personally, I hope they fail.  But I still strongly believe people are wrong when they dismiss Philly's future.

I've been off the tank bandwagon for Boston going back two seasons ago when we made our overachieving playoff run.  I believed in Stevens and felt we needed to have momentum to keep him on board.   The emergence of Crowder, Bradley and Thomas last season changed our situation substantially for us.  Above all things, the fact that Brooklyn went from perennial playoff participant to bottom 3 team transformed the ceiling for our future.   I've been saying for months that this is a perfect storm of events that gives our offseason unlimited potential.  Signing Durant is a real possibility.  We have a ton of things going for us.   We continue to have tons of flexibility and I'm sure we have lots of options.   It will be fun to see how rapidly things come together.   

When everyone else was saying we needed to jump quick at overpaying for a star, I was one of the only people here saying it made a lot more sense to wait until after we met face to face with Durant.  I'm glad that's what's happening.   On Friday, we can lay out our options, Durant can give us a sense of what he wants and what we need to do to secure his loyalty... and then let's make our moves either with or without Durant on board.  But waiting makes by far the most sense.

(Fake quotes removed)

Anyway, welcome to the bandwagon!  We have plenty of room for you here, but please don't say you got on earlier than you did.

My god you're full of it.  I take it back. 

Fact:  I said in October that the Celtics would win 45 games:

I'm a pessimist and even I buy into the advanced metric koolaid that we're winning 45+ this year

Direct quote from me.  My opinion of the team changed when we filled one of our greatest needs (interior defense) with Amir Johnson.  Prior to that, there was a media narrative that Boston overachieved with a group of "6th men". 

The rest of the stuff you linked to wasn't from me.  My account was hacked.  Probably the same people who hacked D'Angelo Russell's instagram, I bet.   I'm not going to be held responsible for quotes hackers said in my name.  If you have a problem with something they said, take it up with nicki minaj's friends who go around hacking people's accounts. 

In the meantime, let's just get excited about this upcoming Celtic offseason and spend less time dredging up negativity. 

« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2016, 06:50:00 PM »

Offline tomrod

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 26
Brown has to be a good player, therer's gonna be a star that was picked behind him, so he was to be at least close to one. The more I watch the more he looks like Jeff Green  :-\

« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2016, 06:50:27 PM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78

(Fake quotes removed)

I'm a pessimist and even I buy into the advanced metric koolaid that we're winning 45+ this year

Direct quote from me.  My opinion of the team changed when we filled one of our greatest needs (interior defense) with Amir Johnson.  Prior to that, there was a media narrative that Boston overachieved with a group of "6th men". 

The rest of the stuff you linked to wasn't from me.  My account was hacked.  Probably the same people who hacked D'Angelo Russell's instagram, I bet.   I'm not going to be held responsible for quotes hackers said in my name.  If you have a problem with something they said, take it up with nicki minaj's friends who go around hacking people's accounts. 

In the meantime, let's just get excited about this upcoming Celtic offseason and spend less time dredging up negativity.

« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2016, 06:53:42 PM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
I am waiting for the offseason to end before I praise or criticize Ainge.

If our only move in free agency is another Amir-like signing, if we do not even come close to signing Durant or Howard (either one makes us a 55-60 win team), I am going to be disappointed. However, it will mean we are taking the patience approach, which might pay off in 2-3 years.

« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2016, 06:54:14 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Since the Bulls Dynasty ended in 1998 we have 18 championships,

Spurs  5
Lakers 5
Heat   3
Warriors  1
Mavericks  1
Pistons  1
Cavaliers  1
CELTICS   1

How do you figure Ainge is the Best GM ? You could argue Garnett and Company should have won a few more rings especially if Ainge had a better grip on the salary Cap.
Ainge was left at the Altar in the 2012 Playoffs because he failed to build a bench.
Same in 2010 when Perkins went down. Where was the backup Center? RWallace? please..

Lets not put this GM in the hall of Fame yet..

Why are you starting with 1998, when Ainge was hired in 2003?  And considering the rosters each team had at the time?  I don't necessarily think Ainge is the best GM (that's clearly RC Buford), but this reasoning doesn't make much sense
I'm bitter.

« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2016, 07:07:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

(Fake quotes removed)

Direct quote from me.

Bullhonky.  Your account was hacked?  Oh, I'm sure.  You're such an important person that for months someone posted as you, just to ruin your internet name?  And you didn't even notice that this was going on to change your password?

Yeah man. I didn't notice, because I typically don't read what other people write and I sure as heck don't keep a journal on other people's opinions... So I had no idea my account was compromised. 

My account was wicked secure too.  My password was "iloveHinkie". No idea how they figured that out.

But I'm not going to address this any further.  I feel like the more attention we give it, it just gives Nicki Minaj and her team of hackers what they want.  It was either them or North Korea, actually.  Not totally sure.  Sony, D'Angelo and myself all went down at the same time.  They targetted high profile types.   

I'm moving on.   Me and D'Angelo Russell are taking the high road.

Looking forward to us signing Durant this month.  That's my focus.

« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2016, 07:09:51 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
For those who can't stay on topic and have to make it about their feelings of another poster, this is my last warning.   I see it, I suspend it.

« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2016, 07:11:56 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Ainge has made terrible decisions in the last couple of years via the draft and ya know he's not making attempts to really get guys.  When I see Tobias Harris gettin picked up and we miss out but attempt to sign javale McGee.  I have to question Danny's thinking. When we needed a SF last year, we pick a point guard.  We trade up for jelly olynyk and let gorgi deng go even though we need a rebounder.

His trading has been decent but now it's caught up with him.  He no longer has stars to attach to the picks to move them and GM's aren't interested in ainge and his cat and mouse games.  Teams are trying to get better.  Ainge and whc just wanna save some [dang] money.

« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2016, 07:14:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Ainge has made terrible decisions in the last couple of years via the draft and ya know he's not making attempts to really get guys.  When I see Tobias Harris gettin picked up and we miss out but attempt to sign javale McGee.  I have to question Danny's thinking. When we needed a SF last year, we pick a point guard.  We trade up for jelly olynyk and let gorgi deng go even though we need a rebounder.

His trading has been decent but now it's caught up with him.  He no longer has stars to attach to the picks to move them and GM's aren't interested in ainge and his cat and mouse games.  Teams are trying to get better.  Ainge and whc just wanna save some [dang] money.

The way I see it, we are one of 6 finalists to land Durant.  That's a position we arguably wouldn't be in had we brought in a contract like Tobias Harris.   So I understand the disappointment, but ainge clearly aims high and he's done everything he can to put this team in position to make a leap to a contender.   Let's at least wait to see if he fails before claiming he failed.

« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2016, 07:38:57 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

The way I see it, we are one of 6 finalists to land Durant.  That's a position we arguably wouldn't be in had we brought in a contract like Tobias Harris.   So I understand the disappointment, but ainge clearly aims high and he's done everything he can to put this team in position to make a leap to a contender.   Let's at least wait to see if he fails before claiming he failed.

But that's part of my issue with ainge. How many years of rumor threads do we have to go through of Love to Boston or horford top spot for Celtics, etc, etc. before ainge makes a move.  Is it fair of ainge to let the fan base wait and wait for that superstar to come in while he scoffs at guys that could help us.  All the fa base has talked about is that if we have X,y players then z will come.  Now they'll come because we have money?  Big deal so does a lot of other teams and more will next year.  I remember the disappointment when the pacers took...david west out from under us.  There is no guarantee so why put all your hopes into what might not be.  Take advantage of opportunity before it's too late.  I think ainge got bit in the ass this year in that very scenario...waiting too long.  Which leads me back to one of my points.  The front office wants to save money.

« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2016, 07:43:52 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Some people here are obsessed with LarBrd33 lol smh
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2016, 08:11:09 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Anyone upset with Ainge needs to clam down and be patient
We are in the process and next summer will be the true key for fireworks

« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2016, 08:17:37 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

But that's part of my issue with ainge. How many years of rumor threads do we have to go through of Love to Boston or horford top spot for Celtics, etc, etc. before ainge makes a move.  Is it fair of ainge to let the fan base wait and wait for that superstar to come in while he scoffs at guys that could help us.  All the fa base has talked about is that if we have X,y players then z will come.  Now they'll come because we have money?  Big deal so does a lot of other teams and more will next year.  I remember the disappointment when the pacers took...david west out from under us.  There is no guarantee so why put all your hopes into what might not be.  Take advantage of opportunity before it's too late.  I think ainge got bit in the ass this year in that very scenario...waiting too long.  Which leads me back to one of my points.  The front office wants to save money.

I said this earlier, and I think it's just as relevant now here:

In the three years since trading away KG and Pierce, Ainge has dealt Rondo for Jae Crowder (a legit starter), a first rounder, and two seconds (via Brendan Wright - one was used to help get the Clippers' first rounder).  He also used a trade exception to get Thornton and a first from the Cavs, then turned around and sent that to the Suns for Isaiah Thomas (an all star).  He resigned AB (a two-time all defensive teamer) and Crowder (a very good SF) to bargain deals.  He's drafted some decent players, but it has yet to be seen how most of the picks play out.

Most importantly, though, he hasn't ***ed it all up.  He had his chances (and people calling for it to happen).  He could have sold the farm for Love.  He could have maxed out Rondo.  He could have sent the best pick we've had in decades for 1 year of Nerlens Noel.  None of them would have been good long term moves.

People say to wait until the next major league event because the real advice, "Be patient, and wait for the right opportunity" is going to be lost on a lot of people.  Top players don't become available very often, and blowing your load on a mediocre one (like Love or Butler) isn't a good way to build a contender.  If you want to win championships, you have to make the right moves, not make a trade just for the sake of making a trade or sacrificing flexibility just to make fans a little happier short term. 

No one can make you (or anyone else) be patient and wait for the right opportunity to come along. I'm glad Ainge isn't being pressured by some impatient fans to make a bad long term move just for some short term happiness.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2016, 09:47:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
TP Jim