Author Topic: Celtics Summer League  (Read 3156 times)

Celtics Summer League
« on: June 25, 2016, 12:55:16 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
What are the rules for stashed players in regards to summer league play? Do they play summer league first then make the decision or vise versa?

Re: Celtics Summer League
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 01:24:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
What are the rules for stashed players in regards to summer league play? Do they play summer league first then make the decision or vise versa?

Anyone?

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 01:32:13 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
They can play in the summer league. There's no restriction one way or another as far as I'm concerned.

But usually players play SL first and then decide as far as I'm aware.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 01:33:04 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
thorton played in SL last year correct?

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 01:35:47 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Generally, players that will be stashed play in summer league (like Iverson or Thornton) if they don't have a contract.  If they have a contract and already know they'll be continuing to play on that contract (like Saric or Mirotic) they won't.  Most likely, Zizic will play while Yabu won't, but it is really between Tham and Ainge
I'm bitter.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 03:28:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Generally, players that will be stashed play in summer league (like Iverson or Thornton) if they don't have a contract.  If they have a contract and already know they'll be continuing to play on that contract (like Saric or Mirotic) they won't.  Most likely, Zizic will play while Yabu won't, but it is really between Tham and Ainge

Just have all of them play , kill each other/compete then make it easy for Ainge to decide as to who is traded/stays/stashed

Nader has already agreed to sign and play in the D league.  Yabu says he is open to go back for another year but his agent might talk him out of it or override his decision and persist for the Celts to keep him

I think outside of Brown,  there is a chance that the rest of the picks Yabu, Zizic, Jackson, Bentil can make the lineup.  As long as they play very well at SL play.  But this then would mean two of Young, Hunter, Rozier have to go.

SL roster

Bench
Zizic
Mickey
Brown
Hunter
Rozier

Bench
Bentil
Yabu
Nader
Thornton
Jackson

These are the 10 that should be getting all the mins.  Yeah pick up a few undrafted players/old time prospects if you want.   This is a stacked SL roster. No excuse not to win it all boys

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 05:49:35 PM »

Offline Coast2Coast

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
A Line of : Rozier, Brown, Yabu,Mickey, and Bentil would be fun to watch. 

Speed, size/length (though lacking in height), and shooting/scoring ability.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 09:29:30 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Just have all of them play , kill each other/compete then make it easy for Ainge to decide as to who is traded/stays/stashed

Nader has already agreed to sign and play in the D league.  Yabu says he is open to go back for another year but his agent might talk him out of it or override his decision and persist for the Celts to keep him

I think outside of Brown,  there is a chance that the rest of the picks Yabu, Zizic, Jackson, Bentil can make the lineup.  As long as they play very well at SL play.  But this then would mean two of Young, Hunter, Rozier have to go.

SL roster

Bench
Zizic
Mickey
Brown
Hunter
Rozier

Bench
Bentil
Yabu
Nader
Thornton
Jackson

These are the 10 that should be getting all the mins.  Yeah pick up a few undrafted players/old time prospects if you want.   This is a stacked SL roster. No excuse not to win it all boys
This, except Rozier has some trade value right now for teams looking for a backup PG so maybe DA makes a move, which leaves Young and Hunter in trouble. I doubt Thornton makes the team.

All in all, I am very excited for SL games.

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 09:56:45 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Excited for SL too. When's it start?

Also, would Smart play in SL? I wouldn't mind seeing him run the point more.
- LilRip

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 10:03:27 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

We are finally getting some athletes.

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 10:08:05 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

We are finally getting some athletes.

Good point. For a long time we have had skilled players who were too small for their positions.

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 10:10:50 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Third year players can play, but it's rare.  In most cases, the type that play in their third year are end-of-the-bench or long-term project guys.  I'd expect to see Young, but not Smart
I'm bitter.

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2016, 11:25:21 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

Third year players can play, but it's rare.  In most cases, the type that play in their third year are end-of-the-bench or long-term project guys.  I'd expect to see Young, but not Smart

Ah bummer. Oh well, at least he won't be injuring himself in meaningless summer games anymore. TP for the info

- LilRip