Author Topic: Does Durant + Horford Actually Make Us Contenders?  (Read 5822 times)

Re: Does Durant + Horford Actually Make Us Contenders?
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2016, 08:28:38 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Obviously they would make us a lot better than what we have right now, and probably gets us 55-60 wins next season.

But I still feel that would not be a legitimate contender and there would still be a missing piece. And after signing both to max-contracts we won't have any more $$$ to sign anyone else significant (even just a bench scorer or rotation player). I don't know, that's just what I feel.

Also is Horford really that good? I would rather get Whiteside instead of Horford. I understand Horford is on Durant's list of players he wants to play with, but not sure if Horford+Durant make us instant contenders. What do you guys think?

The answer to your thread question is obviously:  yes.

I think adding Horford would lock us in to 50+ wins.  We definitely have a need for another strong defensive big, but one who can be consistent offensively.  He is a perfect fit.

With just Horford I think the team can be 2nd in the East.  Then who knows?  Maybe Cleveland doesn't run it back.  Lebron isn't getting younger.

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2016, 08:41:37 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Roster would be

It              smart
Ab.           Brown
Duran .    Crowder
Ko               jerebko/mickey
Horford.   Amir

Really nice roster, probably need to add a sharp shooter and big man off the bench.

Trade chips to add another piece would be smart, brown, brk  17 and 18

Plus more cap space next year to add another max .

Dudley, Pau?

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2016, 09:03:59 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
The more I think about it the more I think it makes us contenders.  We would be able to add two nice pieces without trading assets.  KD would be our obvious number one and I think IT would be two and Horford three.  Add to that our solid supporting cast that is already in place and we are looking really good.

IT, Bradley, Durant, Horford, Mickey (Al doesn't want to play the five if I remember correctly and Jordan would give us rim protection)

A bench unit made up of Crowder, Smart, Brown, KO and anyone else who cracks the rotation.  Not a bad team at all.

I left out Amir and JJ as I think we would have to let them go to afford two guys, and I also didn't include Sully and ET as we might not have room for them either.

« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2016, 10:33:32 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Sure they would be contenders with KD and Horford. The media would give them the kiss of death.  :laugh:

« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2016, 10:42:02 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Horford is not close to a max player at this stage of his career. Giving him a long-term max deal will be an unmitigated disaster, whether or not we get Durant.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2016, 10:49:42 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Of course they does. Those two plus our current roster. You get great scorer in KD and versatile big man in AH. We get from 48 to 55-60 wins in a season and that is contender teritory...