Poll

If Durant Agreed to Join Us If We Traded for Love, Would You If It Meant Parting With the Two Remaining Brooklyn Picks?

Yes
17 (68%)
No
8 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Hypothetical: If Durant Agreed to Join Us If We Traded for Love, Would You?  (Read 2747 times)

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Durant and Love are childhood friends dating back to the seventh grade. If Durant agreed to join the Celtics if we obtained Love in a trade, would you do it even if it meant parting with our two Brooklyn picks (that is, Cleveland may part with Love for two top picks since it would free up cap space to bring in a top free agent while providing them with a future lifeline, or we may have to do a three-way trade)?

Let's assume we get to keep Thomas, Bradley, Smart, Crowder, Olynyk and Jerebko, so Durant and Love have the depth they need (the big question: is Zizic ready to be our defensive rim protector?)

Plenty of depth in the backcourt and wing, but not so much depth in our front court:

1: Thomas, Rozier, Jackson
2: Bradley, Smart, Hunter
3: Durant, Crowder, Brown
4: Love, Jerebko, Yabusele, Mickey
5: Zizic, Olynyk

With regards to Bentil, Nader and Young, we're looking at stashes, cuts or trades. Perhaps we stash Yabusele or move Hunter if we can find enough cap space to sign a solid defensive center.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:31:27 AM by meangreenmachine »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Those two picks would be a drastic overpayment for Love, but I would trade them for a punch in the nuts if it meant getting Durant.

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Absolutely. Heck, if Durant wanted us to sign his mom, the real MVP, to a 10-day contract, I'd do it.
- LilRip

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Am i correct that if we traded our 2 non-guaranteed contracts  (JJ and AJ) that Cleveland could not pick up their salaries and then have a good chunk to spend.  Maybe bring in Derozen or Horford. 

Pipedreams are nice dreams.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Of course. Whatever Durant wants to sign on board, Durant gets. Do it.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I posted a thread about players that Durant would want to play for, and I honestly believe Love is at least at the top of the list.

They have been close friends way before Love and Westbrook became good ones too at UCLA, and the crazy thing is Durant and Love just fit well next to each other.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Yes. No brainer.
Celtics fan for life.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Of Course, but you really think Durant was watching the finals and saying I want to play with that guy?   I don't.

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Unequivocally yes

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Those two picks would be a drastic overpayment for Love, but I would trade them for a punch in the nuts if it meant getting Durant.

One caveat - Durant signs more than a 1+1.  If we mortgage our future he best not be a rental.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Of Course, but you really think Durant was watching the finals and saying I want to play with that guy?   I don't.

Bingo

Cavs did not need Love , they needed a healthy Irving to finish GS .  25 other players could have pulled Loves weight.

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

One caveat - Durant signs more than a 1+1.  If we mortgage our future he best not be a rental.

You would have to take that chance.

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Had to see if anyone said "no" so I could remember to never take them seriously again.

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Definitely not only because I strongly believe Bradley would be gone in the deal and I think the trade while improving BOTH teams would widen the gap between us in the cavs. Cavs really lose a player they were better off without ( having Tristan Thompson) and just add the best guard defender in the nba. No way.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Of course. Whatever Durant wants to sign on board, Durant gets. Do it.

Exactly. If he wanted to wear the #33, you let him. ;). Whatever it takes.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 04:50:09 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes