Author Topic: Imagine a lineup of Smart, Brown, Crowder and Durant  (Read 1298 times)

Imagine a lineup of Smart, Brown, Crowder and Durant
« on: June 25, 2016, 03:50:17 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
This is just a hypothetical situation, although its not bad to dream about it.

I'm wondering how would this lineup work if these guys played at the same time. Man, that gotta be the biggest and most suffocating lineup in the league. All of them are versatile defenders. While Durant is not an All-NBA defender, he is not too shabby on that category either. Then add legit rim protector (probably Zizic or some FA).

In cue of pessimist of Durant's possibility, this is just a hypothesis. Whether you want to get excited about signing Durant or not is up to you.

Re: Imagine a lineup of Smart, Brown, Crowder and Durant
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 04:54:17 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
In hypothetical circumstances our 'standard' rotation would look like this I think:

Horford/FA/Zizic
Olynyk/Mickey/Bentil
Durant/Crowder/FA
Bradley/Brown/Hunter
Thomas/Smart/Rozier

Those FA spots would be filled with vet min not draftees as they can't contribute straight away, I'd say rest of the drafted players would be stashed and Young would be cast aside.

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 06:31:09 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Not enough shooting or dribble penetration in the backcourt.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 06:58:51 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
In cue of pessimist of Durant's possibility, this is just a hypothesis. Whether you want to get excited about signing Durant or not is up to you.

Hypothesis, have their basis in facts and science.   This is pure fantasy and conjecture.

Do folks really think that Durant on draft night was saying I want to play with Brown?  Ainge did the best he could without hurting the team.  But I think no deal on draft night for an established player really hurts our chances of Durant and makes them nil.

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 07:37:05 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Hypothesis, have their basis in facts and science.   This is pure fantasy and conjecture.

Do folks really think that Durant on draft night was saying I want to play with Brown?  Ainge did the best he could without hurting the team.  But I think no deal on draft night for an established player really hurts our chances of Durant and makes them nil.
They could still pull off a deal for an all star. They've got like 45 million in cap space. Maybe Ainge's is plan is basically to ask what FA available KD wants and goes out and signs him. Out of the teams Durant has meetings with, the C's probably have the most cap flexibility.