Poll

Which is the better player in your opinion

Demetrius Jackson
13 (31%)
Terry Rozier
29 (69%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Jackson or Rozier  (Read 9169 times)

Jackson or Rozier
« on: June 25, 2016, 12:42:26 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
and why?  Personally, I'd go with Jackson.  How he slipped to us at 45 is simply mind boggling, to me, and with Bentil at 51, Ainge arguably got better players at those spots than with any of our first five picks - ugh.

Anyway, neither guy is going to see the floor at all this year, imo, but I like Jackson more because he's a much better shooter than Terry who can also play off of the ball, as he did in his sophomore campaign when he played in the backcourt with Jerian Grant, and he's a much better passer who is more of a scoring point guard than a combo guard learning how to play as a point like Rozier, imo.

And yes, I'm giving major props to Ainge for both Jackson and Bentil (assuming, of course, that he's the one who made those selections), even though that hardly makes up for the other picks, imo, but still - way to go! :) I'm not being sarcastic, btw.

Re: Jackson or Rozier
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 12:44:11 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Rozier, because I've already seen him do things in the NBA. However, I'm thrilled with Jackson at #45 and can't wait for summer league.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 12:48:57 AM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
Keep them both and let them fight it out. I like Jackson as a backup point guard, and Rozier didn't look like a total wreck when he got tossed into a real live playoff series after spending the whole season stapled to the bench, which counts for something. If everything goes well, one of them, one/both of Hunter/Young, and non-premium draft picks will wind up going to Philly for one of their three centers when one of them gets squeezed out of the rotation and their agent demands a trade.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 01:06:33 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I went ahead and watched a little of D-Jax and I came away very impressed. He seems to have just as much bounce as Rozier imo and seems to be a more ballsy player.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 06:43:46 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Rozier = better athlete, better defender & rebounder, better driver, better scorer.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 07:24:04 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Rozier. Jackson has better PG skills, but the rest, Rozier is ahead.

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 07:26:04 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I give a slight edge to Rozier based on slightly better college production, slightly better size, and the fact that e has already proven the ability to contribute when needed. However Jackson isn't fare off and j expect both to have long careers as backup PGs. Great pick by DA.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 07:54:50 AM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Keep them both and let them fight it out. I like Jackson as a backup point guard, and Rozier didn't look like a total wreck when he got tossed into a real live playoff series after spending the whole season stapled to the bench, which counts for something. If everything goes well, one of them, one/both of Hunter/Young, and non-premium draft picks will wind up going to Philly for one of their three centers when one of them gets squeezed out of the rotation and their agent demands a trade.

We've got so many new guys and young guys with "potential," I think the C's are going to have to start a second NBDL squad.

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 08:28:18 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
I already figured Rozier was in the rotation as he played well in the playoffs.
I'm keeping both however as I'm betting either Smart or AB is part of a package for a big.

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 08:44:50 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Our summer league team is going to kick azz.

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 08:46:24 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Great post.

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 08:46:34 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I love Jackson.
Could end up being one of the 5 best players in this draft and a top 20 pg on a jeff Teague sorta level.
I'd give my long term edge to Rozier because of his length and age but because of those 2 things inthunk Rozier is gone pretty soon as a trade asset.

But yeah Jackson is going to be our own Eric Bledsoe when Bledsoe was a rookie in LAC.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 08:53:04 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Rozier = better athlete, better defender & rebounder, better driver, better scorer.

Whaaaat??

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 08:58:13 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Boston is already committed to 9 players for next year.

Avery, IT, Crowder, Smart, KO, Rozier, Young, Hunter, Mickey.  Throw in Brown and either bring back Amir or sign another center and that's 11.  We need a back up center, so that's 12 and Jackson and Bentil leaves us with 14.  One roster spot left and we haven't brought back Sully, Turner or JJ.

I don't see how we can keep four point guards on the roster, even if we dump Young, given our need for bigs and hope to improve through free agency.

Mike

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 08:58:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
"Definitely a long wait but thankful and happy for the opportunity to continue to do what I love to do," Jackson said when asked what was going through his mind. "It's been my dream to play. I'm happy to play. I'm going to have a great coach. I knew coach [Brad Stevens] when he was at Butler and extra motivation for a chip on my shoulder like I've always had."

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Long-Wait-Over-Celtics-select-Demetrius-Jackson-in-2nd-round-384219911.html