Author Topic: Can anyone think of another 275 pound athletic Freak?  (Read 11459 times)

Re: Can anyone think of another 270 pound athletic Freak?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 10:33:23 AM »

Offline redrobot

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
The few videos I've seen of him at workouts look nothing like that dude

https://youtu.be/-5exJ7QSxDI

Are you saying you doubt that's him? It looks a lot like him.

No no, not doubting it's him - just that the selfie of him looks like a completely different body type than his workout video.

But if he's coming from a boxing background, he certainly has experience with body mass and weight control. Will be interesting to see how this all works out.

Re: Can anyone think of another 275 pound athletic Freak?
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 10:35:39 AM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I'm sorry but I don't like this pick at all. Especially if he's stashed for a year or two.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 10:43:50 AM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
He has the type of body that will get out of shape quickly.

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 10:44:36 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
And, in case anyone forgot, he shot around 43% from three point land. If this guy can learn to play defense he will be a very good nba player.

He stays overseas for another years I think. Can the Celtics provide coaching to him during that time?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 11:09:50 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
BRING BACK THA SHOW!!!

He reminds me of Leon Powe - but with 20 or so extra pounds.

Leon's game was inside oriented if I remember correctly - and he figured in some big games for us before his injuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db1UnoY3rIo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNSH9eX6xRA

I'm loving his pick and hope he can get some court time with us soon.

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 11:37:42 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I'm sorry but I don't like this pick at all. Especially if he's stashed for a year or two.

Sincerely, Karl Malone.

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 11:40:40 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Can't think of anyone in this weight range... Glen Davis was 300, Larry Johnson 250, so Yabusele fits right in the middle.

Pretty curious about Yab, and what the plans are for him. Great body language in those clips. Looking hyped up!

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2016, 11:43:25 AM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

Sincerely, Karl Malone.

wat
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2016, 12:09:46 PM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
Guerschon Yab, Approximately 6'7" 270 pounds, and movement wise he's an absolute freak of nature. Way Quicker than Larry Johnson ever was.

It's actually mind blowing seeing this guy just float right buy smaller players like they are standing still.

Chuck was a good 2" shorter than Yab, and Barkley was more Explosive, but that's the closest thing I can think of with that type of bodyweight, Quickness and Power combination.

I think Yab cab blow by people much better than Marcus Smart. The kids first step is tremendous. He might be a gem.

Way quicker than Larry Johnson ever was? Then you never saw Larry Johnson in his prime, or you are way overrating a few shaky scouting videos against non-competition. Probably both.

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 12:19:14 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Guerschon Yab, Approximately 6'7" 270 pounds, and movement wise he's an absolute freak of nature. Way Quicker than Larry Johnson ever was.

It's actually mind blowing seeing this guy just float right buy smaller players like they are standing still.

Chuck was a good 2" shorter than Yab, and Barkley was more Explosive, but that's the closest thing I can think of with that type of bodyweight, Quickness and Power combination.

I think Yab cab blow by people much better than Marcus Smart. The kids first step is tremendous. He might be a gem.

Way quicker than Larry Johnson ever was? Then you never saw Larry Johnson in his prime, or you are way overrating a few shaky scouting videos against non-competition. Probably both.

He's probably remembering Larry Johnson post-injury. Still, I'm not writing off Yabusele. He does move well, which is fine. The 43% from three is really intriguing from a guy his size and mobility though.

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 12:35:04 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
The Bucks may have the Greek Freak.....but we have.......

The French Freak

I like the alliteration better than the rhyme. Rolls off the tongue better.

If Yabs works out, maybe we don't have to listen to all those moaners and groaners on here decrying the fact that Anteken...whatever his name is, isn't a Celtic.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 09:23:18 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 02:17:21 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
The Bucks may have the Greek Freak.....but we have.......

The French Freak

I like the alliteration better than the rhyme. Rolls off the tongue better.

If Yabs works out, maybe we don't have to listen to all those moaners and groaners on here decrying the fact that Ante.... whatever his name is, isn't a Celtic.

Haha Tp brother I love It! Spread the word.

The French Freak!!!😂

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 02:30:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

I'll believe it when I see it

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 02:51:08 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Looks kind of like Herchel Walker.

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2016, 04:04:22 PM »

Offline Coast2Coast

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I'll admit that I knew nothing of him pre-draft. But I like the potential here. Has the size, has the shot, good handles and can run.

About the same standing reach as Draymond 8'10ish, with 45 more pounds to him. I think he could possibly benefit from losing 10-15 pounds. At 16 he may have been a reach but then again 2-3 years down the line he could be considered a steal there.  I hope we bring him over immediately and stash Ante.