Author Topic: Durant Free Agency Tour  (Read 2535 times)

Re: Durant Free Agency Tour
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2016, 12:42:12 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Also, thanks for the info JPotter, TP. I know we don't see eye to eye on Ainge's draft performance last night, but I have no hard feelings, your a true celtics fan and we all get passionate to see our team succeed!

TP back at you. That's probably one of the only things we really disagree with on the C's that I can tell lol

Let's just hope Brown is as good as advertised and reaches his ceiling. I get more excited about him the more I watch of him, though I do still think a trade for either Butler or Noel would've helped us out even just a little bit in our Durant pursuit  :(

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2016, 12:45:10 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Also, thanks for the info JPotter, TP. I know we don't see eye to eye on Ainge's draft performance last night, but I have no hard feelings, your a true celtics fan and we all get passionate to see our team succeed!

TP back at you. That's probably one of the only things we really disagree with on the C's that I can tell lol

Let's just hope Brown is as good as advertised and reaches his ceiling. I get more excited about him the more I watch of him, though I do still think a trade for either Butler or Noel would've helped us out even just a little bit in our Durant pursuit  :(

Agreed! Let's hope Ainge has some plan to still get someone like Noel this summer , in time to sway KD.

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2016, 01:01:31 AM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Trade for Cousins and Butler sign KD

Just kidding

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2016, 01:19:21 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Great to see we are on the list (per Woj).  I would have been shocked if we didn't get a meeting.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 01:24:23 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2016, 01:27:26 AM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
I think its either Durant signs a 1 year deal with the Thunder or goes to SA. It is hard to compete with what SA has, our only chance is if we get a good season and Durant signs a 1 year deal with OKC.

I'd say he goes east.

Well he mightve if Cleveland not picked themselves up after game 4. They looked lost then. After that it can make Durant second guess if going to the East is any different.

Whether the Cavs won or lost, the east is still more wide open than the west.

Well yes, but Durant got to game 7 in the ECF, against the team that didnt even win the whole thing. He might think he can go there again with OKC. Whereas if he goes to the East, sure going to Conf finals is easier, but they got swept by Cleveland and by blowouts too.

He could be thinking getting to the conference finals is easier in the East, but getting to the Finals is easier in the West.

If he goes to SA, getting to the conference finals will be even easier in the West.

No, no, no. One series does not change the entire layout of the past two years. There are four legitimate title contenders in the West - OKC, GS, SAS, and LAC - and only one in the East - Cleveland. It is undoubtedly easier to get to both the conference finals AND NBA Finals in the East than the West.

In what world are the clippers a legit title contender?????

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2016, 01:33:22 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
I think its either Durant signs a 1 year deal with the Thunder or goes to SA. It is hard to compete with what SA has, our only chance is if we get a good season and Durant signs a 1 year deal with OKC.

I'd say he goes east.

Well he mightve if Cleveland not picked themselves up after game 4. They looked lost then. After that it can make Durant second guess if going to the East is any different.

Whether the Cavs won or lost, the east is still more wide open than the west.

Well yes, but Durant got to game 7 in the ECF, against the team that didnt even win the whole thing. He might think he can go there again with OKC. Whereas if he goes to the East, sure going to Conf finals is easier, but they got swept by Cleveland and by blowouts too.

He could be thinking getting to the conference finals is easier in the East, but getting to the Finals is easier in the West.

If he goes to SA, getting to the conference finals will be even easier in the West.

No, no, no. One series does not change the entire layout of the past two years. There are four legitimate title contenders in the West - OKC, GS, SAS, and LAC - and only one in the East - Cleveland. It is undoubtedly easier to get to both the conference finals AND NBA Finals in the East than the West.

In what world are the clippers a legit title contender?????

They're borderline. I mean, in the West those four teams are separated by a big margin from the next set of teams. I think it's only fair that they're included closer to that group than a team like the Trailblazers.

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2016, 01:55:51 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Like, omg, my crush might just have looked in my general direction (sarcasm) ::).

Well you'll never know unless you talk to her. Plus she might have some hot friends. C's couldn't even get a meeting with Love last year.

Or Aldridge, or Monroe, or Deandre Jordan (not that we had a snowball's chance in hell of signing him, but still, you get the idea), or even Wesley Matthews (I'm sure that I've forgotten people), lol, but it doesn't matter - she would never like me, anyway, haha.  I feel a 'not with that attitude' response coming on ;D, but I was just trying to make light of the situation ;D, which is pretty much all we can do at this point :-\. Kind of like at the all star game when IT said that a player or two, iirc, asked about Boston and everyone was so excited ::).  Like, omg, maybe if I do her homework for her she might let me open a door for her and never even acknowledge my existence nor even say thank you (sarcasm) ::)! Sushi in a car - oh boy! ;D