Author Topic: K.C. Johnson - Butler deal discussed was Crowder, #3, #16  (Read 8569 times)

Re: K.C. Johnson - Butler deal discussed was Crowder, #3, #16
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2016, 03:11:03 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
And just to further this narrative that has came out about Danny  in the last several days:

"But the Celtics have a reputation of trying to win trades and kept changing terms, none of which ultimately met the Bulls' liking."

How much smoke do you want before you yell fire?
Sorry, that article was hogwash.

??? How do you figure?
Because it doesn't suit them and tells some uncomfortable truths

« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2016, 04:09:29 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Crowder plus a lottery pick and a 1st round pick does not seem to make up $17 million dollars.. There had to be more to this for it to work..

Like AB and Smart for instance... oh and throw brooklyn 2017 pick as well

Or simply salary filler like JJ.. it's called actually reading the OP. Try it some time. Oh, wait, you already knew what you were going to say by just reading the title, right?  ::)

« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2016, 04:10:46 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Crowder plus a lottery pick and a 1st round pick does not seem to make up $17 million dollars.. There had to be more to this for it to work..

Or simply salary filler like JJ.. it's called actually reading the OP. Try it some time. Oh, wait, you already knew what you were going to say by just reading the title, right?  ::)

Nope, just trying to play your game that rely on what internet says.

« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2016, 04:12:51 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Gar on Butler rumors: “We were in no talks with anybody. There was no discussion during the draft as far as trades."

So the theory might be, DA offer crowder and 2 picks and Chicago never answer to that or wanted to discuss further.

What a blatant liar. I get that he's not supposed to say "yep, we were shopping Jimmy, but then we decided to keep him", but still.

Yeah, there's no doubts they were in talk. He was literally the laughing stock of ESPN today on numerous shows for that quote that was an obvious lie, and everyone thinks it will strain their relationship with Butler even more.

If ESPN say so, my apology.

Yeah, I'd apologize too if I believed a GM with a sketchy history with Butler over the literally dozens of sports personalities, insiders, and sources that outright state there were talks. That's called confirmation bias, brah..

I'm also guessing you believe Cousins' tweet wasn't about the draft, too, because he said it wasn't..  ::)

« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2016, 04:13:47 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Haha ignorance truly is bliss, huh?

« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2016, 04:19:56 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

It's ok to have a point of view of someone's work but it's another to interpret the info the way it suits you.

« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2016, 04:28:11 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

It's ok to have a point of view of someone's work but it's another to interpret the info the way it suits you.

This is literally all you guys have done today. There were numerous reports by numerous excellent resources in the NBA that all said there were discussions between Chicago and Boston and Chicago and Minny. This was literally like a top-5 talking point on almost every program on ESPN today, and they all sat there and mocked Gar Forman for this blatant lie that only makes things worse between him and Butler.

If you're seriously going to sit there and believe Gar Forman, who has EVERY motivation in the world to lie about that situation, when it was CLEARLY reported widely, then you're too thick to even argue with anymore. Honestly, this is one of the most asinine things that I've ever seen on here, and, trust me, I've seen some crazy arguments. If you're literally going to disregard what amounts to a mountain of evidence to believe an individual that clearly has ulterior motives in Gar Foman, then I'm just speechless with how ironic it is that you of all people are claiming confirmation bias with me lol Talk about irony!

« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2016, 07:39:41 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I rate Butler as Top 20 player who is not a Top 10 player.  I rate Crowder as good enough that Crowder + #3 is an overpay and Crowder + #16 + #23 is reasonable.

If the Bulls wanted to use Butler to trade for #3, I am sending Chicago proposals for packages not involving Crowder and packages involving Crowder where the Bulls add more value.  If I think the Bulls won't ever meet my demands right now, then I am using these proposals to gauge how likely the Bulls are to look for a Butler deal at the trade deadline.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2016, 07:43:40 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I rate Butler as Top 20 player who is not a Top 10 player.  I rate Crowder as good enough that Crowder + #3 is an overpay and Crowder + #16 + #23 is reasonable.

If the Bulls wanted to use Butler to trade for #3, I am sending Chicago proposals for packages not involving Crowder and packages involving Crowder where the Bulls add more value.  If I think the Bulls won't ever meet my demands right now, then I am using these proposals to gauge how likely the Bulls are to look for a Butler deal at the trade deadline.
I don't think the Bulls were ever truly serious unless a godfather offer came along. They certainly weren't going to get that from DA. They have no reason to rush in trading Butler. He's under a long term contract. They can wait it out and see how teams unfold etc.

« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2016, 08:37:13 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The way it is written, it could have been Ainge offering Crowder, the #3 and the #16 and being turned down by Chicago.

Mike

Exactly.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2016, 09:57:10 AM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
It's possible Ainge was the one that made this offer and got rejected but if Chicago made the offer we should have taken the deal in my opinion
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio