Author Topic: Rumor- Ainge wanted Noel & Lakers pick  (Read 11628 times)

Rumor- Ainge wanted Noel & Lakers pick
« on: June 24, 2016, 09:01:08 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Tom Moore
24m24 minutes ago
Tom Moore ‏@tmoore76ers
One source heard Celts supposedly wanted Noel & Lakers pick for No. 3

Re: Rumor- Ainge wanted Noel & Lakers pick
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 09:03:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Can't blame him for asking.  Can't blame Philly for turning it down.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 09:10:49 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
That makes no sense.  Who gets what in that deal?  Obviously Noel to Boston, but do the Lakers get 3 and we get 2?  Weird.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 09:11:47 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
That makes no sense.  Who gets what in that deal?  Obviously Noel to Boston, but do the Lakers get 3 and we get 2?  Weird.

sixers have the lakers top 3 protected pick i think. danny wanted that.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 09:14:35 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

Correct

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 09:19:32 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Interesting. I'm of the opinion that they're going to overpay for free agents this summer, and it's not going to be all that great of a pick anyways, probably mid to later lottery.

EDIT: And I thought it was only top-1 protected in 2017?

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 09:23:27 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Good. The other deal was horrendous. Who wants a D leaguer and 2 late first round picks? What exactly are the C's going to do with those?

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 09:28:03 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Correct

Ah, I see.  Thanks for the info.  A TP for both of you :).

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 09:44:04 PM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42
So, again, it's not okay for Ainge to ask for the moon but it's okay if he settles for a box of rocks?  Why is journalism so enamored with stuff that didn't happen instead of telling us about stuff that they hear may be happening?  I'll tell you, it's because it's easier for hack journalist to get the scoop after the fact than to get developing stories.  Also, it's easy for teams to make up what was offered/rejected after the fact.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:03:01 PM by 35Lewis »

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 09:59:02 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Good. The other deal was horrendous. Who wants a D leaguer and 2 late first round picks? What exactly are the C's going to do with those?
The story on the main page called Noel/Covington/24/26 as a "kings ransom". I say hardly, it's still basically Noel.

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 10:02:27 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The story on the main page called Noel/Covington/24/26 as a "kings ransom". I say hardly, it's still basically a one-year rental of Noel.
Fixed that.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 10:09:23 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
So, again, it's not okay for Ainge to ask for the moon but it's okay if he settles for a box of rocks?  Why is journalism so enamored with stuff that didn't happen instead of telling us about stuff that they hear may be happening?  I'll tell you, it's because it's easier for hack journalist to get the scoop after the fact than to get developing stories.  Also, it's easy for teams to make up what was offered/rejected after the fact.

Because journalism, as it's supposed to be, is nearly nonexistent these days.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 10:12:28 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
The story on the main page called Noel/Covington/24/26 as a "kings ransom". I say hardly, it's still basically Noel.
Yeah. I don't get it why people consider that a good deal. Noel is a nice defensive player but has zero offensive game and is basically a rental. Covington was a d leaguer and is at best a bench player. The 2 picks are late 20s and are unlikely to yield anything fruitful. The deal was basically the 3rd overall pick for maybe a year of Noel.

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 10:15:30 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
The story on the main page called Noel/Covington/24/26 as a "kings ransom". I say hardly, it's still basically a one-year rental of Noel.
Fixed that.

No, you didn't. You broke it.

IT WOULD NOT BE A ONE-YEAR RENTAL.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 10:21:58 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Fixed that.

No, you didn't. You broke it.

IT WOULD NOT BE A ONE-YEAR RENTAL.

Why wouldn't it be? He's going to be a FA next year, he's not going to sign an extension (the rookie extension rules for anyone but an all-NBA player are laughable),  and he's going to get paid big time.  If we want to give him a max we can offer it next summer and, if Philly want to match, throw them something like the Clippers 2019 pick
I'm bitter.