Author Topic: Am I the only one actually pleased with the draft?  (Read 3975 times)

Re: Am I the only one actually pleased with the draft?
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2016, 10:34:17 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I loved the Brown pick. I think he fits with the team and his high upside will be realized here.

I love our team and I'm happy Ainge is setting a hard line for our assets. A lot of people will be upset if we never trade our assets for a star, not me. I think we can build something really special by making high picks and developing them on a hard working winning team.

Add Jaylen Brown this year to Harry Giles next year and we have the two stars to build around, except we will already have a championship level supporting cast in place.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2016, 10:47:42 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I suspect anybody under 30 would be pleased with the draft.

Anybody of retirement age would not be pleased. Time is not on their side.

The first championship I remember being invested in was 1980/81, so while not of retirement age, I aint under 30. I'm very happy with this draft. One more step in a really great direction. Fantastic possibilities and no stupid moves. I am super excited for Brown and totally anticipated both the draft and stash likelihood and the trading of the 2nds for a first in 2019 or 20. What I find most disturbing is the depths of the despair and, frankly, completely unfounded hot takes which have gripped these very boards. In general I think the quality of the discussion on CBlog is well above other fan sites, but I have had to boycott for the last 24 hours or so...
I am 58 and can't say I'm not pleased either, especially after watching the great YouTube clips of Bentil and Jackson. Both these guys look like NBA ready players. The trading of the 2nds for a future 1st was also not a surprise as it is a great way to consolidate some of the picks.  The euro stash players were also a smart move. If someday either or both turn into decent players it will have been a worthwhile "asset gathering" strategy. Most importantly, there is at least a decent chance that Jayen Brown could turn into a fine player and he's young enough to have gobs more upside.

Sure there was no big trade, but as a draft outcome, I am pretty happy.

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2016, 11:13:10 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
We got Demetrius Jackson, who is an intelligent and absolute beast on both ends of the floor, and oozes with potential.

Bentil, who literally went from averaging under 10 PPG, to being the leading scorer alongside Kris Dunn, (who by the way helped Dunn look really good by finishing most of his touch passes/assists.)

Zizic who has one of the highest PER's in his league, and is still really young.

And of course picked up Brown, who like a few others were talking about the two way potential this kid had last year. I wish I could dig up the threads, but I remember how much we were salivating at the chance of drafting this kid, and now that he's drafted, those same people have disappeared off the face of the earth.

We weren't even supposed to have a pick this high anyways. Don't act like the chips didn't go our way.

As for mock drafts, and people proclaiming we picked Brown way too high, and should've traded down; I didn't know people like Chad Ford could ever be wrong.  ::)

I felt like for where Ainge picked, he chose players with the highest chance of becoming a great player. I can't wait to see what Brad Stevens does with any of these players. And I'm 100% confident Jackson and Brown; if they ever reached their potential, could be one of the most dynamic and deadliest scoring duo in the NBA.

I'm with ya. Across the board just screams talent. I feel like he's got a chance at hitting on three, and the rest aren't shabby as well.

The three ?

Brown
Zizic
Jackson

Wildcard: Bentil (heckuva player for the draft position)

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2016, 11:50:14 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If you get 3 good players out of 1 draft -- that's considered a bonanza!  I'm hoping we finally hit our draft pot of gold.  We've been needing it!!

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2016, 11:54:42 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Posters hate on Danny for passing on greek freak but he reaches this draft on a euro and now he's incompetent.

I'm excited to see the new guys play (most of them should see time) rather than having a team of IT, Butler, and MLE fillers since no one still wants to come here in free agency.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2016, 03:52:39 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Posters hate on Danny for passing on greek freak but he reaches this draft on a euro and now he's incompetent.

I'm excited to see the new guys play (most of them should see time) rather than having a team of IT, Butler, and MLE fillers since no one still wants to come here in free agency.

Really don't believe that, but to each his own.

I'm very surprised at how many people are optimistic about this draft. Reading the NBA draft thread, you'd think if people could stab Ainge in the face, that 20,000 volunteers would be up in arms lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different