Author Topic: Am I the only one actually pleased with the draft?  (Read 3960 times)

Re: Am I the only one actually pleased with the draft?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 08:45:15 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/746432763302010881

This made me go from not liking Brown to liking him
I am super Excited about the draft..  Jackson is the only one I am a little IFFY on, reminds me of that  guard we drafted last year - umm Thorton I think his name was.. Really hard for any guard to Crack our line up without a trade..

The French Cat is the one I think Will be the sleeper.. That size with that speed is intriguing.

Really dig all the picks though.. We can really see what CBS and Danny are trying to build.. Quick, Rugged defenders and All the Bigs have to be able to step out beyond the 3.. Very Fast team..

Marcus Thornton shouldn't compare with Jackson, because Jackson has fluid handles, and can score accordingly. He's also been a player that supposedly was like the 3rd best PG after Dunn, Ullis, etc. But his height shouldn't deter most people. He's a strong pesky point guard that uses all of his tools.

Rozier, Smart, and Jackson are all going to be competing for minutes, and I can't wait to see who wins out in that brawl.

As for Brown, yes very excited. If there is anyone that could change Brown's game to become more dominant as a two way player, it's Brad Stevens.

Not comparing their games, just the fact that I thought MT was a pretty good little guard Prospect and We sent him to NEVERNEVER land never to be heard of again.. But Its easy to tell that Jackson is the better player and He plays our Kind of Defense..
With that Said I don't think he will be challenging Smart for any minutes..  The battle will with Rozier, Hunter and young - The 3rd guard spot..

Its crazy to believe, but out of all the players except for Brown, I think Jackson has the highest ceiling. This guy literally takes flight. He's a Mike Conley without the excellent court vision, but he leads by example. He's willing to put his body on the line. You can see it in his games, and you can see it by his interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZmOj4lbZWE

I don't think some users will understand how much of a steal Jackson will be.

This kid is unbelievable. He is definitely one of the players I wanted, and hopefully would've loved to have grabbed at 16. Without a doubt, I think he's better than Dunn. I think people are so transfixed with Dunn's playmaking and scoring/passing ability, that their really underselling how much of an impact Jackson led his team in scoring/leadership in the 2016 NCAA tournament.

Demetrius Jackson is probably all the things you say he is, but, frankly, he's going to have a tough time getting the opportunity to prove it.

That's why I'm so excited. I think Jackson will prove to Stevens that he should deserve to see minutes over Rozier, (who I'm very fond of,) but might be trade bait by the Bulls, considering they missed out on their favorite prospect.

P.S. Jackson loves the Irish.  ;D
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 08:48:02 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Bummed about Butler but don't know what it would have taken to get him.
Meh on Noel.
Excited about J. Brown but I'm a Cal alum so a bit biased. He has a ton of upside but obviously some risk he doesn't pan out.
Interested to see what we have in Antic.
Meh on all the rest but hoping to be surprised.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 08:51:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I am super Excited about the draft..  Jackson is the only one I am a little IFFY on, reminds me of that  guard we drafted last year - umm Thorton I think his name was.. Really hard for any guard to Crack our line up without a trade..

The French Cat is the one I think Will be the sleeper.. That size with that speed is intriguing.

Really dig all the picks though.. We can really see what CBS and Danny are trying to build.. Quick, Rugged defenders and All the Bigs have to be able to step out beyond the 3.. Very Fast team..

Marcus Thornton shouldn't compare with Jackson, because Jackson has fluid handles, and can score accordingly. He's also been a player that supposedly was like the 3rd best PG after Dunn, Ullis, etc. But his height shouldn't deter most people. He's a strong pesky point guard that uses all of his tools.

Rozier, Smart, and Jackson are all going to be competing for minutes, and I can't wait to see who wins out in that brawl.

As for Brown, yes very excited. If there is anyone that could change Brown's game to become more dominant as a two way player, it's Brad Stevens.

Not comparing their games, just the fact that I thought MT was a pretty good little guard Prospect and We sent him to NEVERNEVER land never to be heard of again.. But Its easy to tell that Jackson is the better player and He plays our Kind of Defense..
With that Said I don't think he will be challenging Smart for any minutes..  The battle will with Rozier, Hunter and young - The 3rd guard spot..

Its crazy to believe, but out of all the players except for Brown, I think Jackson has the highest ceiling. This guy literally takes flight. He's a Mike Conley without the excellent court vision, but he leads by example. He's willing to put his body on the line. You can see it in his games, and you can see it by his interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZmOj4lbZWE

I don't think some users will understand how much of a steal Jackson will be.

This kid is unbelievable. He is definitely one of the players I wanted, and hopefully would've loved to have grabbed at 16. Without a doubt, I think he's better than Dunn. I think people are so transfixed with Dunn's playmaking and scoring/passing ability, that their really underselling how much of an impact Jackson led his team in scoring/leadership in the 2016 NCAA tournament.

Demetrius Jackson is probably all the things you say he is, but, frankly, he's going to have a tough time getting the opportunity to prove it.

We will see. He is an explosive leaper. Skilled

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 08:56:13 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Good God I am sold. Forget every post I've ever made re: this draft.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 08:56:29 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
So hard to say. I'm in a much better mood after this draft than after last years. But I can honestly say I'm excited to see Rozier next year, I think the kid has potential. So I will give Brown a chance too. I think he has just a good of chance to be good an anyone else in the draft. I know summer league means Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. but I'd love to see him crush it.

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 08:57:51 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Nope.

I'm pleased as well.

Can't wait to see Jaylen rips some heads off for BOS....love his fire.

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 09:04:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Brown - our andrew wiggins/derozan
Yabu- our Draymond green
Zizic - our Tristant Thompsom
Jackson - Kemba Walker like
Bentil -  David West like

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 09:19:09 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I don't think the general animosity from draft night is with who Danny selected but that he didn't make a trade for an established player.

Personally, I think the first 5 players he picked could make an NBA roster (obviously Brown will) but I do think Yabu was a genuine reach at 16.  I can hear the posters that bash Sully's weight currently picking on this kid when he gets here in a year or two

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 09:22:24 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I suspect anybody under 30 would be pleased with the draft.

Anybody of retirement age would not be pleased. Time is not on their side.

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 09:33:16 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Ha, ha, ha...I love this quote. We officially have our second smart in terms of attitude.  I want those this kid play under CBS.

To for the post.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 09:40:10 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ

The first championship I remember being invested in was 1980/81, so while not of retirement age, I aint under 30. I'm very happy with this draft. One more step in a really great direction. Fantastic possibilities and no stupid moves. I am super excited for Brown and totally anticipated both the draft and stash likelihood and the trading of the 2nds for a first in 2019 or 20. What I find most disturbing is the depths of the despair and, frankly, completely unfounded hot takes which have gripped these very boards. In general I think the quality of the discussion on CBlog is well above other fan sites, but I have had to boycott for the last 24 hours or so... 

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 09:44:03 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I think the issue is this media culture we live in people make you feel like you are the only one sometimes. I don't agree with 90 percent of what the media says or how we should construct this team. The media in general creates this false reality of how things should be done.

People say Wyc has been saying this or that.  No he hasn't.  People just choose to hear what they want to hear and run with it. He's an owner so he is pushing for certain things to happen and wants to win himself.  He's also a fan and gets hopeful himself sometimes and is just trying to keep a positive vibe is more the reality of it.  He's human and does the same stuff a lot of people do?  But Danny has said time and time again and so has wyc that there have to be deals out there to make that make sense for the Celtics, and that they are in this for the long haul.

The media itself puts pressure on the celtics to run the team a certain way. Danny and  both Wyc have rebuffed this stuff on several occasions, but people refuse to hear that.

Then people are  disapointed, when it's their own fault for creating this false reality themselves. Running with scissors. It's a crazy train.

Unfortunately this society we live in some of the more attention seeking people themselves are the ones who start this stuff, run with it and over exaggerate it.

I'm really happy with what the celtics did because it made sense considering their situation. Ainge explores trades because that's his job, but it's not the reality of it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:33:41 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2016, 09:49:43 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Hey! Incorrect!  :D I like this draft, so take that!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2016, 09:50:49 PM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42
I agree with Walker about the media perception.  Watching the draft and these experts started plugging imaginary free agents onto teams and then saying how good they looked.  In the same breathe they are putting rookies into starting lineups?  This is absurd, everyone also wants to be the first so they start throwing out stuff to get clicks.  I used to love watching the draft when it was about the players and not about who the players could net us in a trade.  In a perfect world we'd trade the third pick for a superstar but that didn't happen.  The big trades of the night were Jeff Teague, too bad we couldn't grab ourselves an inconsistent point guard who lost his 4th quarter minutes to a younger player. 

I like these guys we got, I did hear from a player that said Avery wasn't happy with the Brown pick but who cares what Avery wants.

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 09:51:40 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I'm older as well.  42.  I've always been this way with teams I root for though.  I try to see what makes sense for them considering the situation.

I don't agree with everything teams do but I try to keep that in mind. Some GM's are really bad.  Danny is one of the better ones.

If DA was taking this team in the wrong direction I'd say it. I don't think he is.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:03:51 PM by walker834 »