Author Topic: Am I the only one actually pleased with the draft?  (Read 3974 times)

Am I the only one actually pleased with the draft?
« on: June 24, 2016, 07:49:28 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
We got Demetrius Jackson, who is an intelligent and absolute beast on both ends of the floor, and oozes with potential.

Bentil, who literally went from averaging under 10 PPG, to being the leading scorer alongside Kris Dunn, (who by the way helped Dunn look really good by finishing most of his touch passes/assists.)

Zizic who has one of the highest PER's in his league, and is still really young.

And of course picked up Brown, who like a few others were talking about the two way potential this kid had last year. I wish I could dig up the threads, but I remember how much we were salivating at the chance of drafting this kid, and now that he's drafted, those same people have disappeared off the face of the earth.

We weren't even supposed to have a pick this high anyways. Don't act like the chips didn't go our way.

As for mock drafts, and people proclaiming we picked Brown way too high, and should've traded down; I didn't know people like Chad Ford could ever be wrong.  ::)

I felt like for where Ainge picked, he chose players with the highest chance of becoming a great player. I can't wait to see what Brad Stevens does with any of these players. And I'm 100% confident Jackson and Brown; if they ever reached their potential, could be one of the most dynamic and deadliest scoring duo in the NBA.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Am I the only one actually pleased with the draft?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 08:06:07 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
I am super Excited about the draft..  Jackson is the only one I am a little IFFY on, reminds me of that  guard we drafted last year - umm Thorton I think his name was.. Really hard for any guard to Crack our line up without a trade..

The French Cat is the one I think Will be the sleeper.. That size with that speed is intriguing.

Really dig all the picks though.. We can really see what CBS and Danny are trying to build.. Quick, Rugged defenders and All the Bigs have to be able to step out beyond the 3.. Very Fast team..

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 08:07:25 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
https://mobile.twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/746432763302010881

This made me go from not liking Brown to liking him

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 08:10:08 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

I am super Excited about the draft..  Jackson is the only one I am a little IFFY on, reminds me of that  guard we drafted last year - umm Thorton I think his name was.. Really hard for any guard to Crack our line up without a trade..

The French Cat is the one I think Will be the sleeper.. That size with that speed is intriguing.

Really dig all the picks though.. We can really see what CBS and Danny are trying to build.. Quick, Rugged defenders and All the Bigs have to be able to step out beyond the 3.. Very Fast team..

Marcus Thornton shouldn't compare with Jackson, because Jackson has fluid handles, and can score accordingly. He's also been a player that supposedly was like the 3rd best PG after Dunn, Ullis, etc. But his height shouldn't deter most people. He's a strong pesky point guard that uses all of his tools.

Rozier, Smart, and Jackson are all going to be competing for minutes, and I can't wait to see who wins out in that brawl.

As for Brown, yes very excited. If there is anyone that could change Brown's game to become more dominant as a two way player, it's Brad Stevens.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 08:13:36 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Nope. I'm on the same boat too. After watching his highlights, I can see the high potential this kid have. Floor is not that low as people try to make it look like. He is an NBA level-defender from day-one and could be an instant energy spark off the bench due to his elite motor and athleticism.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 08:14:03 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I love it

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 08:15:11 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

You have to love the attitude and confidence.

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 08:18:00 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm pleased.  The guy I'm most excited about, though, is the Frenchman who I hadn't heard of until yesterday.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 08:24:54 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75

Marcus Thornton shouldn't compare with Jackson, because Jackson has fluid handles, and can score accordingly. He's also been a player that supposedly was like the 3rd best PG after Dunn, Ullis, etc. But his height shouldn't deter most people. He's a strong pesky point guard that uses all of his tools.

Rozier, Smart, and Jackson are all going to be competing for minutes, and I can't wait to see who wins out in that brawl.

As for Brown, yes very excited. If there is anyone that could change Brown's game to become more dominant as a two way player, it's Brad Stevens.

Not comparing their games, just the fact that I thought MT was a pretty good little guard Prospect and We sent him to NEVERNEVER land never to be heard of again.. But Its easy to tell that Jackson is the better player and He plays our Kind of Defense..
With that Said I don't think he will be challenging Smart for any minutes..  The battle will with Rozier, Hunter and young - The 3rd guard spot..

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 08:30:48 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Ainge is great.
Celtic fans are whiny little bit...es.

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 08:33:47 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Fairly happy.😁

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 08:34:10 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Not comparing their games, just the fact that I thought MT was a pretty good little guard Prospect and We sent him to NEVERNEVER land never to be heard of again.. But Its easy to tell that Jackson is the better player and He plays our Kind of Defense..
With that Said I don't think he will be challenging Smart for any minutes..  The battle will with Rozier, Hunter and young - The 3rd guard spot..

Its crazy to believe, but out of all the players except for Brown, I think Jackson has the highest ceiling. This guy literally takes flight. He's a Mike Conley without the excellent court vision, but he leads by example. He's willing to put his body on the line. You can see it in his games, and you can see it by his interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZmOj4lbZWE

I don't think some users will understand how much of a steal Jackson will be.

This kid is unbelievable. He is definitely one of the players I wanted, and hopefully would've loved to have grabbed at 16. Without a doubt, I think he's better than Dunn. I think people are so transfixed with Dunn's playmaking and scoring/passing ability, that their really underselling how much of an impact Jackson led his team in scoring/leadership in the 2016 NCAA tournament.

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 08:37:45 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Was I bummed we didn't get Butler, but I really like the players that DA and Stevens brought in.

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 08:41:11 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Its crazy to believe, but out of all the players except for Brown, I think Jackson has the highest ceiling. This guy literally takes flight. He's a Mike Conley without the excellent court vision, but he leads by example. He's willing to put his body on the line. You can see it in his games, and you can see it by his interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZmOj4lbZWE

I don't think some users will understand how much of a steal Jackson will be.

This kid is unbelievable. He is definitely one of the players I wanted, and hopefully would've loved to have grabbed at 16. Without a doubt, I think he's better than Dunn. I think people are so transfixed with Dunn's playmaking and scoring/passing ability, that their really underselling how much of an impact Jackson led his team in scoring/leadership in the 2016 NCAA tournament.

Demetrius Jackson is probably all the things you say he is, but, frankly, he's going to have a tough time getting the opportunity to prove it.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 08:43:12 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Was I bummed we didn't get Butler, but I really like the players that DA and Stevens brought in.

Me too. I guess when all the reports and tweets, and furious thumb clicking on refresh led to my recognition that we could nab Butler from the Bulls set in, I was calm and ready for him on our team.

But I'm excited for Brown. We got some leapers in this draft, and I'm so thrilled to watch them work. My firm belief is Brown's shot isn't broken. Remember. We said the same thing about Pierce, Bradley, and hopefully Smart can prove us all wrong again.