Author Topic: Jaylen Brown 1 - Ben Simmons 0  (Read 1527 times)

Jaylen Brown 1 - Ben Simmons 0
« on: June 24, 2016, 06:58:35 PM »

Offline bigal534

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 56

Re: Jaylen Brown 1 - Ben Simmons 0
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 07:03:02 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
They were the two highest rated recruits in their class.  One publication had Brown as the top recruit.  Most had Brown as 2nd behind Simmons.

We get to see them go head-to-head on July 4th in the Summer league.  Gonna be fun.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 07:08:23 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
They were the two highest rated recruits in their class.  One publication had Brown as the top recruit.  Most had Brown as 2nd behind Simmons.

We get to see them go head-to-head on July 4th in the Summer league.  Gonna be fun.

High school?  C'mon man, I expect better from you.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 07:13:14 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

High school was only a year ago for these guys.  It's not irrelevant.  That said, by the end of their senior years, Brandon Ingram and Skal had surpassed Jaylen in most rankings.  (One of these things is not like the other...)

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 07:20:17 PM »

Offline bigal534

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 56
this was only for fun guys, but what i liked was Jaylens fire when guarding Ben, and obvious DESIRE to win. Hes a competitor, truly.

I think hes going to be a good one.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 07:58:54 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Wow, that's amazing (sarcasm)! ::) Honestly, who cares about high school rankings, anyway - they're meaningless.  Avery Bradley, for example, was once rated higher than John Wall ::).

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 08:17:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Virtually everyone who gets drafted early these days is what, 1 year removed from high school?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."