Author Topic: What's your rate for this Celtics draft?  (Read 1721 times)

Re: What's your rate for this Celtics draft?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 09:44:38 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I think Chad Ford of ESPN had it right. He gave it a C.  A combination of an A for the talent (I agree), and an F for the ignoring the need--important to get to 55 wins next year. I agree there, too.

The caveat is you watch this kid Brown, and he could surprise. Plus those two bangers at 16 and 23 can upgrade the 4-5 right away if given the shot.

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 09:48:50 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Can we at least see how these guys look in the SL before we start judging them as a group?  Preferably we'd give them two seasons.

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 01:07:42 AM »

Offline redrobot

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
But who say's they would have been there at 31 and 35. DA seemed to really like both of them today. Yabu is what Sully could be if he wasn't over weight and Zizic was one of the best Euro prospects. The other Euro's seemed be be either not as good, or were SF's, so with going with Brown and chasing Druant doesn't make sense. So are they an Over reach, yeah, but over all a smart move because of how he can maneuver them.

Yeah maybe they wouldn't have - guessing that probably at least one of them would have been. But if not, I think value-wise, there were guys there that would have been equally as intriguing.

Honestly haven't seen a lot of Yabusele, but I wouldn't go heralding his fitness right away. Dude is not any taller than Sullinger and said he is full on 275 lbs. in his interview. From the limited youtubes I've watched, he isn't exactly what I would call ripped.

Not sure what you mean about how he can maneuver them. I get the idea that if there's a guy you like at your pick you should grab him, even if he's likely to be available later on. But with so many picks stacked up, it would have made more sense to trade those first rounders and used the high 2nds.

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 01:13:36 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
B+
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers