Author Topic: This team is Stevens dream  (Read 1842 times)

This team is Stevens dream
« on: June 24, 2016, 05:30:08 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Brown and Marcus give us 2 of the most physically and mentally dominant guards in the league.   Both are super aggressive in different ways.  Rozier isn't too shabby either. Plus Isaiah and Bradley plus our new sparkplug in jackson who is small but super athletic and aggressive as well.

We may not have the protypical big men of some teams but our guards are really good.  Stevens at butler his teams were constructed this way as well.  Great guard play with big guards and a good mix and versatile men who play with the same energy.

Zizic, Yab, Bentil are all tough guys and versatile big men who run the floor and can score in a variety of ways.

Re: This team is Stevens dream
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 05:33:17 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Brown is basically  a more athletic Hayward but if you watch hayward and how he plays with toughness and attacks the rim it's the same thing.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 05:34:15 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm looking forward to seeing a defensive lineup of Bradley, Smart, Brown, Crowder .. and I guess Amir (or Horford if we sign him).

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 05:34:52 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Brown and Marcus give us 2 of the most physically and mentally dominant guards in the league.   Both are super aggressive in different ways.  Rozier isn't too shabby either. Plus Isaiah and Bradley plus our new sparkplug in jackson who is small but super athletic and aggressive as well.

We may not have the protypical big men of some teams but our guards are really good.  Stevens at butler his teams were constructed this way as well.  Great guard play with big guards and a good mix and versatile men who play with the same energy.

Zizic, Yab, Bentil are all tough guys and versatile big men who run the floor and can score in a variety of ways.

Isn't Brown a SF and not a guard?

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 05:36:57 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Yeah Brown is a SF although I think he can play guard or pf.  He's versatile like Pierce like that.  Pierce was a SF but played SG early in his career.   Brown is fast enough where he can play sg, sf, and pf.

He attacks the rim like Hayward does though.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 05:37:48 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I'm looking forward to seeing a defensive lineup of Bradley, Smart, Brown, Crowder .. and I guess Amir (or Horford if we sign him).

Defensive Rating of 35.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 05:38:23 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I think we'll make a run at both Horford and Durant this offseason too but not sure if that's what we'll end up with.

We may resign Sully instead of overpaying for Horford and having to play Horford 35+ minutes a game.

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 05:39:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Yeah Brown is a SF although I think he can play guard or pf.  He's versatile like Pierce like that.  Pierce was a SF but played SG early in his career.   Brown is fast enough where he can play sg, sf, and pf.

Isn't Brown slightly bigger than Jae Crowder?

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 05:42:13 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
As far as free agents, I hope we can do something similar to last year as far as even straight up overpaying a guy for a one/two year deal that has flexibility like the Jerebko and Amir deals do.  Especially considering the cap is going up.  You won't get the best FA that way, and of course I would like the best of them, but we can get someone pretty good that can help the team a lot.

Yeah I believe an inch taller.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 05:44:02 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Taller by an inch.  Crowder beat him on weight tho (by 20 pounds!) at the combine.

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 05:44:58 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Jaylen is a quarter of an inch taller in shoes (both measurements from the Combine). Jaylen's wingspan and standing reach are significantly greater.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 05:55:57 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel

Defensive Rating of 35.

what if we sign Whiteside? Smart, Bradley, Brown, Crowder, Whiteside. That sounds like hell to play against.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 06:01:02 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Taller by an inch.  Crowder beat him on weight tho (by 20 pounds!) at the combine.
I thought Crowder was 6'6 225.

Brown is 6'7 223.  But maybe Brown gains more muscle/weight over the next couple years.  He's only 19.  Crowder is 26.

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 06:03:42 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I thought Crowder was 6'6 225.

Brown is 6'7 223.  But maybe Brown gains more muscle/weight over the next couple years.  He's only 19.  Crowder is 26.
Crowder measured 240 lbs at the combine. Looking at him, there's no reason to believe he weighs any less.

Pierce played both positions early in his career. We moved him to full-time SF when he stopped being quick enough to stay with SGs.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 06:04:52 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I'm not looking forward to that offensive lineup. ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis