Author Topic: We are going to love Jaylen Brown  (Read 9819 times)

Re: We are going to love Jaylen Brown
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2016, 11:14:56 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
If we sign Whiteside...
IT, Smart, Brown, Crowder, and Whiteside.

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2016, 11:15:55 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I know I'm going to like him. He has talent. He's athletic. He's intelligent. He's going to work his ass off. I'm confident he'll be an above average player. He'll impact both ends of the court. He'll probably be a great teammate. He might even get some ROY votes this year.

I just doubt we will love him. I know there's a decent chance we could, i.e., a somewhat decent chance he'll make an All Star team, truly be a go to scorer, a top 25 player, maybe better, who knows. I just expect he'll cap out as a 15-20 ppg solid wing. And we already have that. He'd have made a fantastic pick at 7 or 8. He'd be a steal. But who here thinks that if our pick had been 7 or 8 that we'd still have made the pick? Nah. We'd have Noel right now. And that guy is something we don't already have, and desperately need, and only needs to improve a little to have an All Star impact.

not going by anything more than the eye test here. in the limited games that I've seen Noel (less than 10), he hasn't looked like he has a made a huge impact on the game. His highlight reel looks nice with alley oops and blocks, but actual live game tape- doesn't stand out to me. Am I the only one that thinks Noel might be overrated?

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2016, 11:37:29 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I've been saying all summer I don't follow College ball. 

So then perhaps you shouldn't take a dump on guys whom you've never seen play?  Lol.  That aside, I'm not sure that you're going to love Jaylen Brown, man.  You understandably don't like Marcus Smart, and neither do I, and while I haven't seen a ton of him, myself, Brown looks like a taller, bigger, more athletic version of Marcus Smart, except for the fact that he lacks Smart's defensive, ball handling, passing, and maybe even decision making 'skills' ahahahaha ;D, but I'm probably wrong.

Personally, I cannot wait to see both Smart and Brown on the court at the same time (sarcasm), bahaha ;D. #shootingstars #brickhouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBx6mAWYPU

They're mightay mightay, just lettin' them all rim out ;) ;D.

Lol you havent seen Brown as much as Stevens or Ainge, yet you claim to know better than them. Hypocritical much?  :laugh:

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2016, 11:55:28 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
I know I'm going to like him. He has talent. He's athletic. He's intelligent. He's going to work his ass off. I'm confident he'll be an above average player. He'll impact both ends of the court. He'll probably be a great teammate. He might even get some ROY votes this year.

I just doubt we will love him. I know there's a decent chance we could, i.e., a somewhat decent chance he'll make an All Star team, truly be a go to scorer, a top 25 player, maybe better, who knows. I just expect he'll cap out as a 15-20 ppg solid wing. And we already have that. He'd have made a fantastic pick at 7 or 8. He'd be a steal. But who here thinks that if our pick had been 7 or 8 that we'd still have made the pick? Nah. We'd have Noel right now. And that guy is something we don't already have, and desperately need, and only needs to improve a little to have an All Star impact.

not going by anything more than the eye test here. in the limited games that I've seen Noel (less than 10), he hasn't looked like he has a made a huge impact on the game. His highlight reel looks nice with alley oops and blocks, but actual live game tape- doesn't stand out to me. Am I the only one that thinks Noel might be overrated?

Noel is a nice player who does a lot of good things on defense, but he's not a star and he's getting maxed out next summer by someone, so any trade for him erases a big chunk (possibly all) of your cap room next summer. Given the looming glut of bigs on Philly's roster at both the 4 and 5 spots, there's a reasonable chance that you can just wait a year, play Amir as poor man's Noel in the meantime, and get Noel for nothing but cap space next summer (or at a discount at the trade deadline). Boston just posted the fourth-best defense in the league, so there isn't some huge rush to get someone to shore up that side of ball anyway.

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2016, 02:16:33 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I've been saying all summer I don't follow College ball. 

So then perhaps you shouldn't take a dump on guys whom you've never seen play?  Lol.  That aside, I'm not sure that you're going to love Jaylen Brown, man.  You understandably don't like Marcus Smart, and neither do I, and while I haven't seen a ton of him, myself, Brown looks like a taller, bigger, more athletic version of Marcus Smart, except for the fact that he lacks Smart's defensive, ball handling, passing, and maybe even decision making 'skills' ahahahaha ;D, but I'm probably wrong.

Personally, I cannot wait to see both Smart and Brown on the court at the same time (sarcasm), bahaha ;D. #shootingstars #brickhouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBx6mAWYPU

They're mightay mightay, just lettin' them all rim out ;) ;D.

Lol you havent seen Brown as much as Stevens or Ainge, yet you claim to know better than them. Hypocritical much?  :laugh:

Of course, lol ;D.

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2016, 02:18:29 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
IT, Smart, Brown, Crowder, and Amir.
I look forward to it.

On offense?

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2016, 05:10:32 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Yeah he seems really well spoken and mature.

I'm starting to feel better about this pick.

His shot doesn't look broken at all. I think he was just asked to score differently in college because he had the physical skills to score in that manner.

I actually think he'll be an above average shooter....may never be a great catch and shoot type of player but if he can just hit an open jump shot to keep the defense honest he's going to be a helluva player.

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2016, 08:11:08 AM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
@greece666 re pira to minima su alla pistevo pos den leitourgise to reply...tespa, ye im greek XD
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2016, 08:15:10 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I 100% agree. It's as if fans forget that 19 year old kids can develop further.  I predict that Brown will be more successful than Dunn, it will just take him a bit to catch up.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2016, 08:25:34 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
And he gives the best interviews at such a young age. This kid is a winner through and through.
I am a little wary of good interviews. Michael Olowokandi went #1 because he gave a good interview. But I'm rooting for the young man; law of averages says we're due for one.
I'm super wary of good interviews also.  Bird couldn't put more than a sentence or two together but Royce White and Larry Sanders could sound like college professors.

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2016, 08:28:15 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
for some of these new guys to,make the fastest progress , we need to dump the Ohio State boys off the team.

I want to see Brown and Hunter play .  Not ET .

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2016, 08:35:33 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He seems to have an unreal work ethic.

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2016, 08:38:31 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
IT, Smart, Brown, Crowder, and Amir.
I look forward to it.

On offense?

Defense creates transition offense.

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2016, 08:40:16 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
I 100% agree. It's as if fans forget that 19 year old kids can develop further.  I predict that Brown will be more successful than Dunn, it will just take him a bit to catch up.

Remember last year when half the people here were claiming we were a lottery team?

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2016, 09:23:10 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I have no idea if Brown will be good or not.

The one thing I can say I am impressed with is how articulate he is for his age.  I was kind of dumbfounded when he spoke. He doesn't speak like a teen if that makes sense. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders so it's hard not to root for those types of guys.