Author Topic: The Very Best Jaylen Brown Highlight video  (Read 3871 times)

Re: The Very Best Jaylen Brown Highlight video
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 05:20:24 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
The guy has the same emotions/reactions as Leonard.

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 05:25:10 PM »

Offline TheBig3

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 18

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 05:52:47 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I have to say that was a great highlight video.

Have you seen highlights of games Bill Walton has called. When Bill Walton gushes over you, you know you have game.

The bill Walton think is overblown. He loves his intelligence and character.

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 05:57:02 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Have you seen highlights of games Bill Walton has called. When Bill Walton gushes over you, you know you have game.

Dude I love Jaylen Brown but Bill Walton could gush over an empty field the Grateful Dead played a concert at 30 years ago.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 05:57:28 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Kedrick Brown was coming from JUCO was not mentally ready for the nba, and was in a bad situation with jim o'brien at the time and our stand in the corner shoot 3's mentality.  If you watch brown he attacks the rim off he dribble on the catch and from the top of the key.  Kedrick did not do this. He was a dunker and was completely gun shy everywhere else.

O'brien could have coached Kedrick to be more aggressive but he never did.  Jaylen already is that.

Kedrick did not handle the ball. He was a stand in the corner and shoot  3's and dunk it in transition on breakaways and on lobs. That was it with occasional defense mixed in due to his athleticism.

Gerald Green was the same thing. He was not mentally ready for the NBA. 

Ainge made a point of drafting players who are this time.

I do really agree with  that. Kedrick was almost mentally handicapped. While Brown is almost a Genius.

Kedrick went to OkaloosaWalton Junior College. Let that sink in.

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 06:05:39 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
He's super young too. The sky is the limit with this kid.
Think about how big he's going to be in 3 years after working out in an NBA gym and with the Celtics chef feeding him $100 prime rib every day.
This kid is an absolute beast.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 06:22:55 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
I love his recovery on defense coming back and blocking shots on fast breaks the other way, ala LeBron in game 7 with 1:50 to go. 

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 06:38:37 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
He could be a Kedrick but maybe just maybe he'll be our next PP.

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 06:49:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
He's definitely the most athletic player we've had in a great while. He definitely has a high ceiling.

Two things worry me about him, though:

1) 95% of his scoring that I've seen has been right at the rim, which makes me think in the halfcourt set he won't necessarily be all that productive. Hopefully the increased spacing will still allow him to get to the rim regularly in the halfcourt set.

2) His shot is..... funky. There's something different about it - like he's short-arming/stiff with his arms when he shoots. Reminds me of Barbosa's shot quite a bit. Doesn't look like one that would be very reliable off the dribble.

EDIT: He also seems to be a pretty good finisher, too. But wasn't Smart also a good finisher in college? That hasn't translated yet to the NBA for him.

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 08:41:24 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Dude I love Jaylen Brown but Bill Walton could gush over an empty field the Grateful Dead played a concert at 30 years ago.

Yep. And I love him all the more for it.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 08:46:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
He's definitely the most athletic player we've had in a great while. He definitely has a high ceiling.

1) 95% of his scoring that I've seen has been right at the rim, which makes me think in the halfcourt set he won't necessarily be all that productive. Hopefully the increased spacing will still allow him to get to the rim regularly in the halfcourt set.

2) His shot is..... funky. There's something different about it - like he's short-arming/stiff with his arms when he shoots. Reminds me of Barbosa's shot quite a bit. Doesn't look like one that would be very reliable off the dribble.

EDIT: He also seems to be a pretty good finisher, too. But wasn't Smart also a good finisher in college? That hasn't translated yet to the NBA for him.
I noticed that, too. Off the dribble, it seems to take him a ton of time to square up. NBA defenders would be able to recover. Also, some shots didn't seem to have much -- if any -- follow-through. He says he's working on that stuff, so who knows. Seems to be  pretty determined. I'm curious how he's going to look in SL.

Smart seemed to have a very slow first step and that was evident before we drafted him. Finishing is not exactly the problem -- he can't get enough separation going to the hoop.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 08:56:52 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
He's super young too. The sky is the limit with this kid.
Think about how big he's going to be in 3 years after working out in an NBA gym and with the Celtics chef feeding him $100 prime rib every day.
This kid is an absolute beast.

I noticed that, too. Off the dribble, it seems to take him a ton of time to square up. NBA defenders would be able to recover. Also, some shots didn't seem to have much -- if any -- follow-through. He says he's working on that stuff, so who knows. Seems to be  pretty determined. I'm curious how he's going to look in SL.

Smart seemed to have a very slow first step and that was evident before we drafted him. Finishing is not exactly the problem -- he can't get enough separation going to the hoop.

All solid points guys.

TPs for all.

Brown is definitely a more valuable prospect than Smart, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoZYdk1YO5c

This guy is ripped.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2016, 09:30:10 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Hey, what is the draft, a dunking contest?

I like the kid--he's smart, athletic and can learn. I saw him hit 7 outside shots in a row, so he can shoot a little. He has the tools to be very good. But I could care less about this dunking BS.

Dunking doesn't win championships. Though I think Draymond Green wishes he had dunked on that last play in game 7 instead of going for the backboard. In any other situation, it's probably goaltending (James' left hand hit the rim).

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2016, 09:36:53 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
And Simmons vs Brown in 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCUg0hcP4Xk

Nice. Better than those dunking videos. Red would like this kid.

I'd start him at the 5. Honest.  :)

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 09:38:25 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Wow Cal has way too many different jersey types. Time to look into that budget.