Author Topic: I want nerlens noel  (Read 1686 times)

Re: I want nerlens noel
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 05:13:45 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
It would be awesome if Ohilly came out of this whole thing being an average team.

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 11:34:02 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I've been on board with getting Noel since before he was drafted.  I wanted us to trade Rondo for him.

I wasn't really on board with trading the #3 pick for him.  If he had 3+ years left on his rookie deal - MAYBE.  But his contract is the biggest reason why it made no sense to trade a cost-controlled 3rd pick for Noel + Filler. 

Second reason I'm ok with it ... I still think one of our main targets in free agency this year is Al Horford.   If you're slotting in Horford as your center, it probably doesn't make sense to use that 3rd pick to get Noel. 

I'd still be more than happy to get Noel.  Maybe Boston will re-approach it later after they get a chance to see how this offseason shakes out.  We still need to have a conversation with Durant and see what kind of team he wants.   It was wise to just hold on to our assets and wait until we got a better sense of the battlefield.

What if we were to make a run at Willie Caulie Stein instead? The Sarcramento Kings have inexplicably given themselves a logjam at Center and he may be available. 
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 11:39:12 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Why are Celtics fans so obsessed with this mediocre as hell player?

Come on guys. Set your sights a little higher. Yes, he is better than our current stable of bigs...but that isn't exactly an accomplishment. Yes, if we could get Nerlens Noel for nothing but cash? Sure that makes sense. Instant upgrade. But all the people suggesting we trade high 1sts and multiple 1sts for him are flat out off their rocker.

I'd literally rather have Dwight Howard on a max contract than Noel for any of our 1sts

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 09:57:40 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I've been on board with getting Noel since before he was drafted.  I wanted us to trade Rondo for him.

I wasn't really on board with trading the #3 pick for him.  If he had 3+ years left on his rookie deal - MAYBE.  But his contract is the biggest reason why it made no sense to trade a cost-controlled 3rd pick for Noel + Filler. 

Second reason I'm ok with it ... I still think one of our main targets in free agency this year is Al Horford.   If you're slotting in Horford as your center, it probably doesn't make sense to use that 3rd pick to get Noel. 

I'd still be more than happy to get Noel.  Maybe Boston will re-approach it later after they get a chance to see how this offseason shakes out.  We still need to have a conversation with Durant and see what kind of team he wants.   It was wise to just hold on to our assets and wait until we got a better sense of the battlefield.

Absolutely.  Just because a trade didn't happen last night doesn't mean a trade still won't happen after free agency begins playing out.  Philly still needs to move one of their bigs and after teams rejected their proposals last night, the price could only have gone down.

I could be wrong but I'd bet one of the reasons we picked Brown over Dunn is that we would have been in the same situation with four PGs and everybody knowing we had to trade at least one of them.

Mike

And yet we still have the same amount of PG's with the drafting of Jackson.  IMO we  will trade one of our PG's and Philly is still a good candidate.