Author Topic: I want nerlens noel  (Read 1683 times)

I want nerlens noel
« on: June 24, 2016, 02:37:05 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
 We still have a weak front court and now real future at pf or center. If we are truly trying to build a small ball line up. We need a defensive big who can run the floor as well as our guards at that is noel.

He is from new hampshire. He is young and gives us real rim protection. Plz danny I will forgive you for no fireworks last night if you plz get nerlens noel from philly
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: I want nerlens noel
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 02:39:06 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
We still have a weak front court and now real future at pf or center. If we are truly trying to build a small ball line up. We need a defensive big who can run the floor as well as our guards at that is noel.

He is from new hampshire. He is young and gives us real rim protection. Plz danny I will forgive you for no fireworks last night if you plz get nerlens noel from philly

Somebody mentioned something about there being character issues around the kid, and beyond just the trashed home and weed, which may be why his value is so low. Does anyone know about that?

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 02:40:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
How want a home wrecker on your team? And his behavior after confronted was bizarre

He cant shoot. Cant add weight

Why do you want him?

Celtics obviously didnt

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 02:42:24 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I've been on board with getting Noel since before he was drafted.  I wanted us to trade Rondo for him.

I wasn't really on board with trading the #3 pick for him.  If he had 3+ years left on his rookie deal - MAYBE.  But his contract is the biggest reason why it made no sense to trade a cost-controlled 3rd pick for Noel + Filler. 

Second reason I'm ok with it ... I still think one of our main targets in free agency this year is Al Horford.   If you're slotting in Horford as your center, it probably doesn't make sense to use that 3rd pick to get Noel. 

I'd still be more than happy to get Noel.  Maybe Boston will re-approach it later after they get a chance to see how this offseason shakes out.  We still need to have a conversation with Durant and see what kind of team he wants.   It was wise to just hold on to our assets and wait until we got a better sense of the battlefield.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 02:49:30 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I've been on board with getting Noel since before he was drafted.  I wanted us to trade Rondo for him.

I wasn't really on board with trading the #3 pick for him.  If he had 3+ years left on his rookie deal - MAYBE.  But his contract is the biggest reason why it made no sense to trade a cost-controlled 3rd pick for Noel + Filler. 

Second reason I'm ok with it ... I still think one of our main targets in free agency this year is Al Horford.   If you're slotting in Horford as your center, it probably doesn't make sense to use that 3rd pick to get Noel. 

I'd still be more than happy to get Noel.  Maybe Boston will re-approach it later after they get a chance to see how this offseason shakes out.  We still need to have a conversation with Durant and see what kind of team he wants.   It was wise to just hold on to our assets and wait until we got a better sense of the battlefield.

TP Agree with everything you said after the 1st paragraph.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 02:50:06 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Absolutely.  Just because a trade didn't happen last night doesn't mean a trade still won't happen after free agency begins playing out.  Philly still needs to move one of their bigs and after teams rejected their proposals last night, the price could only have gone down.

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 03:32:17 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Absolutely.  Just because a trade didn't happen last night doesn't mean a trade still won't happen after free agency begins playing out.  Philly still needs to move one of their bigs and after teams rejected their proposals last night, the price could only have gone down.
I still think a deal where the primary pieces are Marcus Smart and Nerlens Noel could make sense for both teams.  But let's see how the rest of this offseason plays out first.

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 03:40:02 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

I could be wrong but I'd bet one of the reasons we picked Brown over Dunn is that we would have been in the same situation with four PGs and everybody knowing we had to trade at least one of them.

Mike

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 03:50:24 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

I could be wrong but I'd bet one of the reasons we picked Brown over Dunn is that we would have been in the same situation with four PGs and everybody knowing we had to trade at least one of them.

Mike
Absolutely.  We would have had 7 guards.  I talked about that in the thread where I asked if Philly or Boston had more leverage.   Taking Dunn, we would have had an even worse log-jam than Philly has.   

We would be splitting 24 minutes for Smart and Dunn off the bench.  We'd have zero minutes for Rozier and Hunter.   It would have been basically flushing trade assets down the toilet.

I don't think Philly has any delusions of winning immediately, but they can roll into this season with Simmons playing unconventional point guard and splitting 96 minutes between Embiid, Okafor and Noel (32 minutes each).   They'll have time to keep showcasing these guys as they continue to develop and improve.

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 04:00:54 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I basically wrote this in another thread, but Philly still has to trade some centers to make their team work and they just found out how cold the market is for their guys. That's good news for the Celtics this summer.

If Philly brings their price down, I wonder if the C's could get Noel for something like: one of Rozier/Jackson, one of Young/Hunter/, one of Olynyk/Jerebko and a pair of future second rounders.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 04:13:08 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I still think Whiteside is a possibility here. His contract will be somewhat smaller, still run through prime years and costs us only cap room. Much less $$ than Horford.

He's a polarizing figure but it would be awfully interesting to have the leagues leading Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. blocker behind our perimeter defense. A constant lob/ offensive rebound threat next to our collection of stretch 4s.

IT/ Bradley/ Crowder/ Jerebko/ Whiteside would be entertaining... With Rozier/ Smart/ Brown/ Amir/ KO second unit and Mickey/ Bentil/ Hunter/ DJax depth. Euros later.

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 04:15:11 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
My day wouldn't be complete without a Hawkeye thread.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 04:16:00 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I want Okafor

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 05:10:13 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I don't see whiteside leaving beautiful Florida for us the way we are currently built.

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 05:12:27 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I wanted a philly big or just keep Dunn but it is interesting that nobody wanted either of the philly big men. Really surprising there were no rumors for them outside of us.