Author Topic: Post Draft Trade Partners?  (Read 1643 times)

Post Draft Trade Partners?
« on: June 24, 2016, 12:51:24 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Magic for Nikola Vucevic? They just acquired Ibaka and already have Gordon at the 4. Time to move on from Vuc?

Kings for WCS? They just drafted Papagiannas and Labissiere plus they have Cousins and Koufos?

Nuggets for Nurkic? They have Jokic, Faried, and Lauvergne plus drafted Hernangomez and Cornelie?

If we can't make a trade with Philly do any of these work? I like the idea of Vuc the most.

Re: Post Draft Trade Partners?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 12:55:45 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
They need a Center. Don't believe Vuc is on the block. Aaron Gordon might be though for an established player like Crowder.

Payton, Fournier, Crowder, Ibaka, Vuc

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 01:06:52 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
What about Kings for Cousins? I think people are underestimating that possibility. The Kings will be ready to move on and rebuild because Rondo is likely to go elsewhere (please not the Nets!!). Who is going to sign there?

I'd rather run with the guys we have than trade for a starting center who is not versatile. I don't want Vucevic for that reason.

I'd look at Nurkic if the Nuggets were interested. But I'd want Chandler too. I'm all in on versatility and toughness. Chandler would bring more of that to our team.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 01:14:14 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Kings for WCS? They just drafted Papagiannas and Labissiere plus they have Cousins and Koufos?
Kings for WCS Cousins? They just drafted Papagiannis and Labissiere plus they have Cousins WCS and Koufos

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 03:14:30 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
What about Kings for Cousins? I think people are underestimating that possibility. The Kings will be ready to move on and rebuild because Rondo is likely to go elsewhere (please not the Nets!!). Who is going to sign there?

I don't think the Celtics have a singular asset attractive enough to build a trade around to convince Sacramento to trade Cousins to Boston. I think Ainge will have to wait until next year's draft and hope that Brooklyn pick lands high enough to entice Sacramento into doing a deal.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 04:00:38 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Idk, Magic have 5 free agents and 7 guys under contract this summer, only got one (not that great) draft pick and they have a three starting bigs in Gordon, Vucivic, and Ibaka. They could use some young cost controlled assets which we currently have too many of.

If we could steal Vuc for 3 young guys, Jerebko, and a pick I'd be very happy. He's making $11mil a year for 3 more years and doesn't turn 26 until October.

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 04:02:50 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
The Kings have centers and need point guards. We have point guards and need centers.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 04:14:03 PM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things

I don't think the Celtics have a singular asset attractive enough to build a trade around to convince Sacramento to trade Cousins to Boston. I think Ainge will have to wait until next year's draft and hope that Brooklyn pick lands high enough to entice Sacramento into doing a deal.

If brooklyn strikes out in the offseason someone may be willing to trade for the 2017 BK pick and value it pretty high in late July early August.  Next years draft is loaded.

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 04:25:08 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

The impression I got was that SAC wanted to give Joerger a 1/2 season to mesh with Cousins, but that if its same-ol-same-ol by the trade deadline (by which time the value of the 2017 Nets pick should be in rough focus), they'd have to seriously look to move him.

I can't believe we couldnt' put together something like the 2 Nets picks, a third negotiable #1 pick (say BOS 2019 pick) and a solid rotation guy or two for Cousins and some cap flotsam.

At that point SAC will have much less leverage b/c a team like BOS will only get him for 1.5 years.

GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 04:31:35 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
It was the Sixers before the draft, and it will be the Sixers until we move some guards or they move some bigs.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 04:36:28 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
It was the Sixers before the draft, and it will be the Sixers until we move some guards or they move some bigs.

Or until they get guards or we get bigs.  But neither has happened, so everyone can have a cooling off period and talk again in early July.

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 04:39:19 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Idk, Magic have 5 free agents and 7 guys under contract this summer, only got one (not that great) draft pick and they have a three starting bigs in Gordon, Vucivic, and Ibaka. They could use some young cost controlled assets which we currently have too many of.

If we could steal Vuc for 3 young guys, Jerebko, and a pick I'd be very happy. He's making $11mil a year for 3 more years and doesn't turn 26 until October.

Yeah the Gordon-Ibaka-Vucevic frontcourt seems pretty clunky. ORL wants to make a big FA splash (which might include making a max deal for Horford).

I don't think it's crazy given the makeup of ORL's team that something *like* Demetrius Jackson (a value backup PG), Ante Zizic (cheap, cost controlled Vuc replacmeent), Young (a flier) and the LAC #1 pick could be enough for VUC.

An ancillary nice thing about dealing for Vuc would be that given his contract he could be a key part of a Cousins deal if Cousins became available.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 04:42:04 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Lets hope Jackson kills in the SL and maybe he can drive up his value some.

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 04:55:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Lets hope Jackson kills in the SL and maybe he can drive up his value some.
I kinda thought it this happens maybe Smart is the guy that's gone. Maybe

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 05:02:44 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Or until they get guards or we get bigs.  But neither has happened, so everyone can have a cooling off period and talk again in early July.
I was interested in trade rumors involving the Sixers during the draft. If we are able to get Noel after the draft without giving up a top 3 pick it will make me feel even better about this draft.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19