Author Topic: Free agency Plan C?  (Read 4664 times)

Re: Free agency Plan C?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 02:45:13 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Fire Ainge

And

Tank.
Unless we land Durant, LeBron or Steph+Klay+Draymond, i don't see any scenario where this team is winning a championship.   So are you really going to blame Ainge if Durant, LeBron and Steph+Klay+Draymond can't be had?  It's a superstar's league.  Always has been and always will be.  If you dont' have a superstar, you're an also-ran.   So what difference does it make if we stay the course as an also-ran and hope one of our young guys develops, vs trading all our chips for a couple borderline stars that will make us a slightly better also-ran?  That's the New York Knicks way.  We aren't the New York Knicks.

Ainge can have this job for life as far as I'm concerned.

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 02:48:40 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I would bet the "Break Glass in Case of Emergency" plan if all decent free agents turn us down is to give the Nets our first round picks from Memphis and the Clippers for Lopez.

Mike

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 02:52:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If KD and Horford are totally off the table, then I am okay with trying to acquire other higher paid free agents; I am just not blown away by Anderson or Whiteside.

First, I would much rather go for Biyombo - he's younger, more explosive, has an incredible build, and solid work ethic. Whiteside is incredibly talented, but scares the crap out of me. Between the two, Biyombo seems like much more of an Ainge guy than Whiteside, which is comforting.

For the stretch-4, I am not sure what direction to go in. I suppose we could force Crowder over to the PF spot and go for a guy like Bazemore, but I understand that is questionable.

Giving the max to Whiteside, Barnes, or Anderson would leave me less than thrilled at first, but I would probably sell myself on the merits of these moves with a likely improved roster next year while keeping all of our 'assets.'

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 02:53:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I would bet the "Break Glass in Case of Emergency" plan if all decent free agents turn us down is to give the Nets our first round picks from Memphis and the Clippers for Lopez.

Mike
Yeah, the ol kill two birds with one stone move.  Get a solid big and help the draft picks.

I have a feeling Brooklyn might try to improve their roster this summer, though.  60 million in cap space.

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 02:56:40 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Let the Nets give a max deal to players like Barnes or Whiteside. I would rather wait and go after Steven Adams or Nerlens Noel next year.

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 03:01:57 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
I liked Whiteside this year but not sure I can trust him with a max deal. His "businessman" approach scares me going forward. Like Jay King said, he might put him feet up on the table and say I'm good.