Author Topic: Assume Durant leaves OKC and Russ looks gone...  (Read 515 times)

Assume Durant leaves OKC and Russ looks gone...
« on: June 24, 2016, 11:17:35 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
You would think OKC would move on from Russ in that scenario.  So where do you think Russ ends up and what kind of return does OKC get for him, knowing he is on a one year contract and could leave next summer.

Seems like LA makes the most sense since Russ would like re-sign there.  The Lakers certainly have enough young pieces to make it work, but I'm almost wondering if the Clippers make more sense with a 3rd team.  Aside from them any number of teams seemingly would love to acquire Russ and theoretically have the pieces.  These are the best and theoretically most realistic trades I could come up with.

Lakers for Russell, Clarkson, Randle
Clippers with Paul going to Cavs, Irving going to OKC
Sixers for Noel, Saric, Luwawu, Korkmaz, 2017 PHI 1st, LAL 1st
Celtics for Thomas, Crowder, 2017 BOS 1st (BKN swap), 2018 BOS 1st
Bucks for Middleton, Henson, Ennis, MCW, 2017 MIL 1st

Not too many other teams make a whole lot of sense.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Assume Durant leaves OKC and Russ looks gone...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 11:19:50 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Easy -LAL. That's where virtually everyone thinks he'll go anyways. And LA should give up whatever they need to to get him in order to have his Bird Rights and pay him the most over a longer term. It probably takes Ingram and Russell at least.

EDIT: Oh, that three way with LAC, Cleveland, and OKC looks promising, too, though I doubt they'd send Irving away after winning the title this past year. It's questionable whether they'll even send Love away, who they absolutely should.