Author Topic: 2017 NBA Draft (Early Looks)  (Read 31867 times)

Re: 2017 NBA Draft (Early Looks)
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2017, 11:17:29 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
https://theringer.com/the-ringers-2017-nba-draft-lottery-big-board-version-2-0-446c31b6a473#.aun59ekol

good write up ... but so so ranking

Smith Jr. Has fallen down on my list... he plays great against so so teams...but against good ones, he hasn't looked so good.  Especially against UNC. That was a horror show.  His shooting is streaky, can't hit the pull up jumper... and while explosive/quite the athlete, when teams are waiting for him to drive, ,his lack of wingspan really shows its ugly colors

So imo he is at the same tier of pgs as Fox, Ntilikina

Also I question Tatum over Jackson....   

« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2017, 12:16:25 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
https://theringer.com/the-ringers-2017-nba-draft-lottery-big-board-version-2-0-446c31b6a473#.aun59ekol

Smith Jr. Has fallen down on my list... he plays great against so so teams...but against good ones, he hasn't looked so good.  Especially against UNC. That was a horror show.  His shooting is streaky, can't hit the pull up jumper... and while explosive/quite the athlete, when teams are waiting for him to drive, ,his lack of wingspan really shows its ugly colors

Smith is below Fox and Ntilikina in my book.  He isn't in my top 10. 

Jackson is really hampered by his 3pt shooting 23.7% on 2.1 attempts and ft shooting 57% on 5.2 attempts.  He's also one of the oldest freshman.  I really like Jackson (defense, motor, passing) but it is hard to even project him becoming a halfway decent shooter.  That's going to hamper him on any team but especially ours.   Tatum, Isaac and even Bridges might be better for us if Jackson doesn't show significant improvement with his shooting.     

« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2017, 12:32:11 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Jackson is really hampered by his 3pt shooting 23.7% on 2.1 attempts and ft shooting 57% on 5.2 attempts.  He's also one of the oldest freshman.  I really like Jackson (defense, motor, passing) but it is hard to even project him becoming a halfway decent shooter.  That's going to hamper him on any team but especially ours.   Tatum, Isaac and even Bridges might be better for us if Jackson doesn't show significant improvement with his shooting.   

Jackson is premium grade Matt Barnes, especially with that hitch in his jumpshot. That's a good NBA player, but its only a good NBA player.

« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2017, 12:48:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Jackson is premium grade Matt Barnes, especially with that hitch in his jumpshot. That's a good NBA player, but its only a good NBA player.

I don't understand why you chose your nickname and think Jackson is only going to be a good NBA player... can you explain?

Maybe you should change it to Jumpshotswinschamps :)

You know what other point forwards that can handle the ball/pass but can't shoot... Lebron James, Ben Simmons

« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2017, 01:27:47 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

I don't understand why you chose your nickname and think Jackson is only going to be a good NBA player... can you explain?

You know what other point forwards that can handle the ball/pass but can't shoot... Lebron James, Ben Simmons

I agree with your point but I think Iggy is the better comparison.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2017, 01:36:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I agree with your point but I think Iggy is the better comparison.

not bad!

« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2017, 12:59:47 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2017, 01:58:47 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
https://deanondraft.com/2017/01/23/how-good-is-this-years-draft/

According to the authors prospect rankings, he has Wiggins below the following players: Okafor, Gordon, Exum, Ingram, and Deangello Russell. Now granted he has an argument that the rest of the players on the list are better so far than wiggins, but those 4 are unexcuseable. DAR has regressed as the season has gone on, Exum isn't even better than Smart at this junction, Gordon is all potential and no substance, and Okafor is racking up DNP-CDs...... I want to listen to the guy, but this is just absurd.

In a comment at the bottom, the author actually refers to Wiggins as a bust. I don't know about most here, but a 3rd year player averaging 21, 4 and 2.5 on 45/34/73 isn't a bust. Is he a amazing superstar world beater as some hyped him to be? Of course not. But we can't just throw around the B word because players haven't lived up to the hype.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 02:15:52 PM by A Future of Stevens »
#JKJB

« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2017, 04:33:18 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
https://deanondraft.com/2017/01/23/how-good-is-this-years-draft/

I saw this yesterday and appreciate his work. I disagree with his thoughts on Monk. I cant see taking him top 5 nor do I think he would ever look like a top 3 pick in my book. His game isnt dynamic enough. Some interesting thoughts overall.

« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2017, 04:48:25 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Frank Ntilikina. He's not playing much and with so much talent at the top this year, what are the chances he stays over in Europe to get more playing time and prove his worth and maybe go in the top 5 in 2018? Does anyone have any news on him and how much interest he had in entering this years' draft?

Add: He'd likely be the youngest player in this draft if he did enter.

« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2017, 02:20:46 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2017, 11:28:34 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2017, 12:24:46 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Is it weird that I was more optimistic getting the #1 pick with 3rd best odds last season, than I am getting #1 pick with best odds this season?

« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2017, 12:29:56 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Is it weird that I was more optimistic getting the #1 pick with 3rd best odds last season, than I am getting #1 pick with best odds this season?
there's something strage about having the best odds

It makes me feel like we won't get a top 2, ha!
I trust Danny Ainge