Author Topic: 2017 NBA Draft (Early Looks)  (Read 31906 times)

Re: 2017 NBA Draft (Early Looks)
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2016, 09:54:02 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/five-players-boosted-draft-stock-170128030.html

The 7'2 euro kristap clone looks intriguing

Robert Williams also looks like a nice fit for the Celts

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2016, 10:07:09 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Robert Williams looks like a tristant thompson. Wow . He also has a mid range jump shot and can make fts. I would take this guy at 8. Those rebound snatches at both ends ...beast. Could be just what the doctor ordered

https://youtu.be/L9haQRO-SZ4

« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2016, 10:10:05 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I'd take Grayson Allen. He is a bit of a momma's boy, but the kid has serious talent.

Here is my early season evaluation.

As far as tiers go, I have Fultz above everyone else slightly. He has the potential to be a superstar, with few significant question marks to their game.

Then Ball, Isaac, Giles, and Ntilikina. These guys look like they have all-star potential, but there are question marks about their transition to the NBA game, injuries, etc.

Then Jackson, Fox, Smith, and Tatum. Each of these guys look like starters who might might an all-star in their career, but not franchise cornerstones.

I think Lauri Markkanen could easily be a big riser in this draft with there being so few bigs at the top. He has to show me more toughness and physicality inside, but the kid is a legit 7 footer who moves like a swing and can shoot. Blossomgame could be a Butler-like guy to get at the end of the 1st round.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 10:19:31 AM by DefenseWinsChamps »

« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2016, 10:19:25 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'd take Grayson Allen. He is a bit of a momma's boy, but the kid has serious talent.

As far as tiers go, I have Fultz above everyone else slightly. He has the potential to be superstars, with few significant question marks to their game.

Then Ball, Isaac, Giles, and Ntilikina. These guys look like they have all-star potential, but there are question marks about their transition to the NBA game, injuries, etc.

Then Jackson, Fox, Smith, and Tatum. Each of these guys look like starters who might might an all-star in their career, but not franchise cornerstones.

I think Lauri Markkanen could easily be a big riser in this draft with there being so few bigs at the top. He has to show me more toughness and physicality inside, but the kid is a legit 7 footer who moves like a swing and can shoot. Blossomgame could be a Butler-like guy to get at the end of the 1st round.

Allen is overrated. He is slow like Jamal Murrag but not as skilled.  On defense he might be tripping everyone

Markannen is not what the celts need. He is like another KO. Unless KO is not brought back

I think Robert Williams is just what the doctor ordered if the nets pick drops top 8-10 spot

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2016, 10:20:52 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas

As far as tiers go, I have Fultz above everyone else slightly. He has the potential to be superstars, with few significant question marks to their game.

Allen is overrated. He is slow like Jamal Murrag but not as skilled.  On defense he might be tripping everyone

Markannen is not what the celts need. He is like another KO. Unless KO is not brought back

I think Robert Williams is just what the doctor ordered if the nets pick drops top 8-10 spot

Williams looks like a solid role player. I'm hoping for a bit more from this pick. Markannen might be an Olynyk, but I think he could be a little more too.

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2016, 10:29:04 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Williams looks like a solid role player. I'm hoping for a bit more from this pick. Markannen might be an Olynyk, but I think he could be a little more too.

True... Also hartenstein is a nice look KO like prospect

Tristant Thompson is also a role player but a super role and more important than many starters in the league

Williams will get you those rebounds. Muscle in buckets at crucial moments. Looks like a top flight athlete and high level motor. Strong , explosive

« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2016, 10:34:50 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas

Tristant Thompson is also a role player but a super role and more important than many starters in the league

Williams will get you those rebounds. Muscle in buckets at crucial moments. Looks like a top flight athlete and high level motor. Strong , explosive

I'm not against Williams at all. He looks like a good prospect. In fairness, no one knew who he was a few months ago, and even now, he is only getting 20 minutes a game.

I just have my eye on the top 7-8 talent, along with looking for the Greek Freaks of this draft.

« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2016, 10:43:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I'm not against Williams at all. He looks like a good prospect. In fairness, no one knew who he was a few months ago, and even now, he is only getting 20 minutes a game.

I just have my eye on the top 7-8 talent, along with looking for the Greek Freaks of this draft.

But how do we ever solve rebounding weakness then?

Yes take bpa. But celts are kind of in a situation where needs also matter

Can you imagine we draft another decent pg?  Like smith. Just call the team Boston Munchkins

« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2016, 10:53:31 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
I like Jonathan Isaac for us, we need length like that on this team and he has a smooth shot, could be the big we need. Ideally though, I hope we draft a PG because those are looking to be the best players in this draft.

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2016, 11:19:27 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Allen reminds me of Danny Ainge. If he was not on a star-studded team he'd be putting up BIG numbers. He is a little slow of foot, that's why he trips people, but he'll have a job in the NBA. I'd take Kennard 10 times out of 10 over Allen though. I swear, these guys, like Suarez and his biting, have a disease that makes them act out like that.

« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2016, 11:24:22 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I've watched a bunch of the top HS players, and the only one I'm really interested in is Harry Giles, who has effectively done nothing through 2 games at Duke. He has injury concerns.

Barring anything crazy happening in the tourney, I want the Celtics to trade the pick for an established player. I don't see any of these 19 yr old guys coming in and contributing right away.

« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2016, 11:33:32 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Is there any word on the controversial draft "tiers" yet?

It seems like the first seven or eight guys (jackson, ball, fultz, giles, smith, tatum, isaac, and fox) seem to be about all on the same level, i base that on absolutely nothing of course..

I think this early in the season that's a pretty reasonable list.

« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2016, 11:55:08 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
I've watched a bunch of the top HS players, and the only one I'm really interested in is Harry Giles, who has effectively done nothing through 2 games at Duke. He has injury concerns.

Barring anything crazy happening in the tourney, I want the Celtics to trade the pick for an established player. I don't see any of these 19 yr old guys coming in and contributing right away.

Youre sleeping on some talent. I would love to have Lonzo Ball or even Josh Jackson.

« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2016, 12:51:00 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I like Jonathan Isaac for us, we need length like that on this team and he has a smooth shot, could be the big we need. ....

I do too. He looked good early on, but missed a couple of games with a hip flexor, and has looked pretty non-existent in the two games back since.

Looking forward to seeing how he does in conference play.

« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2016, 12:58:02 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I agree with Allen's talent evaluation. Kid can shoot, has hops and is smart. Kid has issues, though.

Last night, he was involved in ANOTHER (3 or 4 now, I think) intentional tripping incident. Then he lost his mind like a spoiled, bully child on the bench after the call.....National TV game....lots of NBA scouts there....what are you thinking, man?

If he can't control himself on that stage with so much at stake, there's a problem.