Author Topic: 2017 NBA Draft (Early Looks)  (Read 31888 times)

Re: 2017 NBA Draft (Early Looks)
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2016, 01:22:53 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
In 2017, point guards take five of the 10 spots in our top 10. That's welcome news for NBA teams who have seen a dearth of point guards in the draft the past several years.

I know we shouldn't look too far ahead, but assuming the room was split between Brown and Dunn this is a little tidbit that makes me feel better about going with Brown.

According to the Bleacher Report Big Board, though, the only top-10 picks that aren't SF or PG are the guys at 2, 9 and 10, with Giles being the guy at #2. Hope the knees are good.

Mike

Draft Express has 4 bigs in its top 10.  Harry Giles at 1, Thomas Bryant at 7, Marques Bolden at 8, Edrice Adebayo at 9, and Jarett Allen at 10.

I'll take it. DE>BR.

Mike

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2016, 01:57:07 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I have seen two or three games of Josh Jackson but in those games he wasnt offensively aggressive. I want to watch more of his games. There are plenty out there. I like Tatum but is time has gone on Im starting to love Jackson. His D is outstanding at this stage and you can plug him into any system. Would love to put him next to Brown and they can both bond over chess.

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2016, 02:46:33 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I would go for Giles to put next to Horford.
1. IT 2. AB 3. Kevin Durant 4. Giles 5. Horford

Now if only free agency and the lottery will all pan out this way, that would be a dream come true!

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2016, 02:49:30 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Yeah I understand the balance of that team. I have not seen much of Giles. Only part of one game so its hard for me to comment on him. Lets talk more about him going forward.

I would go for Giles to put next to Horford.
1. IT 2. AB 3. Kevin Durant 4. Giles 5. Horford

Now if only free agency and the lottery will all pan out this way, that would be a dream come true!

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2016, 11:42:42 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
We pretty much know we'll be getting a top 5 pick at worse, so it'll be interesting to follow this very talented group. I just wish we had 2 lottery picks. I still think the pick will be traded, especially if we know for sure we'll get someone like D. Cousins in FA next year. I definitely think Hayward is coming here.  Then I think the pick + player(s) will be traded for a veteran.

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2016, 12:21:52 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
I am interested in seeing how Ivan Rabb performs.  He will be a sophmore, but still only 20 when the draft comes next year.  I could see him flying up boards in his second year.  Played well as a freshman, and should have a larger role in his second season.  Could be a good lengthy 4/5 to pair with Horford (and hopefully Mickey!).

6'11" 7'2" wingspan.  NBADraft.net compares him to Bosh.  I like him and will be keeping on eye on Jaylen's former teammate this year.

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2016, 09:44:41 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Youtube just told me to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RU2GFrq58A

Not sure if others have seen it yet, but it's pretty exciting. Jackson looks to have the potential to be an absolute beast. Giles, too -- his knee injuries are unfortunate, but if he passes medical evaluations, he would be an incredible get. And then Fultz and Smith Jr.? Jesus. In BKN we trust.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2016, 11:12:40 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Youtube just told me to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RU2GFrq58A

Not sure if others have seen it yet, but it's pretty exciting. Jackson looks to have the potential to be an absolute beast. Giles, too -- his knee injuries are unfortunate, but if he passes medical evaluations, he would be an incredible get. And then Fultz and Smith Jr.? Jesus. In BKN we trust.

things i noticed:
1) a draft class of insane athletes, ironically my favorite Jayson Tatum is probably the least athletic
2) great wing depth
3) Markelle Fultz's poise and ballhandling is why i think he's going number 1. Not even considering his shooting and great athleticism.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2016, 12:21:06 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

things i noticed:
1) a draft class of insane athletes, ironically my favorite Jayson Tatum is probably the least athletic
2) great wing depth
3) Markelle Fultz's poise and ballhandling is why i think he's going number 1. Not even considering his shooting and great athleticism.

How good a shooter is Fultz? Not impressed with his athleticism--he doesn't really dunk at all in the half court, not the best first step, mix tape is full of floaters and pull-ups. If he's an elite shooter I'll buy the #1 hype, but with so much depth at PG across the league, it's tough to stand out if you're not an impressive athlete.

I also like Tatum a lot. I wonder if he's as good from 3 as he is from mid-range though.

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2016, 12:29:58 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

things i noticed:
2) great wing depth

How good a shooter is Fultz? Not impressed with his athleticism--he doesn't really dunk at all in the half court, not the best first step, mix tape is full of floaters and pull-ups. If he's an elite shooter I'll buy the #1 hype, but with so much depth at PG across the league, it's tough to stand out if you're not an impressive athlete.

I also like Tatum a lot. I wonder if he's as good from 3 as he is from mid-range though.
None of the top guys are good shooters. Giles Jackson Smith Fultz even Tatum.

The only good shooter(purely based on DX) is Isaac who they have going late lotto.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2016, 01:30:45 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

things i noticed:
2) great wing depth

None of the top guys are good shooters. Giles Jackson Smith Fultz even Tatum.

The only good shooter(purely based on DX) is Isaac who they have going late lotto.

I've always wondered how much elite athleticism affected shooting development.  There's probably a lot of guys that successfully developed a jumpshot in the league. That's my hope for Brown, but not committed to Smart for now.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2016, 08:36:26 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I am also excited.  These youngbloods look real dope and straight up funky fresh.

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2016, 09:42:34 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Is Hayward a good idea. Are we better off with crowder and Bradley due to their defense? Shouldn't we use thT salary somewhere else?

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2016, 11:56:14 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I am also excited.  These youngbloods look real dope and straight up funky fresh.
A tp for what clearly the cutest post so far in this thread.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2016, 02:26:41 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
A tp for what clearly the cutest post so far in this thread.  ;D

Right back at ya!