Author Topic: 2016-2017 Free Agency: Make Your Predictions!  (Read 8925 times)

Re: 2016-2017 Free Agency: Make Your Predictions!
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2016, 06:23:47 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
We didn't make any significant roster additions, so you can pretty much take most of the tier 1 and tier 2 free agents off of the board.

I'm still hoping for a Noel trade that doesn't cost too much in assets, because they surely have to trade one of their three centers before the season starts, right?

Other than that, probably some more minor Amir-like signings to keep the ever-important concept of "flexibility" open, even though we never take advantage of it, which is to say that this summer will most likely just be one more big...

Our big three, "Flexibility," "Assets," and "Max cap space."

LOL. I much prefer the original Big Three or the second Big Three.

I'd like to get Dudley—his shooting would be quite valuable—and I'd like to see JJ and Amir brought back if nothing better is available (and there probably won't be).

But I'm not expecting anything bigger or more exciting than that. Expecting or even hoping for anything else will only land me in a mini-depressive state.

I'm pretty confident that this team will go into camp with mostly the same roster as last season—maybe subtract Turner and Sully while adding Brown and a rookie benchwarmer.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2016, 06:30:11 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Why is no one mentioning the obvious?

Max offer to Whiteside.

Mike

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2016, 06:35:07 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Regarding the OP

afaik Jerebko's contract is guaranteed for 2016-17; there is no option.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/BOS.html

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2016, 09:33:10 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
https://twitter.com/Marc_DAmico/status/746437106071920640

Well, supposedly we turned down some good role player deals in order to keep our maximum cap space this summer with Danny having certain plans for that space. I'd really like to know his ideal plans for free agents this summer.

Also suggests Noel was certainly in play as reported.
Trevor Ariza was probably offered by Morey i guess?
I like the fact he stated disciplined and didnt pi$$ away cap room..sometimes i worry he cant help himself on a good bargain.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2016, 11:35:53 PM »

Offline passesofftodj

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
The only two free agents that interest me are Crabbe and Drummond.  Anyone know the deal with Drummond's restrictions?

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2016, 11:51:07 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Same as the draft ;D -

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2016, 11:56:05 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Hassan Whiteside, max contract let's go  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2016, 12:06:12 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
We didn't make any significant roster additions, so you can pretty much take most of the tier 1 and tier 2 free agents off of the board.

I'm still hoping for a Noel trade that doesn't cost too much in assets, because they surely have to trade one of their three centers before the season starts, right?

Other than that, probably some more minor Amir-like signings to keep the ever-important concept of "flexibility" open, even though we never take advantage of it, which is to say that this summer will most likely just be one more big...

Our big three, "Flexibility," "Assets," and "Max cap space."

Would it make you feel better to be in the Sixers position?

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2016, 12:08:01 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Regarding the OP

afaik Jerebko's contract is guaranteed for 2016-17; there is no option.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/BOS.html

There's no option, but it's a non-guaranteed contract, completely non-guaranteed.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2016, 12:23:35 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Next summer, how much money will Nerlens Noel, Steven Adams, and Alex Len command?  Got to think if Danny roles with Amir and Jerebko one more year he can replace them with a free agent center and draft the best big available.

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2016, 09:47:00 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Same as the draft ;D -

Which turned out well. Glad to see your mood has improved and you are more optimistic.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2016, 09:48:35 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Reading this thread reminds me that had one two things gone differently (gone according to plan in fact) we would be rolling with a 'Big Three'  of Rondo, Jeff Green and Kevin Love.  How times change.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2016, 09:55:50 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

If we do not pick up Amir's option to sign a second free agent, would we be allowed to re-sign him to a mid level exception?  If so, is that way too little money for him?  What do people think he will be able to get on the open market? 

I think the answer is we won't be abe able to use the mid level, but I'm not sure.  I'm guessing he will get about $10 million per, but I'm curious to what others think.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 10:13:16 AM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2016, 10:07:32 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I just posted a thread the talk today is that Ainge is going all out in signing Durant and Horford. If he gets Horford, Durant comes in play--he has told Ainge Horford is a guy he would like to play with. They are one of few teams that have room for two max players.

I expect Ainge to go all out to sign Horford and Durant. From that standpoint, his draft makes sense.

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2016, 11:03:31 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
I just posted a thread the talk today is that Ainge is going all out in signing Durant and Horford. If he gets Horford, Durant comes in play--he has told Ainge Horford is a guy he would like to play with. They are one of few teams that have room for two max players.

I expect Ainge to go all out to sign Horford and Durant. From that standpoint, his draft makes sense.

Agreed on this. Even if Durant is not in play, with our system, Horford will be free agent priority #1. Ryan Anderson/Jared Dudley will be FA priority #2.

I think we deliberately avoided drafting a Center to our roster this season (that's evident by us trading a lottery-projected center when we could pick him in the 2nd round), we're going to make a big swing at a DMC trade centered around next year Nets pick, Amir and Crowder.

We want Horford on our team, but I'm not sure if they have him slotted as a PF or a C. I think other moves will dictate this