Author Topic: UK votes to leave EU  (Read 3333 times)

Re: UK votes to leave EU
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2017, 12:51:30 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 229
Too many political threads in a basketball forum. Smh. C'mon now.

This thread is from June 2016.

In any case, if you think there is something wrong with it, discuss it with the mods.

By commenting, you just bump the threads you don't want to see.

I didn't bump a thread, it was at the top when I made my comment as were two other
political threads despite the Celtics having a great win.   I try to avoid these threads, but lately they have been dominating this blog.  I have never made a complaint to a moderator.  If people want to turn this into a political blog, by all means, but I think it stinks.  I take a peak at these threads too often lately as they get a lot of attention .  Yet, I have never seen a productive conversation.  These threads are dominated by hyper partisans from both sides where they praise those with similar toughts or insult those who disagree.  I have never seen a good conversation.  Just my two cents.  Please, more basketball and less politics.

>I didn't bump a thread, it was at the top when I made my comment as were two other
political threads despite the Celtics having a great win.>

It goes at the top every time someone comments on it. By commenting at it, you help keep it at the Latest Forum Topics (and for the wrong reason).

> I try to avoid these threads>

Please try harder.

You do not understand the difference between a basketball forum and a basketball only forum. This section is called Off Topic for a reason.

I explained this already after your first comment. There are not many threads. This is actually a pretty old thread. I try as hard as I can to keep all relevant info and comments into one thread.  To my mind, this is good ettiquete.

Again, apologies if seeing a current affairs thread in the Latest Forum Topics caused you distress. But the mods are the the people with whom you should discuss this.

When I made my comment on this thread, 3 of the top 8 threads on this blog were about politics despite the Celtics just beating the Raptors which was a huge win for our team.  At that moment, this thread was the most recent.  My comment was about the growing politics on this board, not specifically the exact topic of this particular thread or about you personally.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:58:52 AM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2017, 01:00:59 AM »

Offline greece666

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Mods!

« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2017, 01:07:37 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Jim Loscutoff
Mods!

Please tell me you are joking, if you are, that's pretty funny. 

« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2017, 01:16:42 AM »

Offline greece666

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Mods!

>Do not "hijack" threads, either by taking them off topic or making them your own personal sounding post.  Generally, it is not appropriate to post in the same thread several times in a row to get your point across.>

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=10.0

« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2017, 01:28:05 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Jim Loscutoff
Mods!

>Do not "hijack" threads, either by taking them off topic or making them your own personal sounding post.  Generally, it is not appropriate to post in the same thread several times in a row to get your point across.>

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=10.0

It was my mistake for picking a random political thread to gripe about the overall growth ln political conversation overall.  As I explained, 3 of the most recent threads were about politics just after one of the biggest wins of the season.  I picked this thread because it was at the top of the "Latest forum topics" and I made a general statement consisting of twelve words. 

The only reason I keep commenting in this thread is to defend myself from your insults and calls to moderators even though I have clearly explained myself without any partisan comments or personal attacks.

« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2017, 01:35:01 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 964
Knuckleballer....if you ask the mods you can request "NCE" status and I believe you will longer see "current events" topics, including political discussions.

« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2017, 01:39:01 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Jim Loscutoff
Knuckleballer....if you ask the mods you can request "NCE" status and I believe you will longer see "current events" topics, including political discussions.

I don't necessarily want to not see them.  I just think it's been getting out of hand recently.  Minutes after the Celtics biggest win of the season, 3 of the top threads were about politics.  I only made a very short general statement criticizing that without insulting either side or anyone personally.  I understand Greece was offended because my comment was in his thread, but I think I have articulated that had nothing to do with my point.