Author Topic: Don't stash Zizic  (Read 4659 times)

Re: Don't stash Zizic
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 10:29:54 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Btw, as much as we love to see these guys play for our team, we have no space on our roster. Stashing is a real option guys.we cannot have 20+ guys on the roster (our reg 15 guys plus 6 rookies and thornton and iverson) even if we drop amir sully turner jerebko holland young and zeller that is still not enough space

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 10:34:05 AM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Btw, as much as we love to see these guys play for our team, we have no space on our roster. Stashing is a real option guys.we cannot have 20+ guys on the roster (our reg 15 guys plus 6 rookies and thornton and iverson) even if we drop amir sully turner jerebko holland young and zeller that is still not enough space

We can make space. Amir and Jerebko are team options. Turner is a unrestricted free agent. Sully and Zeller are restricted free agents. Holland isn't guaranteed. And we don't need to keep our second round selections we just made. There are plenty of options and we can make space if we want to.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 10:56:48 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I think we'll stash him because he's so young.
He struggled mightily vs length against the usa in the U/19's.
I'd rather bring over Yabusele than Zizic at this stage to replace Sully.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 11:00:14 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Hope he is better interior player than Zeller and KO.  We desperately need some serious rim and front court players .

We need a fearless player .   The above just don't cut it .

I d love to see this guy play and contribute .

Danny just keeps pushing anybody over 6 8 further and further away from the Celtics.

With Danny I feel it's just jesture to draft a center .  I don't trust his thinking anymore after this latest epic screwup.

Read scouting report and watch video.  Tough as nails inside.

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 11:05:59 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Cool story on Zizic by David Blatt...sorry if it's been posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQEfFTjZ6uE

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 11:41:07 AM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
Advantages to stashing Zizic and Yabusele.

They won't count against the cap this year which between the 2 would be I think $2,750,000.
Actually it will be more than that because Danny will give them 120% on their rookie deals.

If they wait a year they will be a year older and better developed when their rookie contracts start.

They will get much more playing time in Europe.

If they are here this year it causes a huge crunch as far as sending players to the D league.  Bentil, Jackson, Nader, Young, Hunter, Mickey and even Rozier could use time there and you can't send them all at once.  If you add Yabu and Zizic to that just LOL.  etc. etc.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:01:23 PM by The Oracle »