Author Topic: Don't stash Zizic  (Read 4636 times)

Don't stash Zizic
« on: June 24, 2016, 08:19:18 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
We need him next season. Need fo replace sully/zeller

Zizic was fiba center of the year. Tremendous rebounding skills/effort. Nice scoring from PNR , runs the floor for transition opportunities and has a 15-17 ft mid range (infrequently used but looks smooth, 71 per ft shooter). Is not a good passer but has a good iq and high level motor

I think we got ourselves a Tristant Thompson like player here

Re: Don't stash Zizic
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 08:21:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Danny just does not want to put a team on the floor .....spend Wyc s money ......till LeBron is 40 years old . 

So ...it appears he just concedes defeat to LeBron . 

The chance to improve the team was tossed away last night .....like trash.

Come on Danny step up to plate and trade for bigs who can play .

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 08:23:22 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I want to see Yabusele play too. But I guess we won't see those guys until Jerebko, KO and Amir expires.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 08:23:44 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
I'm not too familiar with how the whole draft-and-stash thing works. If it's a first rounder, it's the player's decision, right? That is, the Celtics can't force him to play in another league while still holding his draft rights. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 08:55:04 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I'm not too familiar with how the whole draft-and-stash thing works. If it's a first rounder, it's the player's decision, right? That is, the Celtics can't force him to play in another league while still holding his draft rights. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cant force but suggesting is ok

Yabu is perfectly fine with developing in europe. He said , 1 or 2 years is fine

Zizic on the other hand made it clear he wants to play in the NBA next season. Cant see why Danny would not be ok with this. He is young but has a nba body and he will be able to rebound right away

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 07:28:50 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Zizic was fiba center of the year. Tremendous rebounding skills/effort. Nice scoring from PNR , runs the floor for transition opportunities and has a 15-17 ft mid range (infrequently used but looks smooth, 71 per ft shooter). Is not a good passer but has a good iq and high level motor

I said the same thing in a couple of other threads, TB.  Totally agree. He can contribute next year for sure. Love this pick.

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 07:32:28 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
If he's as good as you say he is I'd like to see him next year instead of going with rentals that have no future with the team. Force Steven's hand!

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 07:36:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Hope he is better interior player than Zeller and KO.  We desperately need some serious rim and front court players .

We need a fearless player .   The above just don't cut it .

I d love to see this guy play and contribute .

Danny just keeps pushing anybody over 6 8 further and further away from the Celtics.

With Danny I feel it's just jesture to draft a center .  I don't trust his thinking anymore after this latest epic screwup.

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 07:39:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

I afraid we may have to keep Zeller or Sully ......KO is always hurt , Amir old ......

All this makes me so mad .  .....ugh.

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 07:44:01 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I think we may see him if DA can't land a big like Horford,Gasol,Noah. He said he could contribute now, but he still needs a little work and an other year in Europe would be better than fighting for minutes here.

But the kid looks good, said to play with a mean streak. One of the ESPN guys said it was a steel, which was surprising.

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 07:56:44 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
He should get a chance to prove it in Summer League. If he can *play NBA now*, and he can *show it* in SL. Keep him here. If he looks to need more development (Iverson), pack him off to a good position on a Euro team.

I say the same about Yabo. The knock on him is that he doesn't play defense. Well, show us you can and do in SL and maybe Danny will keep you here and let Sully go away.

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 10:00:50 AM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I hope we don't stash him. Also apparently he doesn't want to be stashed. We shouldn't force him to be stashed but I wouldn't stash him anyway.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 10:09:11 AM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
I think it's going to come down to what the rest of the roster looks like after trades and free agency.  Zizic I don't think will be a stash unless really necessary.  Yabu, on the other hand, may have to wait until they consolidate the roster a bit.  Which could easily be this off season. 

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 10:19:07 AM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I hope Yabu doesn't get stashed either. Develop players here.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 10:24:57 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Hope he is better interior player than Zeller and KO.  We desperately need some serious rim and front court players .

We need a fearless player .   The above just don't cut it .

I d love to see this guy play and contribute .

Danny just keeps pushing anybody over 6 8 further and further away from the Celtics.

With Danny I feel it's just jesture to draft a center .  I don't trust his thinking anymore after this latest epic screwup.

Screwup? We are still in good position to make a splash in fa, still have good picks esp next year. We got good young players in this draft. We havent lost anybody. Just because you dont know these players you think we should imitate the nets?