Poll

Will Brown be our franchise player?

Yes
No
He'll be traded before he gets the chance

Author Topic: Jaylen Brown - franchise player?  (Read 9986 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown - franchise player?
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2016, 04:01:21 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Byron Scott was on espn nba the jump and really likes him.

Take that for what it is worth.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2016, 04:03:21 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Great. If Byron Scott likes him that makes it even worse.

« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2016, 04:21:40 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52

And your not liking him makes him even better.

« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2016, 04:24:31 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I never said I didn't like him but nice shot. I'll tell you who I don't like - James Young. He is a major bust and I don't care if he's only 12 years old - he's never going to be good in the NBA.

« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2016, 04:28:23 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
This site is filled with too many disgruntled arm chair managers, pretending to be Celts fans. I love the direction we are headed in.

« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2016, 04:32:19 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
This site is filled with too many disgruntled arm chair managers, pretending to be Celts fans. I love the direction we are headed in.

Yes I am pretending to be a Celtics fan. I watch EVERY game - do you? I live and die with this team. They made promises about our assets and they didn't follow through. I am not looking forward to waiting for 2019 when these players can contribute if they aren't busts before then like JAMES YOUNG. Don't tell me who is and who isn't a Celtics fan. Because I don't like what they aren't doing like they promised I have the right to my opinion and my disappointment. I have always been a major Danny fan until now. I feel this is becoming a trend with him where "nothing" happens as promised. We were told last year there would be fireworks and there wasn't and it's happening again.

« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2016, 04:33:20 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Yes I am pretending to be a Celtics fan. I watch EVERY game - do you? I live and die with this team. They made promises about our assets and they didn't follow through. I am not looking forward to waiting for 2019 when these players can contribute if they aren't busts before then like JAMES YOUNG. Don't tell me who is and who isn't a Celtics fan. Because I don't like what they aren't doing like they promised I have the right to my opinion and my disappointment. I have always been a major Danny fan until now. I feel this is becoming a trend with him where "nothing" happens as promised. We were told last year there would be fireworks and there wasn't and it's happening again.

Who promised that?

« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2016, 04:34:20 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52

I never said I didn't like him but nice shot. I'll tell you who I don't like - James Young. He is a major bust and I don't care if he's only 12 years old - he's never going to be good in the NBA.

I agree, Young hasn't come around enough to warrant any time. He's a prime example of the risks associated with drafting teenagers. Think about it, teenagers in any profession, not just basketball, are not finished products. They may show potential but it then has to be realized... and it is not in every case. The potential may be evident to a lot of people, ie mock drafts; but there's a big risk factor involved if it ever becoming a reality.

« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2016, 04:35:36 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:43:09 PM by hodgy03038 »

« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2016, 04:42:57 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64

If the shoe fits, buy an outfit to match.

« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2016, 04:45:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This is anything but "promising". Sorry.

"We’re a patient group. We will take a multiyear plan if that’s what it takes. But I think this June there could be some fireworks. I think this June we’ve got so many pieces to this puzzle that we might be able to shake loose a real piece or two for this team going forward. So, I’m hoping it’s sooner rather than later."

Who promised that?

If I remember correctly it was Wyc.

Here is the link:

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/3/14/5507798/wyc-grousbeck-thinks-there-could-be-some-fireworks-this-summer

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2016, 10:54:37 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Well, the more articles and interviews I see, the more I'm liking him. I don't know if this is some sort of bias going on (I don't know what it's called) but I'm excited to see him play in Summer League, particularly playing with Smart. I still maintain smart is going to be special and I would love to see how he's improved over the summer.
- LilRip

« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2016, 11:08:06 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75

Who promised that?

If I remember correctly it was Wyc.

Here is the link:

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/3/14/5507798/wyc-grousbeck-thinks-there-could-be-some-fireworks-this-summer

You do realize the the Bold Title of the Article is He THINKS there MIGHT be fireworks..  How do you take as a promise?

And for the Poll Question I Think he will absolutely be a franchise player..

« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2016, 11:24:35 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I see Kedrick Brown. I see failure. Did we load up for Kevin Durant? He really must want to come here now. The Knicks are a more attractive team now than the Celtics for KD.
Why would you select a SF, when you already have a SF better than him and then pursue the second best SF in the world.  The selection of Brown clearly indicates to me that Boston doesn't expect to do anything in free agency and is going to go full on rebuilding.  Only thing that makes sense.  If Boston thought it was a real player in free agency it would have made the trade with Philly and picked up Noel who is at a real position of need and that no matter who you sign in free agency would have minutes on the roster.

Somewhere in between. they're rebuilding while increasing their win total each year (although it might be hard to beat 48 this year). They have  the 1-3 positions completely locked up, and fortunately with youth. They have crazy $ to spend on bigs. I don't think we should expect a 19 year old to immediately contribute, even at #3, painful as it is. By the time he's 24 we should know what type of player he is, which hopefully is a top 2 way wing player ala Jimmy Butler/Kawhi Leonard.

« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2016, 12:17:00 AM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
I mean, yeah, it doesn't signal a rebuild, because we're still rebuilding. lol But, yeah, I totally agree with you. Talk is cheap, and after three summers of "flexibility," I'm starting to think it's just a misnomer for, "Well, we tried, but we couldn't fleece anyone in a deal. So it's better to keep our options open for when we can finally get a star from a GM who we can fleece."

Well......yea. Otherwise you're making deals for the sake of making deals and just trying to get into the second round. I mean, I suppose Ainge could have outbid Orlando for Ibaka last night by offering Marcus Smart and the third pick, plus maybe another later pick or two, but I'll pass on that. If they can't make a deal that sets them up to be contenders now, I'd rather wait until an opportunity presents itself, with the potential downside being adding four consecutive lottery picks (I'm counting Memphis here) to be brought up and developed on a playoff squad with high-character vets. If you can't trade for a franchise guy, try to grow one, and don't do it by bringing him into a circus.