Author Topic: Does anyone know if we signed any undrafted guys for Summer League yet  (Read 1041 times)

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Will Yabu and Zizic come for the Summer League?

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I hope so, Iverson and Thornton played in the SL even though they were stashed.

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Does it matter that they were second round guys though? Maybe they have some contract stuff (since they're non guaranteed). Can our first rounders with guaranteed contracts also play in summer league?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Does it matter that they were second round guys though? Maybe they have some contract stuff (since they're non guaranteed). Can our first rounders with guaranteed contracts also play in summer league?

Anyone with or without a contract can play in summer league.  There have even been a few guys over the years that played in the third year of their 4-year rookie first round contracts
I'm bitter.

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I think we have enough players for TWO Summer league squads...we don't need any undrafted guys.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we have enough players for TWO Summer league squads...we don't need any undrafted guys.

Guys like AB who have been in the league will not play in Summer league.

I can see Mickey, Hunter, Rozier and the rookies, Holland.   I think Smart will be iffy.

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK

I can see Mickey, Hunter, Rozier and the rookies, Holland.   I think Smart will be iffy.

I think smart is out. he has duties with the pratice team for team U.S.A. plus i need him to chill cause he might break his hand again LOL.

Online Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Rozier, Mickey, Hunter and Young are all expected to play summer league.

https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/746428228504453120

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I would expect to see Young there as well.

I wouldn't expect to see Zizic or the French player who's name I need to learn.  They're still under contract with their European clubs.

But rosters are I think limited to 10, so Rozier, Hunter, Mickey, Young, Holland, Brown, Jackson, Bentil, and Nader makes 9.  They'll likely try to get a center for the 10th slot.  Maybe Colton Iverson wants to say hello?  Or maybe they'll go small ball and we'll see Marcus Thornton.

At any rate, there's probably room for no more than 1 undrafted guy in Summer League.