Poll

Where does Brown fit in the 2017 rotation?

Turner is gone & Brown comes in as 6th man
29 (58%)
Turner stays if contract is reasonable & Brown slowly develops because he's only 19
21 (42%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: So Jaylen Brown replaces Evan Turner right?  (Read 6992 times)

Re: So Jaylen Brown replaces Evan Turner right?
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2016, 10:54:41 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The future was supposed to start yesterday. That was a failure. 8 picks and what do we have to show for it. Projects with great bodies that can't shoot.

Next we are waiting for free agents. When that fails we will be waiting for the trading deadline. Next it will be the 2017 Brooklyn pick and eventually it will be that coveted lottery protected Clipper pick.

I am not getting any younger. I want to compete now. I am getting tired of mediocrity. I'll bet Stevens will be tired of it too if Danny and ownership doesn't step up.

We are in year 3 of the rebuild, and been in the playoffs the last two. I think everyone would love to compete now, but from the sounds the Butler deal was Smart,Crowder,AB. #3,16,23 and the 2017.

Thats WAY too steep for a very good player, not a great one. The 2017 pick alone(which rumored to be the deal breaker) could be better than anyone we could have gotten.

Even two of the three players would have been steep. That kills our defense. Bulter isn't any better defender than and one of those three players, he only has size on AB, and is only really better at creating his own shot, but thats not worth that haul.

76ers wanted to give us more picks, which we can't use and DA can make a bid on Noel next summer, and bit high enough that the 76ers wont bite, or just wait till the deadline and make a trade with scraps.

I'm good for two more years, thats the Nets pick and were we started the rebuild. Anything before that is gravy.

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2016, 10:57:20 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
The future was supposed to start yesterday. That was a failure. 8 picks and what do we have to show for it. Projects with great bodies that can't shoot.

Next we are waiting for free agents. When that fails we will be waiting for the trading deadline. Next it will be the 2017 Brooklyn pick and eventually it will be that coveted lottery protected Clipper pick.

I am not getting any younger. I want to compete now. I am getting tired of mediocrity. I'll bet Stevens will be tired of it too if Danny and ownership doesn't step up.

We are in year 3 of the rebuild, and been in the playoffs the last two. I think everyone would love to compete now, but from the sounds the Butler deal was Smart,Crowder,AB. #3,16,23 and the 2017.

Thats WAY too steep for a very good player, not a great one. The 2017 pick alone(which rumored to be the deal breaker) could be better than anyone we could have gotten.

Even two of the three players would have been steep. That kills our defense. Bulter isn't any better defender than and one of those three players, he only has size on AB, and is only really better at creating his own shot, but thats not worth that haul.

76ers wanted to give us more picks, which we can't use and DA can make a bid on Noel next summer, and bit high enough that the 76ers wont bite, or just wait till the deadline and make a trade with scraps.

I'm good for two more years, thats the Nets pick and were we started the rebuild. Anything before that is gravy.

I agree that would have been a ridiculous trade for all of those assets but it shouldn't be all or nothing. We got nothing but projects. I would much rather have had Thaddeus Young than the French Tank project. Thaddeus plays now and plays very well.

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2016, 10:57:51 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
PG - IT, Rozier, Jackson
SG - Bradley, Smart
SF - Crowder, Brown,
PF - Jerebko, Yabusele, Mickey
C - Amir, Zizic,

Sign three good free agents, and I'm good with this.

We stink. The rest of the East is catching up fast. I think

Cleveland
Toronto
Atlanta
MiamI
New York
Indiana
Detroit

May all be better than us now.

That's only seven.  Still in the playoffs!!!!
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2016, 10:58:54 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
PG - IT, Rozier, Jackson
SG - Bradley, Smart
SF - Crowder, Brown,
C - Amir, Zizic,

Cleveland
Toronto
Atlanta
MiamI
New York
Indiana
Detroit

Yes and we get to lose 4 straight to LeBron. Woohoo let's buy those playoff tix.

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2016, 10:59:45 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Turner leaves. Smart is 6th man. Jaylen plays 15-20mpg.

^this seems the most likely scenario to me now; I do not know how many mins Jaylen will play but I will be rly surprised if Turner stays.

As a general thought, I see no reason to hang on to average players such as ET when you have so many picks this year and the years coming. Personally, I would not fall in love with any of the ET, Sully, Zeller, Amir, Jerebko, J Young group: some of them will be used as short term plugs, but that's probably it.
The early takeaway from this years draft for me would be that Turner and Zeller are gone.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2016, 11:04:10 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
PG - IT, Rozier, Jackson
SG - Bradley, Smart
SF - Crowder, Brown,
C - Amir, Zizic,

Cleveland
Toronto
Atlanta
MiamI
New York
Indiana
Detroit

Yes and we get to lose 4 straight to LeBron. Woohoo let's buy those playoff tix.
The only team that materially improved over the past 48 hours of that bunch was Indiana.

Toronto is losing Biyombo and potentially Derozan. Atlanta lost Teague and might lose Horford and Bazemore, Miami stood pat but they have the unenviable task of resigning Wade and Whiteside, Detroit took Ellenson last night.

The hot takes are scalding.

Dissapointing night because another window to make that leap passed us by, but we are slightly better than we were going into last night.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2016, 03:03:10 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
PG - IT, Rozier, Jackson
SG - Bradley, Smart
SF - Crowder, Brown,
C - Amir, Zizic,

Cleveland
Toronto
Atlanta
MiamI
New York
Indiana
Detroit

Cleveland, yeah they're better than us.
Toronto hinges on derozan, but he's likely to stay so yeah better than us.
Atlanta just lost their all star point guard for a crowder/carroll lite, now has to start the German hair disaster at pg, and could lose horford (likely) and bazemore (not so likely) in FA
Miami made no moves to get any better, they're on par with us
New York thinks it's 2011, that team is no good
Indiana made very nice moves, they're officially better than us
Detroit hasn't done anything significant yet, so on par with us

And we just added the 3rd pick. If anything, we just got a little better than last year.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2016, 03:54:04 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I don't see us an better. If we are losing Sully who is going to get his points and REBOUNDS? If we are losing Turner who can create their own shot and distribute like him at the end of the game? James Young? A rookie?

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2016, 03:58:32 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I don't see us an better. If we are losing Sully who is going to get his points and REBOUNDS? If we are losing Turner who can create their own shot and distribute like him at the end of the game? James Young? A rookie?

I don't know -- maybe a free agent who's better?  Oh right, Wyc is too cheap to spend on a free agent, so says you.

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2016, 04:02:06 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I don't know -- maybe a free agent who's better?  Oh right, Wyc is too cheap to spend on a free agent, so says you.

Even if he isn't cheap which free agent(s) do you think would want to come here? We certainly are not the only players in the market. Everyone has money including the Warriors obviously.

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2016, 04:16:29 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Even if he isn't cheap which free agent(s) do you think would want to come here? We certainly are not the only players in the market. Everyone has money including the Warriors obviously.

I'd pray we get a stud or two but I keep feeling it's more like resign Evan and Amir and then overpay for Ryan Anderson.  :'(

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2016, 08:16:36 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Brown might take Turner's place in the rotation, but they're completely different players, so if we're expecting Jaylen to replace Evan's skill set - ball handling and passing, in particular - we're only setting ourselves up for disappointment, imo.

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2016, 08:52:04 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
[/quote]

There was no deal out there that could have created a Team that would have avoided this Fate Next year..
Had you given everything up for Butler you might Have be able to grab a game from them..
Okafor or Noel for the 3 - you still get swept..
Durant will not be an Option this year.
Teague or Hortford  - have yet to be The Cavs in the playoffs together yet..

Taking Brown wont help you This year - no.. But our future is much brighter with him than with anyone from Phi.. And I think Butler is the Floor for Brown.. (Butler cant shoot 3's either)

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2016, 10:03:16 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Brown can start when he earns it.  And not a minute sooner.  I believe that's the type of coach that CBS is.  And his job is to win games.  Now will JB get more minutes of opportunity than most rookies?  Of course.  And rightfully so.  But a starting position is something that you should win and earn, not a given. 

Well, not unless he blows us away in preseason, at which point you can argue he earned it by being the best option.  But it's going to be tough to beat out Jae Crowder or AB for a starting spot.

He's the 3rd pick in the draft and we are talking about bringing him off the bench. He's the 3rd pick in the draft!!!!

It's sad. He has to start for better or worse.
not sure why CBS should start a player who may not be the best player? simply because of location in the draft?

i expect CBS to put the best team out there to start games.

Did u see us in the playoffs?  We are not that talented. We just have a good coach and 1 all star that can over achieve in the regular season. It's time to take a step back and develop all of these assets by giving them proper nba playing time.

Proper nba playing time for the #3 pick usually means starting.

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2016, 10:48:37 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Well Brown is a very different player than Turner. We used Turner as a PG so Smart and Rozier would have to take that part over.  Also don't rule out the C's signing a vet wing player that can shoot 3's.