Author Topic: This site is BEYOND SLOW  (Read 9572 times)

Re: This site is BEYOND SLOW
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 02:41:37 AM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Try getting rid of your tag on your profile.

The fact it happens on all devices on multiple networks is confusing. Could power cycle modem/router. Run a speed test from speedtest.net.

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2016, 08:15:28 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Have you tried  changing your connection DNS server settings? Use 8.8.8.8 which is the Google server and see if it connects faster.

Just in case, I don't have any speed issues.
What would changing the DNS server do? The page eventually loads so the host names are being resolved correctly.

One shouldn't need to switch that unless an ISP stopped resolving a host name for some reason. For example. The person could ping the IP of the site but not pull it up in the web browser.

He was describing a symptom that alluded to the possibility of slowness in resolving the website address, as he said "Then suddenly, as if it just realizes that I wanna go to the site, itll connect."

That your DNS Server can actually resolve an address doesn't mean that it isn't having trouble doing it on a timely manner (or that for whatever reason you're having trouble communicating with said DNS Server).

As with everything, when you're troubleshooting, the best way to find out the problem is eliminating variables. This is one of them.

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2016, 08:38:25 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
To be fair, the site was excruciatingly slow last night; I was experiencing exactly the same thing allda was experiencing. Things seem to be back up to speed this morning, though.

I will also note that this wasn't the first time. It is a wonderful site and takes up way too much of my time, but every now and then there seems to be a hold up somewhere. The vast majority of the time I have no problems.

All I am saying is, I know what you mean allda - it's good  ;)

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 09:17:08 AM »

Offline buzz4209

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 5
Try logging out of the forum, close the tab with the forums open, then go to settings in your browser and clear browsing data (On chrome it's, Settings (3 dots upper right corner of browser window), then click "show advanced settings" at the bottom of the page, then Clear Browsing data.

Once you do that re-visit the forum (while logged out) see if it seems fast.

Then try logging in again. If it's slow only while logged in you'll know it's your user profile.

Hope that helps!

Buzz

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 10:47:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Celtics4ever, this issue happens on my home wifi, my home Ethernet cable, my phone wifi, my phone's LTE signal. Basically anything that I own that I use for the internet, whether I'm actually connected to my wifi, I'm using data, or using someone else's wifi. Laptop is brand new (although I did have these issues on my old laptop too), and the phone is an iPhone 6, so about 2 years old.

Trying rebooting router, and deleting your cache, perhaps.