Author Topic: Welcome Yabusele - Highlights  (Read 9298 times)

Re: Welcome Yabusele - Highlights
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2016, 08:38:05 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
LOL ...if Sully had Yaba s body he'd be an ALL STAR .....Sully hasn't been that cut since he 16 or 17 .

Sully is pretty skilled rebounder  and decent court IQ .  Otherwise he would,have never stayed on the Celtics .

Have to see if Yaba can fill Sullys shoes .

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2016, 08:43:19 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Not as explosive but has almost the same kind of body as Lebron , Draymond Green has.  More explosive than Green.

Those dunks are rim rattling. Imagine trying to stand in front of yabu and taking a charge. Might as well say goodnight 1st

Thinking the same .  LOL

LeBron might find out what it feels like to get run over by a train himself . 

He kinda is built like Larwence Taylor ex NFL player.

He might get a job with the Pats .....if he fails on the Celtics.

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2016, 08:45:38 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
recent pic? I thought he was fat, if this was recent, I take it back

There are some pics where he looks fat, I read somewhere that we liked the work he did on his body.   

I've been hearing over three past day that this guy is fat. He'said certainly thick but I don't see him as fat. Sullinger is fat. He looks like a dough boy. This guy looks nothing like Sullinger.

I agree, the Sully comparisons are way off, Sully has a pear body with wide hips.   This guy has massive broad shoulders.  Guys with wide shoulders have a lot of base to build upper body strength.  Their bodies are very different.

More info:

That being said, it’s clear why the Clippers were interested for their wing and frontcourt needs. At 6’8″, Yabusele is quite the physical specimen with sound athleticism and a powerful, 270 lbs frame with only eight percent body fat, a number he trimmed down over last season as he proved his work ethic overseas with Rouen in France. He upped his intensity, focus for the game, and showed what he can do as a power forward with strong rebounding, a 42.6 percent three-point shot, and intriguing potential for a smaller big man.

http://clipperholics.com/2016/06/24/clippers-wanted-celtics-guerschon-yabusele-in-nba-draft/

His build reminds me of Larry Johnson.

Nice Dunk here that shows his strength.   He is not an elite leaper but any means though, he does seem nible for his size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_-NofZm05o

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2016, 08:47:32 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
The Celtics media team no doubt already has Tommy working on his name.

"Gherkin Yabbadabba"

"uh no Tommy, try again"

"Gurkmon Yaybaysay"

"Tommy...."

Etc.

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2016, 08:50:23 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I certainly not a doomsday "worst draft ever" kinda cat, but I have serious reseveration abou this kid. His draftexpress "weaknesses" vid is ugly. He really could have been taken 23, but it might be that Danny sees something crazy special in Zizic, and didn't want to risk him not being there at 31. If Zizic tops out at Gortat, well that is a job really well done.

Back to Yabadabado, he is certainly interesting, the Draymond comp is fine, but anyone with size and handle and defence will get compared to him. The Diaw comparison is way off too (yes, both French). I'd like to hear some older posters (I'm 34) comment on what 70's or 80's players he reminds them of, because I'm not sure there is a good modern comparison. Danny will finally silence doubters if this one works out (although Avery should have already).

Yabadabadoooooooooo!!!!!!
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2016, 08:52:29 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Let me just say, that I think Yabusele dunked more in those highlight video's than Sullinger has in his entire NBA career.

So let the comparisons stop at their rotund faces. Sullinger wishes he was the type of athlete Yabusele is.

Sullinger's got a vertical leap of about 6 inches off their ground.

Only time Sully gets higher than 6 inches vertical .....

When the Jet he is riding leaves the runway

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2016, 08:53:09 AM »

Offline Top Gun

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
He reminds me of Larry Johnson.

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2016, 09:08:00 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

"Gherkin Yabbadabba"

"uh no Tommy, try again"

"Gurkmon Yaybaysay"

"Tommy...."

Etc.

If he's the French Larry Johnson, then we should call him La Mémé.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2016, 09:15:56 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Let me just say, that I think Yabusele dunked more in those highlight video's than Sullinger has in his entire NBA career.

So let the comparisons stop at their rotund faces. Sullinger wishes he was the type of athlete Yabusele is.

TP. HAHAHAHJAH

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2016, 09:34:05 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Thats not true!

Also when some one puts the cookie jar on top of the cabinets.

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2016, 06:50:01 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

"Gherkin Yabbadabba"

"uh no Tommy, try again"

"Gurkmon Yaybaysay"

"Tommy...."

Etc.

If he's the French Larry Johnson, then we should call him La Mémé.

Brilliant. TP

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2016, 06:51:32 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Comparison: Millsap

Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPSlVR1EUrY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_byJ_VztiSU

Can't compare to Milsap, dude is 275 pounds. There is no comparison as of right now.

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2016, 07:03:08 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I was mad when this pick was first announced since I thought he could be had in round 2.  But I've come around.  Yabu's body is intimidating.  Looks like a bull in a china shop.  Very strong looking and he can also move.  Athletic.  He could turn into a bully on the block for us.  And he still has the skills to space the floor with the 3-ball when needed.  Nice!

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2016, 07:07:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I was mad when this pick was first announced since I thought he could be had in round 2.  But I've come around.  Yabu's body is intimidating.  Looks like a bull in a china shop.  Very strong looking and he can also move.  Athletic.  He could turn into a bully on the block for us.  And he still has the skills to space the floor with the 3-ball when needed.  Nice!

We got an explosive Milsap

Ridiculous. Could be our best pick of the draft

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2016, 07:16:31 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I certainly not a doomsday "worst draft ever" kinda cat, but I have serious reseveration abou this kid. His draftexpress "weaknesses" vid is ugly. He really could have been taken 23, but it might be that Danny sees something crazy special in Zizic, and didn't want to risk him not being there at 31. If Zizic tops out at Gortat, well that is a job really well done.

Back to Yabadabado, he is certainly interesting, the Draymond comp is fine, but anyone with size and handle and defence will get compared to him. The Diaw comparison is way off too (yes, both French). I'd like to hear some older posters (I'm 34) comment on what 70's or 80's players he reminds them of, because I'm not sure there is a good modern comparison. Danny will finally silence doubters if this one works out (although Avery should have already).

Yabadabadoooooooooo!!!!!!

I watched those DX videos. It does seem that everything in the "upside" column is based on his size or potential. Everything in the "weaknesses" column was definitely concerning, as it looked like he didn't know where to be at any given time (or worse, didn't care).

Having said that, those videos represent the entirety of what I've seen of this guy, and a lot of his technique issues are definitely fixable. I love these big swings of the bat - either a home run or a strike out.

Mike