Author Topic: Stein - Sixers offered Noel, Covington, 24, and 26 for 3  (Read 14373 times)

Re: Stein - Sixers offered Noel, Covington, 24, and 26 for 3
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2016, 04:29:40 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
The 76ers blogs say colangelo said there was no truth to this rumored offer.

But does he wish there had been?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2016, 12:40:38 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Bummer.  Would have loved to have Noel.

We are his hometown maybe he signs here next year !

I do not dismiss this as a possibility. Why give up the #3 pick for a guy who would likely love to come to your team as a FA in a year? This is not a championship team right now no reason to make quick moves. Must play chess not checkers
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2016, 12:52:51 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

I do not dismiss this as a possibility. Why give up the #3 pick for a guy who would likely love to come to your team as a FA in a year? This is not a championship team right now no reason to make quick moves. Must play chess not checkers

I wonder what the price might be for him closer to the deadline.

I mean, if I were Philly, I wouldn't trade him. At all. Match any offer, no matter what. But they seem to have decided he's the one to go. Great! May they continue to undervalue him. Maybe Danny can snag him in January with our own '18 1st, that protected Clippers pick, and a couple scratch ticket prospects like Hunter or Young or now Zizic or Bentil or...Jackson, or Rozier?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2016, 12:57:43 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

I wonder what the price might be for him closer to the deadline.

I mean, if I were Philly, I wouldn't trade him. At all. Match any offer, no matter what. But they seem to have decided he's the one to go. Great! May they continue to undervalue him. Maybe Danny can snag him in January with our own '18 1st, that protected Clippers pick, and a couple scratch ticket prospects like Hunter or Young or now Zizic or Bentil or...Jackson, or Rozier?

It depends on Embiid. If he's healthy and playing, then there's really no reason for them to pay a substantial amount for him to back him up, and they might as well trade him. However, if he's still injured or does not look like the franchise cornerstone that they think he is, they probably try and keep him.